Focus Fire Blip?

16 replies to this topic

Poll: Have a Focus fire button? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it a valid suggestion?

1. Yes. (27 votes [90.00%])

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

2. No. (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Other suggestion (comment). (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Spokig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn the top, As always.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

It would be awesome to have a button assigned to make a target somehow "Blip" or light up a bit more over the rest of the targets so its easier for Lance Commanders to get fokus fire on certain high priority targets.
It would clear the comms a bit aswell making the leaders have a better view over the battlefield as less people would ask wich target to fire or "wich one of the 4 spiders currently ripping me apart are we gonna take down first".

Could also add a series of buttons for the Company Commander to press and assaing certain lances wich one their lance should fokus on

Button x for "Alpha lance fokus target"
Button x for "Bravo lance fokus target"

and that one will glow up for the lance commander to make his chioce if they can see him or if he should take another one or something.

Whatcha say Mechwarrior´s? Am i a genius or a crazy swede who have been drinking to much?

#2 Critical Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 250 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Yeah the game needs more command options so company commanders actually feel like they can give direction and benefit the team, rather than being a player who stamps markers on the grid.

#3 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Excellent suggestion and one that would make both the lance and company command positions more important to the team. Maybe require that the command console be installed for it to work?......

#4 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

Command Console functionality?

#5 Spokig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

View Postcdlord, on 03 October 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Command Console functionality?

Indeed that would be the trigger for people to use it as Lance/commander leader pos :D

#6 Rivenloch

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMy house...at my desk.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

I have been wondering how they might implement the command console effectively. This is a great suggestion along those lines.

#7 nuked4ever

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

It would be awesome if you, as a commander, could press a button that designates your targetted enemy for focus fire. It'd also be especially helpful for those who aren't knowledgeable enough yet to know which targets should take priority.

#8 Spokig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postnuked4ever, on 03 October 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

It would be awesome if you, as a commander, could press a button that designates your targetted enemy for focus fire. It'd also be especially helpful for those who aren't knowledgeable enough yet to know which targets should take priority.

A little bonus cbills or xp for lancemates who fire att the leaders designation would encurage teamplay! And give 4man premade a hint to listen to a commander
(Was in a game today where 4guy in a premade just wonder of on forest colony snow and left the rest of the team to defend agaist a base push trough water)

Also if lances gets like a "defense or offensive" bonus from commanders markings.

#9 reidloS doG

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Awesome idea

#10 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

I like the idea if it was a function on the command module and put a special mark in place of the red triangle over the enemy mechs we have now.

I say no to something like making the targeted mech glow bright red and be easier to see on dark maps or anything else that makes them easier to see than they are now.

Just something to designate them but not make them more visible.

Edited by Lexx, 03 October 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#11 Spokig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostLexx, on 03 October 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

I like the idea if it was a function on the command module and put a special mark in place of the red triangle over the enemy mechs we have now.

I say no to something like making the targeted mech glow bright red and be easier to see on dark maps or anything else that makes them easier to see than they are now.

Just something to designate them but not make them more visible.

Yeah just the target box would glow not the mech itself. Never meant for it so im sorry if it did seem like it.

#12 Snowseth

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

Simple change. Invert the red triangle. Instead of up pointing up, it's pointing down (at the mech) of the Focus Fire targeted mech. Maybe pulses as well.
Don't need the actual target lock reticle to do anything. The point should be to draw attention to an unlocked mech as the Focus Fire target.

Good idea overall.
Expands a Commander Role.
Provides a use for the Command Console.
Reinforces Roles by providing bonuses for players that follow Commander Role orders.

This needs to be done.

#13 Spokig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

View PostSnowseth, on 04 October 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

Simple change. Invert the red triangle. Instead of up pointing up, it's pointing down (at the mech) of the Focus Fire targeted mech. Maybe pulses as well.
Don't need the actual target lock reticle to do anything. The point should be to draw attention to an unlocked mech as the Focus Fire target.

Good idea overall.
Expands a Commander Role.
Provides a use for the Command Console.
Reinforces Roles by providing bonuses for players that follow Commander Role orders.

This needs to be done.

Yeah about something done about would do, but just to invert the triangle i dont think would work so good in the heat of battle. It would be to subtle and pugs might miss it, a little glowing or a diffrent colour would be noticable and draw attetion.

edit: qouted Snowseth twice.

Edited by Spokig, 04 October 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#14 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm on board with the idea, or any similar mechanic.

#15 Spokig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I really hope something like this happens... getting sick of typing targets ingame.

#16 BbadAK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

This game desperately needs some kind of ingame spotting/order system that draws attention to a specific mech or location. The current spotting mechanic is ok for simply highlighting a mech but it fails to draw any significant attention if it is say, behind your team.

Something similar to the way battlefield does it, I am totally ok if this is simply a lance/company commander option or a command console function.

I feel strongly enough about this to give it a bump in hopes that more people see it.

#17 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Yea we need this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users