Ready On Start Up? Do We Need It?

20 replies to this topic

Poll: Ready on start up...Waste of time? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Ready on start up...Waste of time?

1. We don't need it ! (23 votes [74.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.19%

2. It has purpose . Please explain below (8 votes [25.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

From my experiance 8/10 games had no Afkers and i been playing this game for about 9 month .

I don't think people actually drop mechs just to farm because i myself would be afraid to get banned . If they did this is not even a solution because you could still do that .

Seems like more ways to delay the game and i already wait up to 20 minutes because of high win rate .

Besides you should be ready to play when you press Launch!

They could at least increase CB earnings by 10% to make up for it .

Edited by MadCat02, 12 October 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#2 Mr 144

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

riiiigth....you wait 20 minutes for a match....we need a poll on who believes that line of ****

#3 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostMr 144, on 12 October 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

riiiigth....you wait 20 minutes for a match....we need a poll on who believes that line of ****

I said up to 20 ! About 10 minutes most of the time .

I had +50 minutes and its not uncommon because i have 70% win rate on assaults . It also has to do with number of people playing .

Edited by MadCat02, 12 October 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#4 Mr 144

• 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

OK MadCat02...I'll humor you. having long wait times is precisely why some people (other than newbs) are not quick on the launch trigger. When I hit 'Lunch' :( I am ready to play...unfortunately the game is not. So...I get up and walk to the fridge, refresh my cocktail (can't play this monstrosity sober anymore), check back, drain the main vein, check again, roll a smoke, oh Hey! I can finally play!...so I click 'ready'. I'm not a douche...I almost always click it before the timer expires, but c'mon...with the wait times some have, do you really expect everyone to be insta-prompt?

Edited by Mr 144, 12 October 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#5 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostMr 144, on 12 October 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

OK MadCat02...I'll humor you. having long wait times is precisely why some people (other than newbs) are not quick on the launch trigger. When I hit 'Lunch' :( I am ready to play...unfortunately the game is not. So...I get up and walk to the fridge, refresh my cocktail (can't play this monstrosity sober anymore), check back, drain the main vein, check again, roll a smoke, oh Hey! I can finally play!...so I click 'ready'. I'm not a douche...I almost always click it before the timer expires, but c'mon...with the wait times some have, do you really expect everyone to be insta-prompt?

It hasn't been an issue before why is it issue now?

like i said 8/10 games people are ready to paly and those who don't usually have internet problems or bugs .

Why make everyone suffer because you not ready . Make cocktail before you press lunch.

Also PGU really needs to push better players after 2 minutes . Sometimes i fail to find a match 10 times in a row since the lastest matchmaker update .

Edited by MadCat02, 12 October 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#6 Mr 144

• 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostMadCat02, on 12 October 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

like i said 8/10 games people are ready to paly and those who don't usually have internet problems or bugs .

Why make everyone suffer because you not ready . Make cocktail before you press lunch.

Also PGU really needs to push better players after 2 minutes . Right now i have failed to find a match 10 times in a row early in the day .

You can't tell me what to do :) ...sending you a friend request btw...I do so to most I disagree with often...keeps me and them honest :(

#7 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostMr 144, on 12 October 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

You can't tell me what to do :) ...sending you a friend request btw...I do so to most I disagree with often...keeps me and them honest :(

Bottom line its less CB for all of us . Nobody wins in this situation .

#8 Clarice Creed

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

It could be used to organize lances and decide on a strategy. Not that anyone dropping PUGs does that, and its futile because nobody does, but it could be used that way. Maybe at some point people even start doing it because the minute there anyway. Would interesting.

#9 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostClarice Creed, on 12 October 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

It could be used to organize lances and decide on a strategy. Not that anyone dropping PUGs does that, and its futile because nobody does, but it could be used that way. Maybe at some point people even start doing it because the minute there anyway. Would interesting.

I wish this was true . Lances are not yet weight based and you obvious not gona stick around with lights inside atlas .

Honestly this game is yet to have a strong win motivator beside just having a 5 minutes brawl for whorever gets 50.000 more cb

I think that is why nobody cares to prepare for a 5-7 minute game .

Edited by MadCat02, 12 October 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#10 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostMadCat02, on 12 October 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Also PGU really needs to push better players after 2 minutes . Sometimes i fail to find a match 10 times in a row since the lastest matchmaker update .

I've found your problem. I believe you are playing the wrong game. Although it would be AWESOME, I'm afraid my version of MWO does not come with a Lunch button. Just one that says "Launch" and sends me into a game. Can we get this moved into the suggestion forum? MWO NEEDS A LUNCH BUTTON! (Tuna on Toast please).

#11 bloodnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Locationwarrington Cheshire UK

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

it just seems to get the blood pumping with the anger from some people. I know people who don't ready up on purpose just to see peoples rage.. it gives a little more time to sort things and say hi. but it seems to work and not wreck the game so it isn't doing any harm

Edited by bloodnor, 12 October 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#12 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostLauLiao, on 12 October 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

I've found your problem. I believe you are playing the wrong game. Although it would be AWESOME, I'm afraid my version of MWO does not come with a Lunch button. Just one that says "Launch" and sends me into a game. Can we get this moved into the suggestion forum? MWO NEEDS A LUNCH BUTTON! (Tuna on Toast please).

English is not my first language . Its obvious to most people . Do you have anything to contribute to this topic or are you beeind an *** ?

View Postbloodnor, on 12 October 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

it just seems to get the blood pumping with the anger from some people. I know people who don't ready up on purpose just to see peoples rage.. it gives a little more time to sort things and say hi. but it seems to work and not wreck the game so it isn't doing any harm

there was a short 10 seconds start up to begin with . HI! took me 1 second

#13 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

I wouln't mind it if you didn't still sit there for ages even when everyone is "ready". If it allowed instant entry to the game once everyone had clicked then yeah, it'd serve a purpose, but at the minute it doesn't really do much other than getting people to vent in the chat bars.

#14 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostMadCat02, on 12 October 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

English is not my first language . Its obvious to most people . Do you have anything to contribute to this topic or are you beeind an *** ?

Not NEARLY done since you apparently have no sense of humor.

#15 Mr 144

• 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostMadCat02, on 12 October 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

English is not my first language . Its obvious to most people .

Honestly, for all the disagreements I have with you...I hadn't noticed this tidbit of info....although
i never resort to grammer police anyhow, so I don't care...you convey yourself well enough...even if I find your points obnoxiously wrong.

#16 KAT Ayanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostMadCat02, on 12 October 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

From my experiance 8/10 games had no Afkers and i been playing this game for about 9 month .

I don't think people actually drop mechs just to farm because i myself would be afraid to get banned . If they did this is not even a solution because you could still do that .

Seems like more ways to delay the game and i already wait up to 20 minutes because of high win rate .

Besides you should be ready to play when you press Launch!

They could at least increase CB earnings by 10% to make up for it .

Funny. Everyone on these forums have a really high ELO.

Man.... you people are so pro...

Btw. I know that madcat is a good player. but still.....

Edited by KAT Ayanami, 12 October 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#17 Ismir Schnuppe

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

what is different if a player is afk and dont press the button ?
i mean nothing...its just nerving to wait.
the login time reset if another player come in, sometimes i need to wait 3-4 minutes before the match starts.
if i had a bad day and need 3 minutes to find a match, wait for 3 minutes before it starts...i waste 6 minutes waiting.

i think from the new ready button there are now more ppl who are afk.
maybe the button is for real that not so much matches should play and save the server resources.

#18 Nutlink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationMountain Man!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

I gripe about it a lot, but I still see it being useful down the road (especially if we ever get in-game VOIP). Right NOW it's pretty pointless, though.

#19 Spawl

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

I know it has a purpose in 12man, so that u can sort out the lances before the drop. This was done while moving out/getting in to position, by one person. But in pugs not so much, maybe if we could see the other mechs loadouts or something like, Longrange brawler or scout, some one in the group could set up lances. But as it is right now not even setting up the lances according to weight does any one any good, and sometimes one person will take command try to do good but only splits up the 4man groups.

#20 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

from rumor, the ready up button is for private matches and stuff. but since we're "official release" dropping this on us like it was beta was dumb

TEST SERVERS,
THEY WORK WONDERS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users