Which is a good thing.

#122 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostNubsternator, on 09 October 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

This is a big, BIG reason why I'm getting frustrated playing my Jenners and Cicada. I cannot stand up to AC shots. All it takes is one good AC20 shot to strip anyplace of my armor, and another to drop me.

Guess what? Jenners aren't supposed to be able to stand up to multiple AC20s. If you get hit with one, you had better run fast, because you are in over your head. You're a light mech, not a heavy or assault.

#123 Nryrony

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostLastPaladin, on 11 October 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Guess what? Jenners aren't supposed to be able to stand up to multiple AC20s. If you get hit with one, you had better run fast, because you are in over your head. You're a light mech, not a heavy or assault.

And non of the mechs where supposed to shift all of their armor to the front, yet they all do it and as a light you can't even prey on that weakness anymore.

Since we are talking about things lights and heavy's are supposed to do...
I want a death from above mechanic in-game - as well as a decent chance for head-shots (in 1 shot ofc) especially on Heavy's/Assault's. So basically at the same chance they have to hit me with their AC20.

Thanks

Edited by Nryrony, 11 October 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#124 Charons Little Helper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostNryrony, on 11 October 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

I want a death from above mechanic in-game - as well as a decent chance for head-shots (in 1 shot ofc) especially on Heavy's/Assault's. So basically at the same chance they have to hit me with their AC20 into CT.

Thanks

And I want a pony.

It's not super easy to hit a light CT with an AC 20 - when I do they should be feeling it in the morning. (And I pilot Jenners myself, and I don't mind them beating on me when they aim their shot well.)

Headshots being too easy would be game-breaking.

Edited by Charons Little Helper, 11 October 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#125 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostNryrony, on 11 October 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

And non of the mechs where supposed to shift all of their armor to the front, yet they all do it and as a light you can't even prey on that weakness anymore.

I want a death from above mechanic in-game - as well as a decent chance for head-shots (in 1 shot ofc) especially on Heavy's/Assault's. So basically at the same chance they have to hit me with their AC20.

Thanks

Mechs shift all their armor to the front? In what game? And even if some people do, that would be an advantage to a light mech, since you are maneuverable enough to get behind them and blow out their back torso easily.

DFA can't be added until they fix collisions, so you're SOL on that count, sorry. 1 shot headshots? If you have a Jenner with 4 m lasers and an SRM, you should already be able to manage those, since heads only have 18 armor points. Maybe it would take 2 shots, since the SRMs spread a little, but big deal.

#126 Nryrony

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostLastPaladin, on 11 October 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

Mechs shift all their armor to the front? In what game?

Are you seriously telling me that your Atlas has only 94 points of armor in the front? Or what ever mech you are using didn't swap a single point of stock armor into the front?

View PostLastPaladin, on 11 October 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

And even if some people do, that would be an advantage to a light mech, since you are maneuverable enough to get behind them and blow out their back torso easily.

The point is lights can't sneak up on the enemy these days and even if they manage to, they can't stay in the back. The Pilot skills made sure of that, not to mention the insane speed of articulated arms, even on an atlas. As well as 12 man's blobbing SS and so on.

Oh no worry's about that 18 points of head armor, as long as they increase the hit-box for heavys/assaults and make it easy enough to actually hit I'm fine, thanks. (6xmeds)

As long as your head is about as hard to hit as I am in a Jenner for your AC20 it would be fine by me.

View PostCharons Little Helper, on 11 October 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

And I want a pony.

You read my mind B)

It's not super easy to hit a light CT with an AC 20 - when I do they should be feeling it in the morning. (And I pilot Jenners myself, and I don't mind them beating on me when they aim their shot well.)

Oh no, really, guess how has an Atlas too, and alteast last week (last time i used AC20) I didn't had much trouble, killed 2 Jenners in the same match - moving Jenners, with that AC20, big deal...

Head-shots being too easy would be game-breaking.

Oh no, but the the coreing focus of the game does not? - or limited mech speeds...

Auto Cannons - that is like a Machine Cannon - a rapid fire gun, in MWO it hits with 100% accuracy the same spot up to 1800m (for UAC5) with no cof at all?...

Oh and I don't want it to be easy, just as "hard" as you claim Jenners are to hit with an AC20.

Don't forget that Pony!

Edited by Nryrony, 11 October 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#127 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostNryrony, on 11 October 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Are you seriously telling me that your Atlas has only 94 points of armor in the front? Or what ever mech you are using didn't swap a single point of stock armor into the front?

I usually keep 25% of the armor on the rear torsos, but I may vary it depending on the mech. You didn't say anything about just moving a few points of armor, you said people are shifting all their armor to the front, which obviously, people aren't doing.

The point is lights can't sneak up on the enemy these days and even if they manage to, they can't stay in the back. The Pilot skills made sure of that, not to mention the insane speed of articulated arms, even on an atlas. As well as 12 man's blobbing SS and so on.

I don't have many problems sneaking up on people, even with seismic. You just have to pick the right moment, like when they are distracted by someone else. As for blobbing, well that is a tactic designed to foil your sneaky light tactics. If you want a game where you can pick one tactic and have no way for other players to counter it, then this just isn't the game for you, I think.

Oh no worry's about that 18 points of head armor, as long as they increase the hit-box for heavys/assaults and make it easy enough to actually hit I'm fine, thanks. (6xmeds)

As long as your head is about as hard to hit as I am in a Jenner for your AC20 it would be fine by me.

Why should devs make it easier for a light to one-shot an assault? That is a feat that really should take a lot of practice and a good bit of luck. Also, I call nonsense on your claim that it is easy to core a Jenner with an AC20. A badly piloted jenner, yes, but a well-piloted one? No. And no, just because they are moving doesn't mean they are well-piloted.

#128 Nryrony

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostLastPaladin, on 11 October 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

That is a feat that really should take a lot of practice and a good bit of luck.

And this is what should apply for AC20 vs lights as well. To be more accurate, to one-shot any kind of mech should be extremely difficult.

A badly piloted jenner, yes, but a well-piloted one?

And why should a badly piloted Assault be much harder to kill?

you said people are shifting all their armor to the front

I think its the first thing i did on almost any mech, my Atlas has something around 110+. Funny thing, that's why trail mechs are actually harder to back-stab, especially an Atlas.

As for blobbing, well that is a tactic designed to foil your sneaky light tactics. If you want a game where you can pick one tactic and have no way for other players to counter it, then this just isn't the game for you, I think.

You realize that in 99% of the games people always blobb.

And with 12 mans you have a few more eyes and SS on the table to spot you. To actually find someone - sneak up without detection and having him out of support range from his budds became somewhat rare. Depending on the mech it can still be a challenge even if you mange that.

#129 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostGaan Cathal, on 10 October 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

I distinctly remember, although can't find a quote, a thread about this where one of the Devs stated/intimated that either the original removal of convergence-time (we did have it, after all) or the decision not to reintroduce it was because it was causing/suffering from some sort of netcode or processing issue.

I could entirely believe that. Doing it that way I suspect would require them to do an individual raycast for each weapon on a 'mech in real-time and bryan has already said that doing these racyasts is expensive in computing power. IMO... this is only because their minds are stuck in the FPS style weapons-damage resolving way of doing things. It could probably be done with a single raycast; but you'd have to treat the damage resolution system like an armored combat game instead of the usual FPS route(s).

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users