June 15th - Someone locked the server room!!!

189 replies to this topic

#121 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Posted Image

#122 Warcorer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationHollywood - Los Angeles, CA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

Well ill be back in 55 days nice seeing you guys :P

#123 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

Paul...C4 was invented for a reason. I recommend using it. Liberally.

#124 Zythen

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Going back to college on Monday so I am not sure if its a good or bad thing I didn't get one LOL

#125 redplauge

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

man i really wanted a beta key... oh well i guess ill have to p2w one

#126 Frollet

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSydney - Australia

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

im still half expecting this to be a troll that paul stole russ's password for

#127 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Wait if Russ shot Paul with the stun gun does that mean Russ gets the bounty on catching Paul....

#128 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Good luck to the latest batch of beta testers!

#129 COOL HANDS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee Wisconsin

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Would be nice to see another color than yellow for a change as always grats to those that got in. :P

#130 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostSquigles, on 15 June 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

No...there's not 2800 left, according to da boss. Check back during beta phase 2 I guess.

I've been tallying by what I've seen public and there should be 2300 left as we should have been at 6000 this morning before this post by my tally.

View PostBFett, on 13 June 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

5500 keys released to date, keep them coming Paul!

as were other tallies according to the post on the 13th, then on the 14th there were only 500 released.

View PostPaul Inouye, on 14 June 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

:P

500 keys released!

Not my fault! Server fell off the shelf!

Unless there are 2300 beta keys which were released which have not been made public.

#131 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

well, since a picture is worth a thousand words...

Posted Image

#132 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostSkyros, on 15 June 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

lol good man push it to the limit

#133 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 15 June 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

..... :)

*crawls through vent in the ladies washroom to the server room*

..................... :P

*cracks the vent and drops down into the room*

:P No alarm!

*kicks server*

terminal> 300 KEYS RELEASED

wait, why would you guys have a ladies washroom, Pauls the nearest thing to a lady working there!

#134 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Nice...now that you are locked in the room..kick it more and more :P

also congrats to people who got in

#135 BladedDragon

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Well I'm sure you got in by now, but I'd break the door down :(

#136 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostVulpesveritas, on 15 June 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Unless there are 2300 beta keys which were released which have not been made public.

Yeah, the numbers literally don't add up. So here are the keys that I saw go out.

1700 on June 15
500 on June 13
500 on June 12
500 on June 11
1500 on June 8
500 on June 4
500 on May 28
First 1500 on May 26

So if my math is correct and I didn't miss any of the posts the devs made (which is possible) we should have
(2)1500+(5)500+1700=7200

If someone can point me to the dates (with links) I missed I'll be content that they did in fact reach the 10k mark.

#137 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

what is this 10k mark? link to source or you're full of it.

Edited by Jess Hazen, 15 June 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#138 IRaigothI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

I didnt get in again...>.<

#139 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostJess Hazen, on 15 June 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

what is this 10k mark? link to source or you're full of it.

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 June 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Hey MechWarrior fans,

Through conversations internally (as well as by the suggestion of some of our great Beta testers) we felt we needed to give everyone an update on the state of the game, especially as we head towards the Founders Program. It is important that everyone understand what exactly they are buying and what they should expect. Now there will be a new press release and email that will go out on June 19th to launch the program, but for extra clarity I’ll go over some critical points here on the forums with you. Here is a roughly described timeline to help set your expectations:

MechWarrior Online is currently in Closed Beta and to be more specific, what we have dubbed internally as ‘Closed Beta 1.’ For Closed Beta 1 ----->we had a goal of sending out 10,000 beta keys in total, and we should achieve that in the next week or so.<----- Our next step will be to start selling the Founders Packages starting Tuesday June 19th - and for clarity this is a limited time offer, which also guarantees Closed Beta access on the Injection date. Our next step comes on July 10th where we are scheduled to move to our production hardware, and thus will have the capability of hosting many thousands of simultaneous players. Then we’ll be at the point where we move to Closed Beta 2. Once we have achieved Closed Beta 2 we continue to ramp up the beta testers to the point where we can handle the injection of the founders program. I should say that it is logical that this next round of beta testers will likely be drawn from those early purchasers of the founders program; it only makes sense since they have shown such dedication and are quite likely to be excellent beta testers.

Now the next date of course is the injection of the founders purchasers, and let me be the first to break the news, this date has shifted from July 17th to Aug 7th. There is a very simple explanation as to the new date - some of the key production hardware was delayed in arriving to the data center. We simply need to make sure we have a minimum amount of time to work with the production hardware and be confident that we can handle the loads of the Founders Program. Of course the next date to come along after that will be Open Beta. I cannot announce a date at this time but I can say we are still going to ship this summer as promised, so if you look at the Founders access date of Aug 7th and when summer ends, one can probably make an accurate enough guess as to our currently planned open beta date.

Okay, back to managing expectations of the content of the game once you get access, the same logic applies to both those that are and will be lucky enough to get a beta key and those gaining access to the game on Aug 7th through the founders program. Come Aug 7th when the customers of the Founders Program gain access to the game we are still going to be in Closed Beta - therefore not every feature we have discussed on the web site will be playable. Currently in the beta we have been introducing a patch every 2 weeks where more features are included and that process will likely continue up until Open Beta and beyond. The end result is that we expect to have each of the features we have announced and discussed on the web site in the game by the Open Beta date with one unfortunate exception. That exception is the Community Warfare pillar; it’s a big system and extremely important to us however we did not want to delay the game especially when it is something that can so logically be added onto the product post launch. That way we can get everyone playing this summer as planned having a great time working on their Mech and pilot trees, then the depth of Community Warfare will be added into the game. I don’t have an exact projected release of the Community Warfare feature set but we fully expect to have the core of the community experience in the game within 90 days of open beta.

A note of clarification on the BattleMech’s – We have a system for announcing the Mech’s to the community on the web site but one should not assume this means that all of those Mech’s are currently present in the beta or that they are all available come Open Beta. We essentially add them into the game one at a time in very near the same way they are announced on the web site. Our expectation is that there will be 10 unique model types along with all their variants making for a total of around 40 different chassis come Open Beta. From that point forward they will continue to be added at a very regular pace.

So as it pertains to the Founders Program, they aren’t meant represent the value you receive immediately upon gaining access to the game. The value of the Founders Package is that it is a lifetime reward and recognition opportunity. All of the hard currency you get in the product will be yours to spend over the entire lifetime of the product, the Founders tag which will be available on the forums immediately after purchasing your Founders Package will mark you uniquely for the entire lifetime of the product. The same can be said for the Founder’s ’Mech’s, they will be unique on the battlefield marking you as an original founder of MWO as well as providing a boost to C-bill earning for the lifetime of the product.

In the end this new frontier of online free to play titles really is a shift in thinking for all of us. So many of us are so trained to think about retail products that barely change after they are sold to us in the store and it’s hard to grasp the concept of a game like MWO. Yes we still have lots of work to do between here and Open Beta but our work won’t stop there, we will immediately work to put in the Community Warfare features and from there it will be a sprint to the invasion of the clans and so on. While I am at it here are a few other key pieces of information people need in order to make their purchase decisions.

Okay European players, here is the answer you have been looking for: Yes you can buy the Founders Package and you will never be blocked from continuing to play on the North American servers. Also if we are able to set up servers in your region you will be given a onetime opportunity to transfer to those regions servers taking everything you own with you.

And of course the elusive System requirements:

MechWarrior Online Minimum System Spec:

CPU:
Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
Athlon II X2 245e

GPU:
GeForce 8800GT
Radeon HD 5600/5700

RAM:
4 GB

Windows XP 32-bit SP3

DirectX:
DX9

HDD Space:
4 GB

MechWarrior Online Recommended System Spec:

CPU:
Core i3-2500
AMD Athlon II X4 650

GPU:
GeForce GTX 285
Radeon HD 5830

RAM:
8 GB

Windows 7 SP-1 64-Bit

DirectX:
DX9

HDD Space:
4 GB

A few notes on the system requirements for absolute clarity. Right now a duo core system is our minimum spec machine but it is also our main focus of concern. It is playable on those specifications and I have tested it myself but it is currently very much a minimum spec type of experience running on low detail settings. Currently it’s obvious that a Quad core system is the key as even the earliest Core 2 Quad systems run the game very well. However at this point in time we have only been able to spend a very minor amount of time working on optimizations and it is our goal since there are still so many out there to get the Core 2 Duo systems running much faster.

Okay, hopefully that gives you guys all the information you could possibly want to be the best beta tester, potential Founders Program customer or simply consumer of MechWarrior Online. Sorry if one or more items isn’t exactly as you would hope it to be, but were working hard and we truly feel that all signs thus far say that the core experience of MWO is everything we could have hoped for. Now we just need to keep adding layers of features. Thanks for reading and remember you guys are the best community in all of gaming, keep treating each other with respect and together we will bring MechWarrior back to glory.

Russ Bullock
President
Piranha Games Inc.

http://mwomercs.com/...veloper-update/

Edited by Vulpesveritas, 15 June 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#140 Bakarn

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

im still pending lol

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users