Am I The Only Person Here Looking Forward To The Locust?

31 replies to this topic

#21 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

I always look forward to new mechs, but i'll probably hold off on the locust until the initial hype wears off, give me time to rack up some kills in a streaktaro :(

#22 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

There's just not enough armor on the thing. Commandos at least can carry enough back armor to take a LLas hit or two, and still have a fair bit up front.

#23 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'll be curious to see if they really go with a 190 engine cap. Moving at 170+ kph will make it hard to hit, even with streaks.

I suppose it'll also be a different game if you are pugging vs playing competitively. As someone that plays solo for my own entertainment, a Locust could be tons of fun. I'm also figuring that AMS will be a must on the Locust (I usually don't bother with it on lights or mediums) specifically because of the streaks.

Edited by Buckminster, 12 October 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#24 Rvannith

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

A point I think that is being overlooked with the Locust, is that relatively soon we're going to have weight limits imposed. It's important not to view the Locust merely in comparison to other battlemechs, but to look at the extremely low weight limit as one way of ensuring the rest of your lance is relatively heavy. By fielding such a light mech, it will allow other people dropping with you to choose significantly heavier chassis. Whilst the Locust is somewhat under-armoured and lacks much of a punch, by being so small and fast it should be able to contribute heavily to games once tonnage limits are introduced.

#25 Dagada Moor

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGainesville, Florida

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

Since they increased machine gun damage, these buggers might have a chance. I have no interest in them unless their profile is really small. They should let them go at least 160kph. Give them something a little more. Still agree with most posts above, they will be easy kills. Since they can't go faster their hit boxes will be harder to hit. They will not be as broke as my beloved spider but probably have same survival as commando.

For 12 mans, my team always wants the scouts to scout not produce damage. So they will be run in 12mans as 2lights with tags or other sensor equipment to give tactical advantage and give rest of team more weight for heavies and assaults. I will run one for that reason if my company wants me to. Outside of that u will never see me in one.

Please pilot them to bring them to bring my kill/death ratio up. :D

#26 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostAppogee, on 10 October 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Any respite from the Spiderstorm will be welcome.

dude, the locust can outrun a spider, plus they're slightly smaller. They are the new plague in groups.

#27 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Let's get stupid.

LCT-1V

#28 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 15 October 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Let's get stupid.

LCT-1V

since we are going down this road, might want to give it some speed and ammo.
ac2 locust

Edited by mark v92, 16 October 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#29 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostVanguard319, on 15 October 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

dude, the locust can outrun a spider, plus they're slightly smaller. They are the new plague in groups.

Correction: A Locust cannot outrun the max speed non-ecm variants of the Spider or Commando.
Current speedking is the Commando at 171.1 KPH.

#30 MungFuSensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Having played with the 3S for a couple of hours....y'know how annoying a light is to an atlas? That's how the locust is to other lights. Also, the low armor isn't as bad as you think it is. Of course a lucky ac20 shot will leg you, but man, that speed is phenomenal. To that guy worried about it crumbling to streaks, I have outrun them. They are as easy to dodge as lrms at top speed. On paper, the locust looks dumb, but if you are used to piloting lights, it is awesome.

#31 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

View PostShinVector, on 16 October 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Correction: A Locust cannot outrun the max speed non-ecm variants of the Spider or Commando.
Current speedking is the Commando at 171.1 KPH.

which is just dumb. The Spider and Locust were both 8/12 mechs, while the Commando was only a 6/9. It should never be the fastest.

#32 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

No mate, you are not the only one...

I am always looking for them on every match. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users