Voice Game System Badly Needed

3 replies to this topic

#1 Seraphic Law

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

I would like to suggest that MechWarrior: Online implement a voice game system using keys similar to the game Tribes. It is too hard to stop fighting and try and type something while under fire. Nobody talks in this game already and with this system, you would see a lot more communication.

http://tribes.wikia....ice_Game_System

For those that do not know what a VGS is, you press the "V" key and it opens a voice command menu.
Then as an example, press the "T" key which means Target and then the "A" for Acquired.

Edited by Seraphic Law, 08 September 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#2 Seraphic Law

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

Anyone have some thoughts?

#3 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

I like it. Isn't there going to be something like this implemented in the future? I vaguely remember reading something about it somewhere....

#4 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

I think you're talking about a system à la CS or TF2 with pre-defined, generic voice-commands/-responses, right? If so: I'm all for it.

People complain about "unfair" or "Über" TS-users, but what they fail to see is that the current comms-system (if you can call it that) puts anyone who uses it (and not TS) at a huge disadvantage. Hence the lack of communication.

Anecdotal evidence: Ran a 4-man with my squaddies the other night. Our scout spotted an enemy group, had to stop his Spider to call it out on team-chat and while he did that an enemy Spider had snuck up on his back, taken out his rear torso and killed him. None of which would have happened (probably) had he been able to either use voice-comms to talk to the team or to use the suggested system of predefined messages.

Voice-Comms would obviously be the more desirable choice, but having this second option couldn't hurt IMO.

S.

Edited by 1Sascha, 11 October 2013 - 02:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users