Light Support Mech Help

5 replies to this topic

#1 Diabase

Rookie

• The Raider
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

Hi, I would like to have some support with my support build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e3dea98b9c999d4

It should mainly be used as support/scout for long distance bombardement.
all critics and praises are welcome, but if you are going to spew out some **** about the build than atleast give me a reason to work with so i can improve upon it. thanx in advance.

#2 Wispsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

This build is not the most efficient with the way this game currently works.

You are better off not using flamers or narc and the bap is only really needed for ssrms. For this kind of build I would suggest a plc and a tag on an ECM spider 5d

Or if you are set with the Jenner k for missile support...I do not know maybe a tag and 2erlarge? With uav, seismic and coolant flush for modules.

If you are just using the Jenner in general and want close range then I would suggest the D with 2xssrms 1tag 3medlas and bap.

Edited by Wispsy, 09 October 2013 - 08:35 AM.

#3 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Flamers are not effective. Run too hot, don't do enough damage, don't heat up the enemy mech enough, and blind your mech.

NARC beacon falls off too easily (35 damage from any source) and I found didn't even fire reliably when I ran it in a trial mech.

You're better off replacing a flamer with a TAG and then mounting 2 LRM5 if you want long range support and scouting. Or swap to 2 SSRMs with ammo, TAG, and drop the other flamer. You won't pack a lot of punch, but you can harrass lights and target for other mechs.

Honestly, you're better off getting a raven and doing that, as the Jenner D is a much better harrassment mech.

Edited by Bront, 09 October 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#4 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Truth to tell I haven't done anything with my K yet, well except get all my Elite skills (yes, I did it with a stock K; I named it Suprise Me and it did).

That being said, I think that you should probably drop the flamers, pick up a TAG and another laser, drop the Narc and either take an SRM-4 (for self-defense) or even an LRM-5 so you can add a little to the Missile Storm you are heralding.

One of the things you should consider, while you want to help get the enemy, you also want to be able to defend yourself. The TAG will show where you are and something will come to try and get you to stop.

The TAG has a range of 750m, so if you do use LRMs anything you TAG outside of the 180m minimum range is LRM-able.

#5 Harkonis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

BAP is good on every mech. Each person with BAP cancels a person with ECM they are near. If more people brought BAP, ECM would be useless. It ALSO has the benefits of longer range for sensors and faster target info, but the anti-ECM is just huge.

I bring it on all my lights because if I just get near an enemy Spider with ECM, my whole team lights him up.

#6 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

As said above, you want to swap the Flamers out for another pair of Medium Lasers. NARC and BAP can be a major pain for the enemy team, so they both make sense on a support mech. However, you dropped too much armor, and you forgot to take AMS. Try 4xML+NARC+BAP+AMS. The 1 Jump Jet is enough for blowing smoke and fast turns. You have armor and AMS enough to be hard to kill. 4 cool-running MLs give you enough of a punch to not run scared from other lights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users