Suggestion For Use Of Funds (Boring Title, But Read Me Fellas)

2 replies to this topic

#1 Mantiis

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Okay, well I wasn't sure where to stick this, but I am not talking about in game funds.

Why not take some profits from MWO and put it into development of an independent movie in the Mechwarrior universe?

Lead the investment with their own seed money, even have a kickstarter to be in the credits as well.

Piggyback off the introduction of a new sci-fi robot franchise (Pacific Rim) while creating something new.

Focus just as much on story as on the battles. Think a WAR movie, a smart, complex action drama, but with mechs instead of infantry or modern technology.

So take Hunt for Red October, Black Hawk Down, The Thin Red Line, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypyse Now, Starship Troopers, and any other war movies, and put them in a meat grinder with Mechwarrior.

Act like the mechs are just no big deal, just part of the universe we live in, very matter of fact.

So what might you accomplish?

#1 make a great film
#2 garner interest in the Mechwarrior franchise and this game
#3 re-ignite interest in the books and lore

#4 And this is an important one. My father loves war movies, loves old movies, they are sort of a "Dad thing." I love them too of course, and now I am the age he was when he first started showing me them. Why can't we make a damn movie about giant robots that actually will stand the test of TIME instead of just being a silly summer blockbuster fun 3D ride? How about a mechwarrior movie that 30 years from now we will tell our grandkids that it is a CLASSIC and it would be on the top movie list about war. A scifi movie made for adults that teens can enjoy and grow into.

It's already apparent that there are a LOT of older players of Mechwarrior with income to spend on it. How about flipping Hollywood on their head and making something they would market to little kids and instead market it to educated men from 25-55?

I'd die happy I tell ya!

#2 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

No problem with the Boring title...its appropriate...MWO is a boring game.

#3 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

It's something that has strayed across my mind as well. But to use this games funds for it....i didn't think of that.

There is one thing that is wrong with using the money MWO is making. It's too little i'm afraid.
I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I love it but it probably can't be done as a blockbuster with such a budget.

I don't have the numbers in front of me but special effects, good actors and who knows what else will cost major cash.
Take a look at how much it cost to make Real Steel. 110 million dollars. I don't think MWO will make enough money to make a Mechwarrior movie.
Probably more than MWO will make during it's entire life.

I'm not saying this is a bad idea. Mechwarrior movie? It sounds.....hot like i just fired an ER PPC togheter with an LRM 20 rack and a brace of medium lasers all at once.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users