Miniguide - Misery Loves Ac20

4 replies to this topic

#1 SanshaGG

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

I wrote an mini guide on my new blog on the Misery build that I am currently using. It is fairly effective if anyone is interested in a consistent build.

It has proof of damage screenshots in the end and considering I have played the game for 1-2 weeks then those numbers are quite respectable (800-900++)

http://moreskillmore...ery-loves-ac20/

Edited by SanshaGG, 16 December 2013 - 01:44 AM.

#2 JigglyMoobs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

Nice damage!

Keep in mind though that for the first hundred games or so you are usually matched up against inexperienced opponents. I had a redunculous K/D and W/L ratio pugging in my HBK-4G during the first 50 games or so. Then the game becomes much more challenging.

I'm seeing a lot of people go with 2xPPC + AC/20 combo on the Misery. The high mounted arms are perfect for hill hugging and sniping. Then when you get close, they have the AC/20 to add to the mix. It's a very effective combo.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7f64195280991ad

PS - I would suggest moving ammo out of your side torso. 4 tons of AC/20 ammo is plenty per engagement if you conserve shots. Then you can put the AMS ammo in the cockpit and there is not much risk that an ammo explosion will do serious damage to your core.

If you must, put the ammo in your arms.

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 16 December 2013 - 01:41 AM.

#3 SanshaGG

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 16 December 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

Nice damage!

Keep in mind though that for the first hundred games or so you are usually matched up against inexperienced opponents. I had a redunculous K/D and W/L ratio pugging in my HBK-4G during the first 50 games or so. Then the game becomes much more challenging.

I'm seeing a lot of people go with 2xPPC + AC/20 combo on the Misery. The high mounted arms are perfect for hill hugging and sniping. Then when you get close, they have the AC/20 to add to the mix. It's a very effective combo.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7f64195280991ad

PS - I would suggest moving ammo out of your side torso. 4 tons of AC/20 ammo is plenty per engagement if you conserve shots. Then you can put the AMS ammo in the cockpit and there is not much risk that an ammo explosion will do serious damage to your core.

If you must, put the ammo in your arms.

Thanks.

Mhmh, I have about 200 under my belly atm, still in the small leagues I guess :D

Yea I was wondering how the ammo explosion mechanic works and how it triggers. Is it a random chance of explosion per hit?

The 2xPPC+20/AC variant is a little bit of a different playstyle for me, but it is interesting and it can definitely abuse the stalkers high mounts. I will test it out.

Edited by SanshaGG, 16 December 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#4 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

Misery.

My setup, very similar but with PPC's instead. Zombie Mlaser+ AC20 is more than enough for point blank range fighting, additional Medium lasers only hurts your main focus which is PPC+AC20 synced fire. You can drop the last torso heatsink for another ton of ammo if you find yourself wasting shots on occation.

I used to rely on the LLaser and Mlaser+Ac20 combo before but when I swapped to PPC's and minded my range more carefully I got way more kills/cbills because of the focused damage, not to mention PPC's are superior mid range weapons compared to large lasers.

#5 JigglyMoobs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostSanshaGG, on 16 December 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

Thanks.

Mhmh, I have about 200 under my belly atm, still in the small leagues I guess :)

Yea I was wondering how the ammo explosion mechanic works and how it triggers. Is it a random chance of explosion per hit?

If your armor is gone I think it's something like 25% to each component. If you only have the Ac/20 there then your AC/20 would get knocked out on a critical hit. However, with the the two AC/20 ammos, you're likely to get one of the ammo boxes, blown, which would then set off the second ammo. That would not only destroy your AC/20, it would blow off the adjacent arm, and possibly do enough damage to your core to outright kill you. I don't remember the exact amount of damage transferred but it's A LOT.

The 2xPPC+20/AC variant is a little bit of a different playstyle for me, but it is interesting and it can definitely abuse the stalkers high mounts. I will test it out.

People prefer the PPC because it's guaranteed to do all of its damage to a single component, and you can hide again the moment you press fire. You don't even have to wait to see it hit. It is not nearly as good for close range fighting but the game currently favors terrain hugging medium range fights for organized teams which you'll likely start to face soon as your ELO rises rapidly.

You really don't want to fight a premade 4 man lance on voice comms at close range on your own. Even if you manage to sneak up behind them, they will ALL turn around at the same time and all of them will shoot you at the same time.

Best thing to do is to stay ranged, and work with your team mates to pin them down and take them apart like a chess game.

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 16 December 2013 - 03:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users