• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

I've been reading through a few posts lately and it seems like many have their personal favorite mech they like to stomp around in regardless of what's being offered in the form of hero mechs so I had an idea. Why not let players pay MC to turn their personal mech of choice into a "hero" mech. I mean other hero mechs were made famous by their pilots and custom configuration so why not let us, as pilots, make our own claim to fame?

You could work it a few different ways. Once a player has progressed far enough with loyalty points and rank within a faction they have the option at that point to turn their favorite mech into a "hero" mech for xx amount of MC.

They can only choose to do this to one mech (as that's the whole point to a hero mech right?) They pay the MC fee and boom they have their own galactically feared and recognized hero mech.

You could also associate a free mech bay, one color scheme for that mech and add in the C-Bill bonus for the cost of the MC fee. I think you would get a few more of both the hardcore and casual gamers doing this because it makes it a little more personal as well as adds to the immersion that you are actually involved in this game's universe and have an impact.

The requirement of achieving a certain rank, limiting it to one mech, and the MC fee prevent exploitation and give players an incentive to spend some MC (which means buying MC, which in turn means spending $$$$ cha-ching!) What do you guys think? Would you enjoy the idea of stomping around in YOUR champion mech making a name for yourself in the Inner Sphere?

#2 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

I had posted something similar to this as a Suggestion earlier, and the Developers seem to have noticed the idea. I can only hope that sometime in the future they choose to actualize it and provide such a feature :(

http://mwomercs.com/...-master-status/

Only, in my iteration, it just grants you a C-Bill bonus and not really too much else. I didn't want to detract from the value of "actual" Hero Mechs, but rather give people a way to make gameplay with their favorite non-Heros a little more rewarding.

However i can see how it would be nice to get a little more attention for yourself, like maybe a special unlockable paintjob or something that indicates your special status.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 04 October 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#3 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Well my view on it is, we are pilots of the Inner Sphere just like those that originally used the hero mechs. So if you rank up and rack up missions then you would get a reputation of your own within the inner sphere. To me it just makes it a little more personal

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

I can see how this idea could be split between 2 different playstyles - House/Faction Play, and Mercenary Play.

A House/Faction player's Heroic status would be more prestigious from a Loyalty standpoint, whereas a Mercenary's Hero status would be more geared toward notoriety. Originally I felt that Heroizing your Mech sounded too much like genuine Hero Mechs, so I chose to call it "Bounty Mastering" your Mech to provide distinction, and to justify the increase in C-Bill payout.

Spoiler

However, this kind of bounty-oriented fame isn't too applicable to Faction players who are part of the House MIlitary infrastructures. A House player's Hero Status might be better for generating extra Loyalty Points (+10% or something) along with a smaller C-Bill bonus (+5%) than a Mercenary player would get... But, adding more complication would push the implementation of such a feature back a little more...

#5 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

I am not as concerned about what they would call it. More of a, "You've done a lot, played a lot, fought a lot of battles, here's some recognition and distinguished honors" type deal. Plus it gives a player a chance to feel a little more like they "own" this mech and have a deeper tie to it and the game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users