Crash

15 replies to this topic

#1 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

Cannot play this game any longer.

I've had 9 of my last 11 games crash without reason. Yesterday every game would 'lose network connection' about 2-3 minutes in and kick me back to the login screen.

An hour or so after this, i could log in but none of my mechs (or even trial mechs) were displayed and you couldnt launch a game.

Today, all my games have just crashed to desktop or frozen up after about 5 minutes of gameplay. Everything is up to date, drivers and all that, and yes the repair tool has been used (and if anything, seemed to make things work).

I mean, arguably, the game has been out for 12 months now, and it still isnt even slightly stable.

Shame, because it has such potential.

#2 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

it is sad buddy, are you sure it is all servers not ISP?

#3 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

Sorry if this sounds trite, but have you submitted a ticket to support? I had a crashing issue a while back that was surprisingly fixed after sending a ticket to support in a last ditch effort.

#4 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

I have crashes also bro somehow I can feel you :/

#5 King Picollo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

That seems extreme, hope you can get it sorted. I have the odd crash but nothing like that. Have you tried reducing some of the settings?

#6 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

I rarely if ever get crashes but I have sympathy for those who do, its frustrating beyond belief.
Before you give up completely though I would suggest a re-install or a ticket to get their take on the prob.

Hope you get it sorted,
Ciao.

#7 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

I used to be able to run 1920x1080 on Very High and get like 30-50 fps. Then something changed a few patches ago and the game crashes every time with the same settings. So I just turned the settings down to Low on the same resolution and it runs fine. Try something first before quitting the game outright...unless you don't really want to play the game anymore.

#8 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

Have you ran the repair tool?

#9 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

Although I have the odd server drop or freeze which requires a minimize to desktop-maximize to fix, I've never had anything like what you're experiencing OP. It sounds like it might not be on MWO's end.

Regardless of what's causing it though, best of luck in getting it sorted out! :D

#10 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

hmmm network connection loss isnt the game per say but might be your modem instead, I know once in awhile I have to restart my modem to work out the kinks.

#11 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

you're done, again?

#12 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

I suggest updating your video drivers, try tuning your settings in the game, check out your ISP connection (that sounds like an ISP issue), and opening a ticket with support. I've found their support generally helpful if it was an actual support issue.

#13 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

I had a similar problem recurring since the Terra Therma patch, that was recurring for a few weeks while I tracked down the problem.

What was happening was some times between 1 match or 15 matches, my computer would loose it's connection to the internet,(MWO, TeamSpeak, everything would disconnect) just on my computer, all other ones in the house were fine (so that eliminated my modem), but the problem would only be when I played MWO. Also, once every couple days of playing I'd get a BSD, But it' wasn't the same cause each time, so I couldn't pin it down.

I didn't fill out a support ticket on it, because it was so intermittent that It was hard to replicate and I couldn't say "When I do this, and this, this happens..", the only thing that was consistent would be that it only happened after launch between the searching screen and the map splash screen OR between the EoM screen and returning to the UI.

So, I took it step by step.
Ran the MWO repair tool... problem persists.
Updated Network drivers... problem persists (But I noticed that one of the BSDs was caused by DX)
Re-installed DX... problem persists, but is less frequent... between 5 and 20 matches.
Updated video drivers... problem persists (But I noticed that the BDS was caused by a caching problem)
Moved virtual memory to a faster drive.... BSDs end. I build my own computers and had put my VM on a large, slow HDD, moved it to one of my SDD drives instead.
Patch Day (Crimson)... Problem gets worse and goes back to crashing almost every match.
Hot Fix Day... while patching, I decide I don't really like the Overwolf Overlay in TS so I disable it.

Problem ends. I've been stable (fingers crossed) ever since. Was it the hot fix? Was it disabling Overwolf? Dunno.

Moral of the story, If the problem your experiencing isn't one that has a common complaint on the forums, maybe the problem isn't the game.

#14 GoManGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

No sadly it is the game I would normally crash to desktop or a frozen screen maybe once or twice a month since last patch its 4-10 times a night every time I play tried the same things as everyone has and I do not use coms programs. ;) :D P.S no other games I play crash as much they maybe crash 1 time out of 1000 games.

Edited by GoManGo, 13 October 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#15 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

It is not the game. Almost every mechwarrior in our unit has such trouble sometime. Everytime it is ISP provider fault (work on lines, crabhand admins, tornado & so on)

Edited by Behemothk, 13 October 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#16 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostDrasari, on 13 October 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

Have you ran the repair tool?

View PostBront, on 13 October 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

I suggest updating your video drivers, try tuning your settings in the game, check out your ISP connection (that sounds like an ISP issue), and opening a ticket with support. I've found their support generally helpful if it was an actual support issue.

The above plus what Roadbeer said.

In all seriousness, if you aren't a computer geek, then at some point your pc is going to have problems, especially if you are a gamer. If all you did was run the same programs and never updated/patched etc, then you might get by.

Otherwise you are going to wind up with multiple drivers out of date, possibly by two or three patches and eventually one of them isn't going to work with the latest patch of the game. Or something that Windows updates automatically is going to require something that your current driver can't provide.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users