- - - - -

Before I Buy My First Mech

20 replies to this topic

#21 rdmgraziel

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

I personally prefer Mediums over Heavies, but if you want to snipe, the Jager is the best Heavy for it due to multiple ballistic options in arms which are situated high on the mech. A Cataphract can mount the same general weapons/firepower, but the ballistics fire at thigh/hip level instead of at shoulder/cockpit level. The result being you have to put more of yourself at risk to do the same thing. For PURE sniping, dual Guass is probably the best option. Dual AC10s would give you hybrid capabilitiy however since they don't utilize any mechanic other than "aim and click". A combo of the two COULD work, but you'd have to adjust to the two seperate ways of firing your weapons. Keep in mind however, that most heavy dual-ballistic builds generally rely on XL engines which drastically lower their survivability.

If you were willing to try out Mediums, the Blackjack is comparable to a Jager but with less build flexibility due to being 20 tons lighter. Specifically consider the BJ-1; as Jumpjets are invaluable. You could run 1 Gauss and several medium lasers, or 2 AC2s and go for suppressive fire with high damage potential over time. The other benefit to the Blackjack is that hardly anyone considers it a priority target, whereas everyone KNOWS about Jagers and how deadly they are if left to do their thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users