- - - - -

Are There Mc Redeem Codes?

51 replies to this topic

#21 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostRobotjoxKwonDo, on 19 January 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

The new clan packs $500.....insane!

I send you to this page for the real insanity. $500 is nothing compared to those.

View PostRobotjoxKwonDo, on 19 January 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

I mean $30 mechs?

World of Tanks (on oft-used comparison to MW:O) has $60 tanks.

"Realistic pricing" is subjective. What I think is worth it, and what someone else thinks is worth it, are two very different things. If I had $500, I'd buy a gold 'Mech. Others, even if they had $500 lying around waiting to be spent, wouldn't buy one.

#22 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

I've always wondered why we can't useMC to buy mech packages like Phoenix or Clan packages. I used real money to buy MC with but I can't use that MC tTo buy big packages.

Maybe UI2 will allow that.

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 19 January 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

If I had $500, I'd buy a gold 'Mech. Others, even if they had $500 lying around waiting to be spent, wouldn't buy one.

When it comes to the golden mech I ask myself "what does the extra $260 bring me that $240 package doesn't?"

And that's why I can't buy one. The gold mech doesn't bring enough to the battle for me to justify its cost. 240 for the biggest clan pack? $10 a mech. Buy a gold mech and it averages out to $20 a mech.

That doubles the average price per mech but I don't double my what I bring to the field.

So that's my thinking on the gold mech. But there is a catch. One can not put a price on vanity or being "That guy".

Edited by Hexenhammer, 19 January 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#23 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 19 January 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

When it comes to the golden mech I ask myself "what does the extra $260 bring me that $240 package doesn't?"

And that's why I can't buy one. The gold mech doesn't bring enough to the battle for me to justify its cost. 240 for the biggest clan pack? $10 a mech. Buy a gold mech and it averages out to $20 a mech.

That doubles the average price per mech but I don't double my what I bring to the field.

So that's my thinking on the gold mech. But there is a catch. One can not put a price on vanity or being "That guy".

Yeah. For me, it's not all about what I get out of the package. It's "what can I do to extend the life of this game?" I might not actually pilot the gold 'Mech very often, or at all.

If they offered a way to donate to the game without getting anything in return, I'd do that.

#24 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

[color=#959595]I can pay through paypal no problems its just that if there were redeemable MC codes , i'm sure i could have bought them cheaper than the actual MC price which is a bit exaggerated considering you can only buy certain amounts at once. [/color]

I would half to say that this is wholly incorrect. Unfortunately this is not a system where the main company will advertise sales because the actual resale prices are higher than the costs, and then each store could offer it's own sale.

Being a purely fictional currency the entirety of it's value is based on what the MC sells for here. The have no in store presence anywhere that they sell MC to at a reduced price. To sell a discount, of any kind, on a third party site would immediately devalue the cost of MC here for the game.

The moment they did that would be a huge mistake as it would undermine the value of every users purchase. And that is why we will never see a sale on MC except the once yearly for large dollar amounts and the corresponding packages.

Tbh, in my opinion, the second we see sales of MC on third party sites means that they have a.) sold out to someone who is going to milk the product until gone, or B.) decided that is the way out themselves.

For everything that is said bad about this game on these forums one thing i am certain of is pgi's level of dedication. Whether or not that direction is the one you are thinking of, I do give them props for that.

#25 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

I send you to this page for the real insanity. $500 is nothing compared to those.

:P

*Picks jaw up from the floor.* I don't know what's crazier - a $15,000 package, or that someone actually bought it.

World of Tanks (on oft-used comparison to MW:O) has $60 tanks.

"Realistic pricing" is subjective. What I think is worth it, and what someone else thinks is worth it, are two very different things. If I had $500, I'd buy a gold 'Mech. Others, even if they had $500 lying around waiting to be spent, wouldn't buy one.

One thing I will say about the price of WoT tanks, is that they give you a legitimate advantage. Aside from a generally better tank, you also get preferential tier matching. MW:O heroes aren't really any better than their C-bill variants.

Granted, I think this is a pro for MW:O, it's a lot harder to have the "wallet warriors" of WoT.

Edited by Buckminster, 19 January 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#26 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

TL:DR

If you want cheaper MC, wait for sales, not many MC sales though. If you're buying MC for Hero mechs, wait for hero mech sales.

#27 Wrathful-Khan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 20 January 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

TL:DR

If you want cheaper MC, wait for sales, not many MC sales though. If you're buying MC for Hero mechs, wait for hero mech sales.

True that - I buy MC when it's on sale, and then spend it on things that are also on sale thereby double saving. TBH outside of hero mechs and paint jobs theres not really anything to buy anyway (except premium time).

#28 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostBuckminster, on 19 January 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

:rolleyes:

*Picks jaw up from the floor.* I don't know what's crazier - $15,000 package, or that someone actually bought it.

One thing I will say about the price of WoT tanks, is that they give you a legitimate advantage. Aside from a generally better tank, you also get preferential tier matching. MW:O heroes aren't really any better than their C-bill variants.

Granted, I think this is a pro for MW:O, it's a lot harder to have the "wallet warriors" of WoT.

If I dropped 15k on star citizen I know exactly what I'd want. First would be a cat scan the second would be a whole lot of ship.

#29 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

I loved the Black Friday deal they had when the Holidays was going. Too bad I didn't have the cash to spare. However, I agree, there's a need to revamp the system in some way.

#30 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 20 January 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

If I dropped 15k on star citizen I know exactly what I'd want. First would be a cat scan the second would be a whole lot of ship.

That made me laugh. :rolleyes:

#31 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

The hidden rule is: Charge what the market will bear.
Obviously this is felt by the people in charge. Prices are probably in fact due to the preponderance of whales still willing to pay.
Yes, it is obvious that F2P is far more expensive than a monthly fee. That is in fact the very idea behind micro transactions. In the end people will pay more.

In PGI's case a LOT more.

But not 150K my currency, I will give them that.

Edited by Hammerhai, 20 January 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#32 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostHammerhai, on 20 January 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

But not 150K my currency, I will give them that.

$150,000...

If I had 150k to drop on a game I'd have to have stupid bank in the bank and I wouldn't own a 15k ship, I'd be owning my own dam galaxy.

#33 Arahantius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

MC is actually very cheap and I would have no issue buying except that you have to use your credit card. Unfortunately, using your credit card online is too risky so I'll wait until they have redeemable cards in my local store.

As a side note, does anyone else get the 'risky site' warning when they go to the mechwarrior payment page?

#34 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

You don't need a credit card, you can use Paypal, or an Ultimate Game Card.

#35 Arahantius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostBuckminster, on 20 January 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

You don't need a credit card, you can use Paypal, or an Ultimate Game Card.

Hey, thanks. I always saw these cards (ultimate game card) in the supermarket but never looked at them.

#36 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

No problem. I've never used them before, so I don't really know how they work, but it's there as an option. :lol:

Edit: Of course it looks like they come in $20 denominations, which is annoyingly incompatible with MW:Os MC packages. :lol:

Edited by Buckminster, 20 January 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#37 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

They come in 20 dollar and up combinations. Now under the FAQs is a step by step on how to use 'em but it's pretty simple.

Take your card, redeem it at http://ultimategamecard.playspan.com/ under the same name/account you normally buy MWO stuff with. When you go to make your purchase for MC on MWO, it'll come up and tell you that you have playspan / ultimate game card points to apply. (100 points = 1.00 US).

You can use it to either discount your purchases or completely buy your purchase of MC for you -- since, you know, you bought the UGCs.

#38 Wrathful-Khan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

You can also get pre-paid debit cards at the supermarket

#39 Shadow TimberWolf

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

Don't pass judgement on something you do not understand......

#40 Ishanaut

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:18 AM

Heck, I think its unfair personally. let me put this simply "I can has no credit card". some stores sell like 1600 DSi points for £15 that's actually decent. Y there no MC cardz?! or iz that ultimo game whatsit...

Edited by Ishanaut, 01 March 2014 - 02:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users