What Keybinding Would You Like To See Added?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

I've noticed there are a couple in-game actions that I'd love to bind to a key but for which that option doesn't exist (to my knowledge). I thought I'd start a thread in case anyone else had ideas they would like to share. These are all options I'd like to see added, not a change to how things currently work.

I would like to see the following added:

Zoom In & Zoom Out: I'd really like to be able to bind this to a scroll wheel. I'd also like to not rollover at the top and bottom settings. In other words, at max zoom increasing the zoom level would not take you to the minimum setting.

Toggle Arm Lock: In addition to holding down a key, I'd like to be able to toggle the arm lock feature on the fly.

Summary of suggestions by others (with comments where I have something to add):

Chat Macro Variables fo Lance Command: Hotkey chat macros that can include variables such as player and target location. The player can macro something like "Enemy %T spotted in %L" and the game will populate the variables.

Lance Command Hotkeys: Like the last item, but the ability is coded into the game without a player macro being required. This could happen outside the chat system as a separate UI element.

Rotate Torso: Yaw left and yaw right (Ed. - I couldn't believe this wasn't available.)

Weapons Group Auto-fire: Toggle a particular weapon group to continually fire. Useful for things like Tag which a player might want to leave on. (Ed. - With the heat mechanic I'm not sure is this is broadly useful outside of Tag. Perhaps an alternative would be to provide a keybinding for toggling Tag regardless of weapon group.)

Bind multiple weapons groups to one key: Instead of making each keybinding unique to a weapons group, allow the user to bind multiple groups to a key. (Ed. -This is an implementation of the "crosslink" idea suggested by Darth Buddha but using keybindings.)

Make scroll wheel functions a bindable key

Edited by Gauvan, 10 October 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#2 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

Lance Chat Commands... Simple chat text thats to long to type and unable to Macro...

Hot Key - Team Chat Text = " Enemy Located in ( Get Current Grid # ) "
Hot Key - Team Chat Text = " Backup Requested in ( Get Current Grid # ) "

#3 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostDarth Buddha, on 08 October 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Lance Chat Commands... Simple chat text thats to long to type and unable to Macro...

Hot Key - Team Chat Text = " Enemy Located in ( Get Current Grid # ) "
Hot Key - Team Chat Text = " Backup Requested in ( Get Current Grid # ) "

This would be awesome, especially if it gave a little bit of info along with it automatically (if you have a target lock):
Hot Key - Team Chat Text = "Enemy JM6-DD Located in (Gives Current Grid # of Target.)"

#4 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'd love one for rotate torso left/right without having to rely on the damn mouse. Would make arm shielding so much easier.

HINT HINT " < " - rotate left " > " rotate right

Edited by ManDaisy, 08 October 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#5 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

1) I want the ability to Toggle weapons groups on or off....

Example...

I set my TAG on WG 6.. I want to be able to toggle it on or off....

2) Cross Link... Let me cross link 2 weapon groups at once. Really only useful of you have 2 weapon groups you want to fire at once on chain fire...

Example. 6 laser weapons... Put into 2 groups of 3 both on chain fire. when you fire either group on cross link. Both will start to fire at the same time.

#6 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Don't touch my Scroll Wheel not without abitlity to bind the keys at my liking.

i would like to have some quick commands available -

for example - i see a target: get a lock with R - and i press for example CTRL-K - and the coordinates as well as its designation and type are send via chat - but better in the right corner or in the center above

if i have to mount a C3 Slave or command console i would do this anyhow.

#7 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

We need to push for more Key bindings..... I would think it would be easy for them todo... Little bit of work for more functions... Really just look at the old MW titles and copy most of those key bindings....

Edited by Darth Buddha, 10 October 2013 - 05:18 AM.

#8 Kiritumi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationIyanden

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

I also want scroll wheel though I would have weapon groups 4 and 5 on it. I have a basic mouse so my current set up its weapon groups 1-3 on the three clicks.

#9 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostDarth Buddha, on 10 October 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

2) Cross Link... Let me cross link 2 weapon groups at once. Really only useful of you have 2 weapon groups you want to fire at once on chain fire...

I reworked this slightly--let me know if it captures what you are proposing.

View PostKarl Streiger, on 10 October 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

i would like to have some quick commands available -

for example - i see a target: get a lock with R - and i press for example CTRL-K - and the coordinates as well as its designation and type are send via chat - but better in the right corner or in the center above

Thanks for the input. Mostly this seems to cover the same idea that Darth proposed with the addition of a dedicated space for notifications. Let me know if I missed something.

#10 Fuerchtegott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostGauvan, on 08 October 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

Toggle Arm Lock: In addition to holding down a key, I'd like to be able to toggle the arm lock feature on the fly.

Would just be great, if the button would do what it says. Just toggle the function.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users