Deselction Of 2 Maps Of Our Choice

7 replies to this topic

#1 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

I understand, that why we cant choose our maps like in other shooters. What if we get the possibility to deselect 2 maps - one hot, one cold - out of the cycle?

I hate terra therma with a passion and getting it 5 out of 6 times in a row, starts annoying me.

#2 BabooTheBeast

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well considering that there are only 12 maps and 24 players/game that would be impossible. There would have to be some sort of system where if enough players deselect a map that map would not be played on.

It would instantly kill Tera Therma and River City night.

#3 NoXHeart

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

I never understood all the terra therma hate, I mean I don't like the place myself, but I don't dislike it either.

#4 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

From my understanding, there will be a lobby system with the new UI where the players will vote on a map before the game begins.

#5 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

maps, we need more of them

#6 RandomLurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

If this happened, then Terra Therma would basically never be run by anyone, ever again.

Wouldn't that be such a terrible thing?

#7 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

IF, and I do mean if, they were going to implement any kind of map selection I'd rather see a CoD type mechanic. You ready and and whiel you're waiting for the drop you have a selection of maps that everyone can vote one. The one with the most votes wins and that's where you play. A map can't be chosen twice in a row and one of the options is random.

#8 Mindnut

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

In a way this is a great idea but once we have more maps to choose from. Also, once we get more game types choice should apply to modes as well. Personally I like "Terra Therma" and I know I'm not the only one who likes it, but players who hate it shouldn't be forced to play on it.

One more option I'd love to have is a choice of camo / paintjob assigned to each map so I could have a white snow camo on "Alpine Peaks" and a gray urban in "River City". Seems logic if you ask me - otherwise the whole point of having camo makes no sense to me.

Edited by Mindnut, 16 October 2013 - 01:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users