Command Console Suggestion

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Command Console Suggestion (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support the idea?

1. Yes (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe (explain below) (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

Okay,

For quite some time we've known that the Command Console is the most useless piece of hardware in the game. Even more useless then a NARC. But isn't it about time we fix that?

My suggestion:

It continues to take 1 critical slot and 3 tons.

Instead of adding anything onto the mech itself it adds 2 additional module slots.

These module slots can only be occupied by modules that assist the team (i.e. UAV, Air Strike and Artillery Strike). This way if the mech in question wants to run coolant flush they have to remove other modules they could be using.

This would be a trade off for mechs to use more consumables and actually get some utility out of the command module.

What do you guys think?

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

hard to say. You're idea however, gives it a real beneficial use, not like it is now. If we get no other suggestions, then I'd say "YES" to your proposal. :(

#3 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

I tend to agree with Stingray1234 on this one. I see your reasoning and agree that Artillery Strike etc. would benefit the Lance; however I would like to see the Command Console gain more command functionality, maybe things like enhanced map modes with elevation data and real-time tracking of own units.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users