Orion Hitboxes

18 replies to this topic

#1 Jenovah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

PGI.... Go play a match in any Orion... Torso twist your butt off, and still take nearly all CT hits. Get cored.... Fix the Orion please. Otherwise, you should refund MC for the orion hero and any other broken mechs you've put out.

#2 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostJenovah, on 13 October 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

PGI.... Go play a match in any Orion... Torso twist your butt off, and still take nearly all CT hits. Get cored.... Fix the Orion please. Otherwise, you should refund MC for the orion hero and any other broken mechs you've put out.

Jenovah, go play any Catapult or Dragon, then stop complaining.

Edited by William Knight, 13 October 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#3 Jenovah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostWilliam Knight, on 13 October 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Jenovah, go play any Catapult or Dragon, then stop complaining.

Don't come onto another thread and complain, then tell someone else not to complain.

#4 Silverfang22

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 60 posts
  • LocationColorado, US

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

I'm utterly confused at why people think the Orion CT Hitbox is too big, I torso twist all the time and I constantly lose my side torsos, I also do not find it that difficult to specifically aim for Orion side torsos (mostly the trouble was when I first encountered a protector).

I can't say for certain, but in my experience the Orion hitboxes are fine, it just has a very large CT in general.

#5 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostJenovah, on 13 October 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Don't come onto another thread and complain, then tell someone else not to complain.

I'm not complaining, I like the Orion, It's a good mech.
I'm just pointing out that if you think the Orion has a big center then you should play a Catapult or Dragon*.

*Both of which, while very good mechs. have massive center torsos.

#6 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

As a pilot who loves stomping around in an Awesome with NOTORIOUSLY horrible hitboxes (and I STILL use an XL engine lol), I have to say that you should probably learn to try to deal with it.

I love doing 86kph in an Awesome though.... :ph34r:

#7 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 14 October 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

As a pilot who loves stomping around in an Awesome with NOTORIOUSLY horrible hitboxes (and I STILL use an XL engine lol), I have to say that you should probably learn to try to deal with it.

I love doing 86kph in an Awesome though.... :P

Respect, you're a mad b*stard but you have my respect.

#8 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

If you're "torso twisting your butt off" and still taking all the CT hits, your doing it wrong. It's not the hitboxes, its you. And if you hadn't noticed, the atlas, a premier brawling mech in competitive matches, has a MASSIVE CT. It's no problem there. The Orion is no problem either.

#9 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Orions, Dragons and Awesomes (and Highlanders to some extent - not as noticeable because they have JJ to rotate and gain height) need some love to their CTs.

The ground-based mechs really suffer because they take longer to turn and twist away and don't have the advantage of JJs.

They need a reduction in the size and profile of the CTs and turning bonuses.

Edited by MavRCK, 14 October 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#10 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Unless you stop paying for the Protectors like the Golden Boy, hitboxes won't get fixed.

#11 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

The onions ct can be hit from the side because it protrudes. Don't have the gall to tell someone they're 'doing it wrong' when you're ignorant of the relevant factors that affect the situation, it makes you look bad.

I agree there should be some ST overlap to make twisting more viable .

#12 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

You use your arms as shields. Taking hits from the side? Torso twist over and let your arms take that damage instead, that's a fundamental pillar of brawling. Dont have the gall to tell someone not to have the gall to tell someone their doing it wrong when you dont know that i know what im doing.

#13 Sharp Spikes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSochi, Russia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

@pbiggz
So, you advice to use Orion's arms to shield something from anything... And you say that Atlas has huge CT... You are either trolling or clueless.

#14 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 14 October 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

You use your arms as shields. Taking hits from the side? Torso twist over and let your arms take that damage instead, that's a fundamental pillar of brawling. Dont have the gall to tell someone not to have the gall to tell someone their doing it wrong when you dont know that i know what im doing.

The arms and shoulders are too small to protect the CT. :P

#15 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostWilliam Knight, on 14 October 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Respect, you're a mad b*stard but you have my respect.

I am definitely insane for favoring Awesomes, but I can't help but throw love to the linebacker of the Inner Spheres. Plus loading up 2xLPLs and 4xMPLS and cruising with an XL I'm able to chew lights and mediums up like nobody's business haha.

I haven't tried an Orion yet though so I can't comment on the hitboxes for them. I do like fighting against them though! :ph34r:

#16 ChallengerCC

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

I can total confirm this problem, several other mechs have this problems also. Cicada for example!!!

Spide is the other extreme you cant hit a s.h.i.t on the center torso on this mech. There exists videos that show that this mech dont even get damage there.

http://mwomercs.com/...00#entry2839448

Edited by ChallengerCC, 15 October 2013 - 04:50 AM.

#17 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 14 October 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

OK, here we go, I took the time to instead, and put words into pictures. Here, I even drew in nice colours to make it simple.

Posted Image

As you can see from the image, a 90 degree side twist shows an extended CT section sticking well forward of the Side torso's. Aside from the dragon, there is no other chassis with such a prominent CT extension. The arms, as you can see, cover the 'spine', and the waistline. The amount of overall exposure of the CT from the side is considerable, especially when you factor in players that can aim.

I did you a favour and inserted an image of an over extension torso twist, at more of a 110-20 degree angle, just to save you the time on some kind of follow up counter. As you can see from the image, the front CT available is less in this shot, being the side of the lower back, waistline, and side of the '***', as well as the side of the odd hunch protrusion at the top of the mech. This is of course, coupled with a large portion of rear CT being available, and considering that point is usually worth shooting due to it's typical low armour values, it's reasonably large amount of exposure should make this option more than possible.

Also, I'm English, so don't bother coming after my spelling, because you're wrong.

In summary, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

Edited by sj mausgmr, 15 October 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#18 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

What I dont understand is the orion is one of the first mechs in a long time that's worth a damn in brawling. It's CT issues are no more exxagerated then the Atlas's CT, which is the size of a barn by the way. I have not had the same issues you have been having.

#19 Firenze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 15 October 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

What I dont understand is the orion is one of the first mechs in a long time that's worth a damn in brawling. It's CT issues are no more exxagerated then the Atlas's CT, which is the size of a barn by the way. I have not had the same issues you have been having.

I can agree with Pbiggz here. Ive come up against tons of Orions that have done a great job of tanking the damage by torso twisting. The thing is, most mechs have some side/centre torso exposed when twisting. You cant help it. Yet presenting that arm and side torso to become a larger target than the CT is the best option. Hell, even in my Victor and Phract I get CT hits sometimes when torso twisting. Its not foolproof, nothing is. But it HELPS.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users