5 replies to this topic

#1 RogueGhost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Recently in a match i was sneaking up on an atlas that was a brawler build but had LRM's to fire, i was given away by my own AMS when it started firing at the missiles the atlas was shooting. To make a long story short, my own AMS got me killed, so i would like to suggest making AMS a toggle weapon, kind of like the missile bay doors can be toggled open and closed. That way a player could use the AMS later when he wanted to, or not use it to hide.

Anybody have thoughts on this matter?

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

The problem is how do you toggle it? MWO is in a bit of abkeybind arms race and that's problematic. We need a better way of toggling these things without a million keubinds.

But with that said, you're not wrong. I frequently use a lrm launcher to scout when I don't know where the enemy is.

#3 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 06 October 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

The problem is how do you toggle it? MWO is in a bit of abkeybind arms race and that's problematic. We need a better way of toggling these things without a million keubinds.

But with that said, you're not wrong. I frequently use a lrm launcher to scout when I don't know where the enemy is.

Easy. AMS is in the weapons grouping display in the lower right; just let us scroll to it and have a key selector to turn the selected equipment on or off.

#4 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postaniviron, on 06 October 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Easy. AMS is in the weapons grouping display in the lower right; just let us scroll to it and have a key selector to turn the selected equipment on or off.
That's a pretty good idea, actually - just using the weapon group selector button (RCTRL by default) to toggle it. Could use that to disable ECM as well. ECM can be bad when you're trying to sneak up on someone as the Low Signal indicator gives your presence away.

#5 Sabum

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

I'm surprised that this hasn't attracted PGI attention. And since now everybody must me packing one or two AMS to survive LRMaggadeon, it would be very usefeul.

Right now, I'm losing much much precious ammo when I'm hiding in cave and my ams starts to shoot at the ceiling, plus the fact that it sells away my position to enemy boats I'm trying to sneak.

#6 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

LRMaggadeon was way worse that what we have now.

That being said... YES PLEASE!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users