16 replies to this topic

#1 Cyenthies

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOn some planet

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hi, I'm looking for an experienced, (and VERY patient), pilot to help me out, learn the ropes, that sorta thing.... :lol: Be gentle please....

#2 ChefJitsu

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hello!!! I am in the same position of sorts. I am afraid to make a commitment to a Merc Corps as I work a lot of odd hours. You can add me to your friends if you like and we can roll together whenever possible so we are not such lonely and vulnerable Pugs. GL HF and happy hunting! :lol:

#3 On1m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

If you guys have TeamSpeak 3 I would suggest getting on some of the TS servers and meeting some of the units there. Many of them offer training for new and experienced pilots. No Guts No Galaxy has an excelent TS server and you can find the link to it here http://nogutsnogalaxy.net/ just click on the join our teamspeak in the upper left. My unit also is willing to help train players and we are on the NGNG server and we are a pretty relaxed unit that is very flexible and keeps some odd hours as well.

There is also the public Comstar server. Just get TS3 and add 209.62.163.60 to your bookmarks. Lots of different house, mercenary and clan units on both servers.

Hope to see you there.

Edited by On1m, 10 October 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#4 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

The NA server is also a good one. Other Teamspeak server address is na1.mech-connect.net there is no password. It is one of the more popular and populated servers.

#5 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

You're just asking for the sharks to eat you. I honestly suggest reading up on the game and gameplay and solo dropping maybe 100 times or so before you let the clan/merc unit salesmen sling it to you :lol: Personal opinion only and based on the fact that you state you have previous Mechwarrior experience, which translates surprisingly well in certain areas.

Edited by BookWyrm, 10 October 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#6 Cyenthies

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOn some planet

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

View PostBookWyrm, on 10 October 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

You're just asking for the sharks to eat you. I honestly suggest reading up on the game and gameplay and solo dropping maybe 100 times or so before you let the clan/merc unit salesmen sling it to you :huh: Personal opinion only and based on the fact that you state you have previous Mechwarrior experience, which translates surprisingly well in certain areas.

Definitely hear you. Lots has translated, but I'm still building my system, so solo-dropping isn't a good spot for me yet. My system will be up & running by the end of next week, at which point I can definitely solo!

#7 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

Posted Image

#8 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Recruit much Lol.

#9 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

meh, some of the best training around is with the larger groups, most of us don't have a "requirement" to get info, and generally none of the big units are sharks, it just means there are more people to learn and drop with......and Mao...your whole tag is a recruiting poster LMAO!!!!!

#10 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

Aces Wild a Davion Based Merc unit would gladly have you come check us out.
Different play styles across multiple different companies make it a fun and cw prepared atmosphere.
www.the-aces.enjin.com

#11 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

NGNG or the House Davion TS (if it's still a thing?) might be your best bet to get looking at learning to play. Everyone's going to try and pitch their unit to you more likely than not, so be sure to take them all with a grain of salt and figure out what kind of experience you want first. I'm with Skye Storm in Aces Wild and I can say we'll be glad to drop with you and teach you, even if you choose in the end not to sign on with us. Always good to have a friendly face who knows the lore around!

#12 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Are you looking for a unit?
Join Clan Wolf, the true Children of Kerensky :)
Posted Image
Recruitment thread here, you will find all the info you need: http://mwomercs.com/...wclan-wolfinfo/

CyclonerM, MechWarrior of Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy, 328th Assault Cluster

#13 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Go away clanner, you have your own forum sections.

#14 Luciain

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostBrother Grim, on 17 October 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

NGNG or the House Davion TS (if it's still a thing?) might be your best bet to get looking at learning to play. Everyone's going to try and pitch their unit to you more likely than not, so be sure to take them all with a grain of salt and figure out what kind of experience you want first. I'm with Skye Storm in Aces Wild and I can say we'll be glad to drop with you and teach you, even if you choose in the end not to sign on with us. Always good to have a friendly face who knows the lore around!

Yeah Brother Grimm, the House Davion TS is still going strong as ever :)

#15 Ignatz22

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

View PostBookWyrm, on 10 October 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

You're just asking for the sharks to eat you. I honestly suggest reading up on the game and gameplay and solo dropping maybe 100 times or so before you let the clan/merc unit salesmen sling it to you :) Personal opinion only and based on the fact that you state you have previous Mechwarrior experience, which translates surprisingly well in certain areas.

Sir;

Check out the Head Hunters of Davion; BIG group, no-nonsense application, LOTS of good folks online 24-7. They HAVE a competitive team, but most guys just run in 4 mans. They're friendly and you won't sit around long before someone asks you to join in. Also, there a pilots of many different experience levels here so everyone has a place. While dropping, spectating and such is useful, I suggest allowing a small 4 man group to help you out, and a large group with lots of available 4 man drops offers a lot of opportunity.
You'll have to join enjin (other groups are on enjin, so even if HHoD isn't for you, there are plenty of other groups you can check out) but it's easy and no hassle. http://mwo.enjin.com/

Best of Luck, and Welcome to MWO!

-TechnoPeasant :blink:
The name says it all.

Edited by TechnoPeasant, 18 October 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#16 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

Posted Image

#17 N0V0CAIN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 126 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

Calling all MWO House Davion players!

A TeamSpeak 3 server is now available for our use. The server is offered free of use to all players, regiments, mercenary companies, and friends of House Davion. The server is a place for us to gather for MechWarrior Online.

If your group would like channels for your use please let me know either by email, private message on the MWO forum, or via the TS server.

Edit (09/10/12): Due to recent issues at the data center the server has migrated to a new data center. This has resulted in a new IP address for the TS3 server.

The address: 50.22.145.232:7345

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users