• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 76 posts
  • LocationKittery, St Ives Compact

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

+1 for the Commando.

XL + Srms or lasers.

Forget the streaks, they're not worth their weight.

Play it like a striker and you'll be fine.

#22 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostThe Familt Ghost, on 07 October 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

Be careful not to add to hysterics via perception.

I haven't seen any proof of any problem, but have definitely seen my share of folks that turn their poor aim into developer's problems.

Look at how the criers wrecked PS2 for example.

Actually, there are quite a few youtube videos of players testing the hitboxes of spiders. There is a relatively large section between the chest and the hips where damage is not registered at all. There are videos of players shooting at a stationary spider for quite a long time (30 seconds plus) and the spider is not taking any damage (paperdoll is not flashing and enough laser shots to destroy an Atlas 2 times over have connected to the spider).

#23 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

I haven't seen any proof of any problem, but have definitely seen my share of folks that turn their poor aim into developer's problems.

You clearly have been actively trying to avoid this one if you ain't seen it or mounds of proof of it, as well as devs mentioning that there IS a problem but they are having trouble fixing it.

Posted Image

#24 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostCuddlytron, on 06 October 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

I just started playing lights, and so far I love it - a total breath of fresh air after playing HBKs, JMs, CTFs, and - more recently - AS7 for so long.

Go fast. Don't stop moving. Hit and run. Be a psycho little ankle biter. Don't commit to any fight... unless you've got a big slow lonely juicy assault mech all to yourself... Then you go ahead and chew on his back armor until his buddies notice you. Then you bug the eff out. > :D

So much fun.

Right now, playing Sara's Jenner with XL 300, 4 ML, BAP, AMS, and 4 JJs. Decided to drop the missiles altogether in favor of the utilities so that I could run cooler (manageable alpha with 4 ML, more DHS) and scout better (BAP).

Cuddly, maybe try your Jenner with only 2 jump jets. Also, what kind of missiles do you have on your Sara's?

#25 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostMike W, on 07 October 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

+1 for the Commando.

XL + Srms or lasers.

Forget the streaks, they're not worth their weight.

Play it like a striker and you'll be fine.

I disagree about the streaks, but it depends on what you're trying to hit. Streaks work great on lights, much better than regular srms, but against heavier mechs, regular srms have a lot more punch.

#26 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Be careful not to add to hysterics via perception.

Look at how the criers wrecked PS2 for example.

PS2?

And I wouldn't call it definitive proof, but it lends to my suspicion that there's a problem. I think the devs have actually admitted such at some point.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users