5 replies to this topic

#1 War Kitten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUnder a Cat

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

Greetings All,

I am on my 2nd 'Phracht (4x), loadout is 2 UA/C5s, exLL/, SSRM. The ssrm seems to be a better trade in stead of the lrm5 for the dam. When I clicked on the Artemas upgrade it told me the missle sys would have to be put back on. Does it weight more? What kind of help is it to the missle sys? Is it worth it? I believe it still fits in the same slot as the basic one. Would this help/stack with a BAP? On the side, is a BAP worth getting?

I am finding out that the Uac5s are not all that bad...even took down an Ember on the move with them.

Thank you all for your help!

War Kitten
"You'll have to pry my A/Cs from my cold, burned out, 'Mech!"
----War Kitten

#2 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

artemis speeds up lock times, and tightens missle spread, at the cost of more weight... (with streaks it just speeds up lock, and does not add any weight)

Bap is very worth getting for missile mechs for the anti-ECM stuff,, it also increases sensor range.. over all a very good use of 1.5 tons on many mechs, even with out missiles with how common ECM is these days

Edited by JC Daxion, 29 May 2014 - 12:07 AM.

#3 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 28 May 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

artemis speeds up lock times, and tightens missle spread, at the cost of more weight per ton of ammo.. (with streaks it just speeds up lock, and does not add any weight)

Bap is very worth getting for missile mechs for the anti-ECM stuff,, it also increases sensor range.. over all a very good use of 1.5 tons on many mechs, even with out missiles with how common ECM is these days

1 more ton and 1 more slot per launcher weapon. One ton of ammo is still one ton of ammo.

Other than that, your answer is pretty solid.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 29 May 2014 - 12:05 AM.

#4 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

whoops.. I knew there was a 1 ton in there some where.. ya 1 ton per did not sound right.. it is been a while since i used it.. :D (edited my first answer to remove ammo part.. don't wan't people to get confused)

Edited by JC Daxion, 29 May 2014 - 12:08 AM.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:39 AM

Note that adding Artemis to SSRMs does not add 1 ton/1crit to the launcher because technically Artemis should not affect SSRMs; however in MWO Artemis does apply to SSRMs which is basically a bug due to them sharing the same lockon system as LRMs.

#6 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:20 AM

Greetings all,

Some notes directly from the MWO wiki:

1. Artemis IV FCS is an advanced targeting system that can be attached to LRM and SRM launchers. It cannot be attached to either NARC Beacon or SSRM launchers.
Effect
- Improves the lock-on-time and tracking strength of LRMs by 50%.
- Improves the grouping size of SRM volleys by 34%.
- Does not add guidance to SRMs. (Lore states that it should.)
- Does not at all affect Streak SRMs. ((but side benefit is faster locks.)
- Using TAG and Artemis together decreases weapon lock and missile tracking strength on time by 75%
- Will tighten up the spread on indirectly fired missiles. Although it was originally designed for Line of sight from the firing unit to target to be fully effective.
- Artemis replaces all bonuses from NARC even if Artemis does not have LOS.

Artemis
- Makes use of its own Artemis ammunition.
- Can be applied to all standard LRM and SRM launchers, except Streaks.
- Capable weapons will take up one extra Critical Slot and weighs 1 ton more than usual.

Changing options will automatically upgrade/downgrade any existing eligible Missile Weapon and swap any eligible missile ammo to the proper type.
Price of the upgrade includes cost of the upgrade itself plus cost for the ammo (if there's not enough in the inventory). Base price is 750,000 CB to install, 500,000 CB to remove the system.
Mechlab 'Loadout' equip list will only show up Artemis eligible versions of weapons and ammo if the upgrade is installed.

BAP
The Beagle Active Probe, is a sensor suite that enhances the units onboard detection systems. Essentially it boosts radar coverage, locking and scan strength. It also can counter ECM at close range.
- 25% increased sensor range
- 25% decreased target info acquisition time
- Allows targeting of unpowered 'Mechs within 120m
- It counters 1 ECM within the range of 150m. It works the same way as an ECM in counter mode.

Tons: 1.5 IS (Clan 1)
Slots: 2 IS (Clan 1)
[increased range for Clans]

~ standard sensor range is 800m
~ trained sensor range = 920m
~ advanced sensor range = 1000m
~ The only 'Mechs you can detect are those within the front 120* of your field of view, except for 'Mechs equipped with the 360* Target Retention Module.
~ adding BAP to advanced sensor = 1250m detection.

So long story, short answer. Yes, Artemis will help with LRMs and SRMs.
And BAP will give you the targets at longer range, and push's the sensor detection. (I'd recommend moving up to advanced sensor) Additionally it breaks through ECM for streaks.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 29 May 2014 - 06:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users