1 reply to this topic

#1 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

I’ve been thinking about this off and on, but I figured I’d bring it to the table for some kind of discussion to hear what other people’s thoughts were.

When that ready screen comes and everyone can see which map they’re playing, they’ll get to pick which mech they play with. But that makes me wondering if some outbursts are going to happen: “Someone needs to change to a medium because I don’t have any.”, “But I want to play assault you change.” Or what if everyone picks the right kinds of mechs first, which leaves you to requiring to play a light or medium mech that you don’t have or don’t want to play, in order to make the tonnage limit?

I’m not quite sure, until we hear more we won’t know, but… it’s just something that’s been going through my head… There will likely be that person who will need to switch out a mech and play one he originally didn’t want to.

Anyhow, tonnage limits means the matches will be balanced, but is the tradeoff worth not being able to play the mech you want to play? What are your thoughts about how it’s going to work, and what are your concerns?

#2 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Well you basically described MW4 to me and I don't remember having any problems. Depends what that number is exactly but most servers I played on were liberal enough that while you couldn't run all assault mechs, I never had any trouble picking the mech I wanted. This being helped by Lights, Mediums, and Heavies all already being desirable choices anyway. If they use a static number you should have some idea of what choices you'll get that come with it.

Unless they use dynamic team tonnage limits which would be like what we have now with slightly more math involved. Which might not be a big problem for factions if they use LFG-like lobbies to build teams to attack/defend with. Which makes sense to me if you're trying to foster teamwork.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users