Uac5S Jamming At First Shot (Not Doubleshot). Working As Intended?

18 replies to this topic

#1 MalaBestia

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Last days I have got my UAC5s jammed at first shot a few times. It didnt arrived to doubleshot, just jammed at start. Is this working as intended?.

I noticed jamm rate seems far above 20% when doubleshooting but seems you can avoid it anymore even not doing it.

Not asking for buff or unnerf, just info.

Edited by MalaBestia, 14 October 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#2 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Well, at least it makes sense to me, because in real life, if you have non-reliable firearm which has a substantial chance to jam - it may jam on any shot, including after making 1st one. Looking at UAC/5 model in game, i assume those barrels are rotating after each shot - including after 1st one. It's even makes a bit more sense for it to jam before 2nd shot of each pair, because it has less time to re-arm itself after 1st shot of the pair than after 2nd.

About chances, though. It tends to fluctuate. Random is random. Sometimes - rarely, - you get 5+ jams on 1st shots. Other times, - also rarely, - you get 40+ shots without a single jam (no joke, i did this in testing grounds once counting shots). Most of the time it's something in-between those 2 extremes - i can tell it because i did over a 1000 shots outta UAC/5s in testing grounds, trying to figure out how and when they tend to jam; failed to see any pattern - it's totally random. %)

#3 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

They've always jammed on me on First shots. Which is why I NEVER use UAC's. But that's just my luck. They work good in "groups" I'm told but since I don't run Ballistic heavy mechs having my single ballistic jam means I'm not using an UAC.

#4 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

Yep, just as the guys above said... Random thing is Random!

#5 XANi

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

Some games like dota2 and lol have pseudo random distribution that means it is harder to get "streaks", both good and bad

#6 Javenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

OP's question is if it is normal for the weapon to jam at first shot, not at the second. This happens to me as well and I would like to know the answer to that.

My opinion is that it shouldn't since if you don't use double tap it should work as a normal AC/5, but a person from PGI would be more qualified to answer that.

#7 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

Well, i guess, UAC/5 is not meant to be the same mechanism as AC/5 _internally_. Where the latter would shoot and then reload next shell into the chamber, spending 1.5s to do so, - UAC/5 has to load its next shell ~3 times faster and roll 'em barrels, all in ~0.5 seconds or so, in order to get ready for the 2nd shot of the pair.

Wouldn't you think it'd have a chance to jam while preparing for the 2nd shot due to such massive acceleration of reloading process - and perhaps due to additional complexity of the rolling-barrels design?

Edited by FinsT, 15 October 2013 - 02:58 AM.

#8 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostFinsT, on 15 October 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

Well, at least it makes sense to me, because in real life, if you have non-reliable firearm which has a substantial chance to jam - it may jam on any shot, including after making 1st one. Looking at UAC/5 model in game, i assume those barrels are rotating after each shot - including after 1st one. It's even makes a bit more sense for it to jam before 2nd shot of each pair, because it has less time to re-arm itself after 1st shot of the pair than after 2nd.

About chances, though. It tends to fluctuate. Random is random. Sometimes - rarely, - you get 5+ jams on 1st shots. Other times, - also rarely, - you get 40+ shots without a single jam (no joke, i did this in testing grounds once counting shots). Most of the time it's something in-between those 2 extremes - i can tell it because i did over a 1000 shots outta UAC/5s in testing grounds, trying to figure out how and when they tend to jam; failed to see any pattern - it's totally random. %)

Ok, then they should Implement a Jamming chance for every ballistic weapon ;D

But Jamming after one shot is such a Bullcrap, they should change it that the Jamming ratio counts only after the second shot, and change the rest of UaC5 like it was an half jear before...

And another point Ballistics should only be able to set into Max of 2 weapon groups, cause of this macro shi...

Edited by Kharax, 15 October 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#9 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

View PostFinsT, on 15 October 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

first i want to say that "but in irl" arguments are stupid in a video game.

secondly, if you already have a round chambered and try to fire, a real gun will NEVER jam on the first shot. jams occur from either improper feeding because of the magazine, or improper extraction of the previous casing. bad primers and things can also occur, but those arent really jams.

thirdly, jamming on the first shot is ******, fix it plx.

#10 Elfman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Its not meant to but has for as long as I can rem - wish they would fix it

#11 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Those guys running macros never have this problem, You will notice this when you get hammered by UAC5 that never seem to jam and the fianl screen says you died by UAC5.

Of course thats not cheating. or thats what they will tell you. :ph34r:

#12 Dirkdaring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTwycross

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

Put 3x UAC5 on chain fire. Hold mouse button down. No jams.

#13 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostLegoPirate, on 15 October 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

secondly, if you already have a round chambered and try to fire, a real gun will NEVER jam on the first shot. jams occur from either improper feeding because of the magazine, or improper extraction of the previous casing. bad primers and things can also occur, but those arent really jams.

Never had a squib load? In fact, there's quite a few firearm malfunctions (a.k.a. jam) that can happen on the first shot.

As to the topic at hand, the UAC/5 really shouldn't jam on the first shot, since it's only when double-firing there is a jam chance - and the first shot can't be a double-fire shot by definition.

Edited by stjobe, 15 October 2013 - 04:20 AM.

#14 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

View PostLegoPirate, on 15 October 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

first i want to say that "but in irl" arguments are stupid in a video game.

thirdly, jamming on the first shot is ******, fix it plx.

first, yep, i know, it's sort of stupid in a sense. But in other sense it's not, cause if a game is _totally_ whicked with everything being NOT like it is in real life, - then i doubt such a game would have any sense. See, games are sort of "models", extremely oversimplified, of real processes. Much distorted, sometimes extremely distorted, - but still having things in common.

second, it probably was incorrect choice of words on my part? In my tests, UAC/5 was _always_ able to send at least _one_ round flying before jamming "again". And, again, i fired 1000+ shots testing UAC/5s. Not a single "two jams in a row without a single shot between them". Please forgive me; english is not my native.

third, again, to be clear, "jamming on the 1st shot" for me means "weapon shoots 1 projectile and becomes jammed". This is what i see in game; did much of testing ~week ago. Hopefully it wasn't broken since then. And for me, this is OK enough behaviour.

P.S. If real-life arguments are completely stupid, then - "welcome to the club", your 2nd is one! :ph34r: ;)

Edited by FinsT, 15 October 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#15 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Was playing a mhy K2 yesterday that has 2 in them, not once did I jam first shot. Maybe bad luck on your part?

#16 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Yeah, the entire fire mechanic is bad. Technically it doesn't jam on single-shots at all. In reality, for some technical reason or another, what feels like a rapid button tap is read by the server as being held long enough for a double-tap. The macros get around it by triggering only a single input at a high enough speed that the server "never" confuses it.

View Poststjobe, on 15 October 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

Never had a squib load? In fact, there's quite a few firearm malfunctions (a.k.a. jam) that can happen on the first shot.

As pointed out, every AC and MG should be susceptible to jams if that logic is applied.

#17 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 15 October 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

As pointed out, every AC and MG should be susceptible to jams if that logic is applied.

Nope. That was from the real world where guns jam at an alarming rate. It was in response to some know-it-all that claimed real guns don't ever jam on the first shot. Which they do.

In MWO, however, there's only one gun that jams, and it does so only when double-firing (which you by definition can't do on the first shot).

If it jams on the first shot (no shot fired), that is a bug that needs to be fixed. One shot fired and then jam is okay though, because that's just the RNG gods frowning at you and having the very first double-shot jam.

Edited by stjobe, 15 October 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#18 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Technically regular Autocannons can fire in bursts like UAC's do, according to "TT" Rules, but they also jam if doing so. So if PGI is going to put in arbitrary things like rolling dice, they may as well adding rolling dice to all weapons.

Also, yeah, I jam pretty much every time I try and "double-shot" PGI's UAC/5, which happens on the first or second try. I am that unlucky at rolling dice - which is why I don't gamble also.

Anyways, UAC's need to be redeveloped from the ground-up. Get rid of the TT Damage, Get Rid of Random Jams.

#19 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Well at least you guys dont jam before ever firing. Unless that's what you mean by jamming on the first shot...

Because I've had it happen twice in a row, went out of cover to fire a UAC/5 barrage, hit the button, gun went *Click* *WEAPON JAMMED*, and didn't get to fire even one shot.

This is a new bug as of the latest patch, and it's a really annoying one. I hope they fix it in next month's patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users