Fps Fix For Old Computers And/or Dual Core Machines

85 replies to this topic

#21 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Another thing I wanted to ask.

Is the cryengine11.dll in the latest patch the same as the one in the test server patch? If so, then we are playing the latest version of cryengine11 that pgi has tweaked and I am very impressed with what they have done.

If it is simply the old one, is it possible to switch to the dx11.dll from the test server patch and follow the steps above or would it create an error?

Edited by shellashock, 18 October 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#22 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

View Postshellashock, on 18 October 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

Another thing I wanted to ask.

Is the cryengine11.dll in the latest patch the same as the one in the test server patch? If so, then we are playing the latest version of cryengine11 that pgi has tweaked and I am very impressed with what they have done.

If it is simply the old one, is it possible to switch to the dx11.dll from the test server patch and follow the steps above or would it create an error?

not sure what you mean.

But every patch the .dll are re-downloaded. So thats why we rename them, When i use old .dll they crash the game. hopefully that answers it. :)

#23 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostDeerSpotter, on 18 October 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

not sure what you mean.

But every patch the .dll are re-downloaded. So thats why we rename them, When i use old .dll they crash the game. hopefully that answers it. :)

Ok, guess I'm going to have to rephrase my last post.

I'm assuming you know that PGI has a test server, correct? Well, PGI has recently said that the next things that will be put on the public test server is U.I 2.0 and DX11. Obviously you can't test the changes until the test server is put online, but the files that will be used for the test server will be available for download long before the test server is put online to maximize the amount of time people can spend testing. PGI basically puts out an advanced download.

Now, before the Launch event, there was supposed to be a showcasing of DX11 on the test server, but it was delayed because of a last minute crashing bug they found and the usage of the test servers for the launch event. PGI then stated that the next time the test servers would be used would be for DX11 and U.I 2.0.

They have updated the test server since last patch with an update that was much larger then the patch connected the live servers. I was wondering if this test server patch was the patch that contained U.I 2.0 and the completed DX11 or if it is simply a patch that updates the test server with all the latest stuff that was missed because of the usage of the test servers at the launch event (like Crimson Straights etc. idk).

If the patch did contain the completed DX11, I was wondering if you could switch the completed DX11.dll from the test server patch to the live server client and if you did, would it crash o throw an error? If not, then is the latest DX11.dll in the live server client but just disabled by default?

Hope this clears it up for you. :P

#24 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

View Postshellashock, on 18 October 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

Ok, guess I'm going to have to rephrase my last post.

I'm assuming you know that PGI has a test server, correct? Well, PGI has recently said that the next things that will be put on the public test server is U.I 2.0 and DX11. Obviously you can't test the changes until the test server is put online, but the files that will be used for the test server will be available for download long before the test server is put online to maximize the amount of time people can spend testing. PGI basically puts out an advanced download.

Now, before the Launch event, there was supposed to be a showcasing of DX11 on the test server, but it was delayed because of a last minute crashing bug they found and the usage of the test servers for the launch event. PGI then stated that the next time the test servers would be used would be for DX11 and U.I 2.0.

They have updated the test server since last patch with an update that was much larger then the patch connected the live servers. I was wondering if this test server patch was the patch that contained U.I 2.0 and the completed DX11 or if it is simply a patch that updates the test server with all the latest stuff that was missed because of the usage of the test servers at the launch event (like Crimson Straights etc. idk).

If the patch did contain the completed DX11, I was wondering if you could switch the completed DX11.dll from the test server patch to the live server client and if you did, would it crash o throw an error? If not, then is the latest DX11.dll in the live server client but just disabled by default?

Hope this clears it up for you. :)

oh i get it!

we could try it, kind of interested at this point.

#25 Epic Cheese

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

This is pretty cool, may have to try this :)

#26 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Okk...
After much testing...
Currently using DX11 DLL from public test.

Observations.
1. Does smoothen FPS a little bit for my case.
2. When I limit FPS to 60 it actually helps reduce CPU AND GPU usage.
3. Bad thing... Looks like I see the return of the mini map bug by using DX11.
4. Using DX9 with the same user.cfg settings uses more CPU and GPU. It seems to feel more jerky as well.

Switch I knew how to make MWO use the GPU more... 50% GPU usage and the frame rate drops to 40+ ??
No idea what is going on..

Edited by ShinVector, 19 October 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#27 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostShinVector, on 19 October 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Okk...
After much testing...
Currently using DX11 DLL from public test.

Observations.
1. Does smoothen FPS a little bit for my case.
2. When I limit FPS to 60 it actually helps reduce CPU AND GPU usage.
3. Bad thing... Looks like I see the return of the mini map bug by using DX11.
4. Using DX9 with the same user.cfg settings uses more CPU and GPU. It seems to feel more jerky as well.

Switch I knew how to make MWO use the GPU more... 50% GPU usage and the frame rate drops to 40+ ??
No idea what is going on..

if you rename dx11 to dx10 and say use dx10 then you wont have any issues. but if you use dx11 and say use dx11 then it gets weird with all the bugs.

#28 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostDeerSpotter, on 19 October 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

if you rename dx11 to dx10 and say use dx10 then you wont have any issues. but if you use dx11 and say use dx11 then it gets weird with all the bugs.

Yeah... It was renamed to DX10 as per instruction.
The bugs happens but not often. It might be a preview of what happens when they actually implement DX11.

#29 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Seems I got an around 10 FPS (or stability at least, no sub 20s) boost in FPS on my gtx560 4core AMD.

#30 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 21 October 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Seems I got an around 10 FPS (or stability at least, no sub 20s) boost in FPS on my gtx560 4core AMD.

i am working on turning off specific shaders. :) just a hint. there is more to come i got major fps increases. this is all for now.

#31 Hawk Moon

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online

In this file I dont have a user.cfg file currently so there is nothing to replace in your work around for bullet 5, step 1. Is this a problem or should i just paste it.

Edited by Hawk Moon, 23 October 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#32 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

You can make a user.cfg by opening a notepad file and copying the stuff from bullet 5 step 1 into it. Then save it and rename is as "user.cfg". That should change the icon from a notepad icon to a .cfg icon. Hope this helps!

#33 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

I've just tried this still testing it seems to be working well. not a huge boost but I don't get the dips I used to it seems. now it seems like it runs steady around 20fps in games with only occasional dip so I think its working well

#34 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostBlacksoul1987, on 24 October 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

I've just tried this still testing it seems to be working well. not a huge boost but I don't get the dips I used to it seems. now it seems like it runs steady around 20fps in games with only occasional dip so I think its working well

Great! thanks for the input! Ill try to make OP better yet with the option to turn off shaders that dont need to be rendered for low budget systems. Please check back here for updates.

#35 The Black Sun

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

Edit: POST MOVED to correct Topic.
Derpyderp!

Edited by The Black Sun, 30 October 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#36 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostThe Black Sun, on 29 October 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

Today, I had a closer Look at the .BAT, and I'm sorry to break it to you, Guys... but...

TL;DR: Completely useless if you're on anything newer than XP.

Alternatives...

Tweak Game Settings from within the Game Files:
  • Shaders
  • Resolutions
  • Full-Screen / Windowed
  • FOV [Field of View, thinner = smoother]
Close other Programs which are running in the Background:
  • Browser
  • Media Players
  • Messengers like Skype
  • . . .
Disable Windows Aero:
  • Right-click MechWarrior Online
  • Properties
  • Compatibility
  • Check the Box to disable Aero there
Also, as a last Resort I recommend:
  • CTRL+Shift+ESC
  • Right-clicking MWOclient.exe
  • Assigning a higher Priority to it [careful with "Real Time", though]
More advanced Stuff:
  • Set Exceptions for your Malware Scanner [the Directory MechWarrior Online runs from]
  • Get a proper Anti-Malware Program which isn't slowing everything down [Emsisoft, Kaspersky]

And here's why it's useless if you don't have XP [if you care to read]:

Spoiler

Maybe you should mention this in your first Post, so anyone who's running newer Systems won't report back that it didn't do anything for them or that they hope for achieving better Stability this Way.
Because, most likely, they won't.

Greetings,
BlackSun

lol wrong post... im sure you meant this? http://mwomercs.com/...s-7-preferable/

#37 darkstar385

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Thank you so much for this workaround to get DX11 working!

Basically, I have a notebook that I game with while I save up for a 'real' dedicated pc, and it uses crossfirex. For the past few days that I have been playing this game, it has been roughly 15-40fps even in 12v12, but with very jittery and problematic gameplay, lots of input lag, mouse lag, etc. That was with DX9 only. Funny enough, I read that this uses CryEngine 3 and was wondering why I couldn't choose DX10 or 11 in the game's menu? What gives there?

Anyway, so now that I can run it on DX11 I am getting 100% better performance. Seriously.

Thank you!

#38 The Black Sun

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostDeerSpotter, on 29 October 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

lol wrong post... im sure you meant this? http://mwomercs.com/...s-7-preferable/

Uhm, wtf. Yeah I did. That's what happens if there are just too many friggin' Tabs open which all look the same.
Well so, what now? I don't think a Mod would kindly move this Post, so I guess I'll... copy that to the according Thread...?

So Kids, remember:
Using slow Remote Connections to PCs with Browsers which have a Bazillion of kinda-the-same-looking Tabs open is generally a pretty bad Idea.

Anyways, still kinda valid, though. Just not on the right Topic here. So now, I fix'd it.
Thanks for pointing that out, I wouldn't have checked that again if you didn't.

Edited by The Black Sun, 30 October 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#39 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

can pgi pin this post please?

#40 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Dx11 public test tomorrow. Woohoo!