Official Developer Update

690 replies to this topic

#681 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

The best players generally aren't "Clanners" or "Inner Sphereers" or involved in the factions terribly much at all. They're simply well coordinated and good at all FPS games.

Clan tech is of course better, but it would be interesting if there were some drawbacks to using it (eg no bonuses for kill assists, missible spots, etc. The Clans are notoriously poor at fighting as a team.

#682 Warbeast

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 56 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hey the summerset strikers guys in the cartoon managed to beat the clans I'm sure we can too...

#683 Dirty Old Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

Although you may not be seeing Clanner Tech in the game for at least 15 months later, however you will have to content with them once the community warfare is launch as they will begin to roleplay the infiltrators who were sent very early into the Inner Spheres for deep recon missions.

YES ! They are already among us and they can be very good at the game as well as annoying the hell outta of you during and after the missions....

Good Luck and Have fun ! cos I know the clanners are having Tons of It !

#684 AlfalphaCat

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostKingdok, on 31 October 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

I've been hearing mumbles and grumbles about the 'Clanners', the 'rabid Clanners', and even the '#*&^$&@! grief-sucking dirty little ****** Clanners from $%^#" for a week now, since we heard the Open Beta was coming. What is that about? I understand that lots of people are still playing earlier versions of MW which include the Clan tech. But why all the rolled eyes and 'oh no, they are coming to wreck our game' predictions?

I did a little research on the Goon Swarm after getting my gyro handed to me by a Goon team last month (along with all the taunts, abuse, and general unpleasantness that came with it). I don't know where to begin on the dreaded Clanner crowd.

Am I missing some forum threads that already address this MWO cultural issue?

From what I have seen of PGI's implementation of most things Battletech, the Clans will ruin this game. Not because clanners are better, but because FASA made their tech so much better than anything the Inner Sphere has to offer. The only thing that kept those systems at all balanced were mostly RP based rules and protocols that the Clans lived by, for the most part.

Just wait till people can slap more and heavier hitting weapons of every type on their 'Mechs, and then tell me the Clan Invasion didn't ruin this game. Just look at the moronic buff they gave to LRMs because of whiners, it will be that times ten.

have fun out there kids...

Edited by AlfalphaCat, 02 November 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#685 Draco Harkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationIn the good part of Battletech, the tabletop.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostAlfalphaCat, on 02 November 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

From what I have seen of PGI's implementation of most things Battletech, the Clans will ruin this game. Not because clanners are better, but because FASA made their tech so much better than anything the Inner Sphere has to offer. The only thing that kept those systems at all balanced were mostly RP based rules and protocols that the Clans lived by, for the most part.

Just wait till people can slap more and heavier hitting weapons of every type on their 'Mechs, and then tell me the Clan Invasion didn't ruin this game. Just look at the moronic buff they gave to LRMs because of whiners, it will be that times ten.

have fun out there kids...

If it wasnt for the moronic revelation of yesterday's NGNG podcast that 3rd person view is going to be in, i would HIGHLY disagree that the clans would ruin it, just because Clan tech is highly costly to buy and maintain, that alone would balance it, but as of now, since this is turning into World of Robots, i say your thought process might just be right and they might turn this into P2W with the clans.

Edited by Draco Harkins, 02 November 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#686 Nasinil

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Just a thought... but what if the Clanmechs are coming and their equipment is usable on all chassis no matter if its IS or Clan?
I mean u wouldn´t have an Clan Mechbay and an IS Mechbay.

#687 Overdrive

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

I'm really feeling like I should be updating my computer for this. "Should be fine" seems like nowhere near the "Will make it awesome" feel that I'm going for lol.

Thanks again for pushing for a finished product guys and girls!!

#688 Zolthar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

A Trueborn can pilot an IS Mech and you don't even know it. But they are usually on the top of the score board :ph34r:

Once the Clans are here, you will know who they are :D

#689 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

If you can really run this game at something that does not look like pong, to my discust I would drink a Canadian beer. Sounds like the board of directors meeting coming up. Like our elections what they say makes as much sence as them. What does the word, full of it mean.

#690 Inappropriate618

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

am reply

#691 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

as far as optimization goes, you're headed in the right direction ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users