43 replies to this topic

#41 The Justicar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostThomas Dziegielewski, on 11 October 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

I just talked to the designer though. That's not what they wanted after all. I'll fix it up right now.

They want (Armor + Internal HP) < 20% critical warning goes off for kill shot components (head, center torso, right/left torso if XL equipped, 1 leg blown off)
I think because you were shot in the back and the back shares hitpoints with the front, there is a bug there.

Should be easy fix.

Should be in live 2-3 weeks.

Ty.

Time out. His back CT is below 20%. That's a killshot component. This is working as intended, is it not? It doesn't matter (or shouldn't) if its back or front!

Edited by The Justicar, 13 October 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#42 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostThe Justicar, on 13 October 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Time out. His back CT is below 20%. That's a killshot component. This is working as intended, is it not? It doesn't matter (or shouldn't) if its back or front!

His back armour, but not the armour + internals.

#43 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Had some odd armor behavior in a couple of matches today.

Several times I had critical damage alarms with no armor breached.
On two occations I was killed by insufficent damage to actually kill my mech.(a cataphract)

Event one: Fresh CT armor killshot from one volley of twin AC5 and twin large laser fire from a highlander C.This was the only mech to fire on me and my mech was destroyed in the first volley.

Event two,same mech match right after the first occance.Mech destroyed by a leg destroyed without an ammo explosion indication (ammo is present in the leg).51 armor on the leg .mech firing on me was 4x AC2 Jaeger my mech was destroyed in less than 4 seconds.

After that event I pulled one armor point from each location saved then restored the armor and saved.No further strangness after that.

Reminds me of a closed beta bug that was fixed months upon months ago but that bug behaved differently with similar results.

#44 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostThomas Dziegielewski, on 11 October 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

I just talked to the designer though. That's not what they wanted after all. I'll fix it up right now.

They want (Armor + Internal HP) < 20% critical warning goes off for kill shot components (head, center torso, right/left torso if XL equipped, 1 leg blown off)
I think because you were shot in the back and the back shares hitpoints with the front, there is a bug there.

Should be easy fix.

Should be in live 2-3 weeks.

Ty.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my thread and explaining the mechanics

Will be nice to see this in game

If there's anything that I would add it is that I'd like a keybind to supress the warning message because it really gets in the way

Edited by Captain Stiffy, 14 October 2013 - 10:37 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users