905 replies to this topic

#41 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

I like mine (Because it means the opposite of what people think it means), but should I choose again I might for The Mechnificent Unwashed? Not a terribly original adjective though.

I've seen the nananaBatman player, but as you can also sing the Hey Jude theme on the same number of na's, it is risky.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 14 October 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#42 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

I would like to add:

"theBadIRSinspector" and
"BrownRubberSafteyPants"

to the list. For being two folks I REALLY do not want to be killed by... I'd like to add another with 5000 in his pilot handle but I suspect Comstar would "taketh me away for a period of repentance" if I did.

#43 Brasty

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

Nothing beats "Stringburka". That's a fact.

#44 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Tonight I had a match with

Duke Bacon of House Bacon

I asked him if House Bacon is amiable with FRR, he said all are welcome to purchase the products of House Bacon. Which is good, because if they were picky with their alliances they would probably get conquered in a heartbeat with a product line like that.

I figure House Bacon must be one of those whack-a-doo periphery gov'ts. I may also move there if the citizens of said house get free "products" of the house.

I did not have time to ask him if it was a family name, but I figured if he was in a battlemech he must be pretty well to do and important in House Bacon society, Maybe a cousin to the throne? I hope to see him again to have these questions answered.

#45 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostEldagore, on 14 October 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Tonight I had a match with

Duke Bacon of House Bacon

I asked him if House Bacon is amiable with FRR, he said all are welcome to purchase the products of House Bacon. Which is good, because if they were picky with their alliances they would probably get conquered in a heartbeat with a product line like that.

I figure House Bacon must be one of those whack-a-doo periphery gov'ts. I may also move there if the citizens of said house get free "products" of the house.

I did not have time to ask him if it was a family name, but I figured if he was in a battlemech he must be pretty well to do and important in House Bacon society, Maybe a cousin to the throne? I hope to see him again to have these questions answered.

I"ve played with Duke Bacon house of Bacon since February (I"m not on his Friends list but I think our ELO almost the same)..

He is a decent player...

#46 Tarzilman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hobo with a laser

#47 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostMutaroc, on 05 October 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

- rageagainstthedyingofthelight: Ooppps please don't rage at me when they leg my little spider, at the end of the day the legs are the only part of my body that have working hitboxes :P

That's from Dylan Thomas's poem "Do Not Go Gently into That Good Night." My girlfriend has an enormous tattoo of that line across her shoulders. I'll be sure to tell her that the name is taken if she ever decides to play.

#48 Xanilos

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

i made this name up and its utter gibberish,yet when i decided one day to google it someone was playing D&D online games under this name,wierd

Edited by Xanilos, 16 October 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#49 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 08 October 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Please remember to avoid listing some of the more inappropriate names you have encountered.
All these names are already listed in the Inapproprianomicon ex Moderatis: a sacred tome to Community Managers and Game Masters alike. Bound in redactions and inked in coolant; This ancient Taurian text was never meant for the world of the Live Environment.

Niko, you're a funny guy but this.... This. Post. Wins.
Hail to the King, baby.

Edited by DEMAX51, 16 October 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#50 Xanilos

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

i know I WILL WIN(who i have seen lose on a number of occasions),brownrubbersafetypants (who yells SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! before each match),and rageagainstthedyingofthelight(ironically i am a huge fan of light mechs)
and one thing to note is that rage did make that name based on the poem and he decided to use it after all the names he wanted were taken

Edited by Xanilos, 20 December 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#51 Kanya Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Personal favorite:

MECHWARRlOR <<< the I is a lowercase L >>> brilliant.

#52 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

A quick look through my friends list helped me recall all these names:

DevilCrayon
Norm Peterson
RustyTrombone
MightyMaxyPad
BurnsWhenIPPC
StringyQuark
ShortBusScott
a newborn kitten
Cobra Bubbles

I think StringyQuark and DevilCrayon are tied for my favorites.

I've seen a lot of funny names over my time here, and I wish I could remember more.

#53 Dazc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostXanilos, on 16 October 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

i know I WILL WIN(who i have seen lose on a number of occasions),brownrubbersafetypants (who yells SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! before each match),and rageagainstthedyingofthelight(who is my father,ironically i am a huge fan of light mechs)
and one thing to note is that rage did make that name based on the poem and he decided to use it after all the names he wanted were taken

Drat, I came here to list BrownRubberSafetyPants but it seems his legend proceeds me. He joined our clan a while ago and I can attest to his shouts of SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
He's a top notch guy, we are working on a way to get all his mechs in Mountain Line pattern, brown bottoms, yellow top :D

#54 FearTheAmish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Davion guy in a CTF 4x named DaDakka

and His Father is an all time fav.

#55 Maduzzz

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Texas

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Bumped into a "Chicks Dig Dungeon Masters" a game or so ago.

#56 BrownRubberSafetyPants

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

My personal favourite and i've been lucky to drop with "Chicks Dig Dungeon Masters".

Another I think deserves an honourable mention is "AnAwkwardCuddle".

The name I chose many years ago and comes from an English TV show called Red Dwarf where whilst flying their spacecraft they noticed an object on a collision course with them and the the cat (one of the characters) said "i think its time to break out the brown rubber safety pants."

#57 Xarnacus

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

ive seen wide asleep and fus ro dah

#58 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 14 October 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

I like mine (Because it means the opposite of what people think it means), but should I choose again I might for The Mechnificent Unwashed? Not a terribly original adjective though.

I've seen the nananaBatman player, but as you can also sing the Hey Jude theme on the same number of na's, it is risky.

Umm....it means exactly what I thought it means, and would to any one familiar with the origin of the term. Even the unenlightened should be able to figure out the generic population meaning, so not sure what you are getting at??

Hmm....all the ones I can recall have already been mentioned. Will have to do some research tonight when I get off work!!

#59 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Played with YOURMYSALVAGE tonight. Gave me a chuckle, its trash talk-y but cheesey and humerous at the same time.

#60 Zplayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostBrownRubberSafetyPants, on 17 October 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

The name I chose many years ago and comes from an English TV show called Red Dwarf where whilst flying their spacecraft they noticed an object on a collision course with them and the the cat (one of the characters) said "i think its time to break out the brown rubber safety pants."

Twas Lister in series 6 episode 5 Rimmer world - Damn! did I just go Full Nerd or what. . . lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users