Private Match Making Options/ideas

No replies to this topic

#1 Lorokin

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationOutreach (Eastern US)

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Devs / Fellow Players,

In the upcoming weeks (months) we're supposed to see "Private Match Making" and that really brings life back to me for this game. However, I'd like to throw in some ideas for these "Private Matches" in terms of game control and settings within the menus and the game itself.

Match Making Options/Ideas
  • Time Limit: Ability to shorten, lengthen or remove the time limit from a match.
    • This would allow us to actually test new content without putting other people out.
    • This would allow us to do our own Ladder Leagues, Competitions, Trials (Clans), Duels (IS/Mercs/Clans), Arenas (IS/Mercs), etc.
  • Flexible Player Count: No restrictions on Max or Minimum players required to start a game.
    • This allows for Scenario game play (our own not just the ones provided by PGI in Community Warfare) this would add a very interesting dynamic.
    • This allows for the aforementioned Trials and Ladders, etc without having to get together 24 people just to launch the game.
  • Game Restrictions/Allowances: A-la-Mechwarrior 3 online play, we had the ability to change many of the in game limitations. Unlimited Ammo, Planet Tempratures/No Heat Option [this was done more with map hacks I know, but it would be nice to have this as an option instead of having to edit game files and put them in ourselves].
    • Now I know for the "traditional lore enthusiast" they're not going to like this option. But anyone that remembers playing Mechwarrior 3 in the Online setting should be able to recall the Unlimited Ammo/Ulta AC/Cold Maps (C5/UA/ICE). These matches were a blast not for their authenticity but due their fast paced action and replay value and just sheer fun and adrenaline pumping action they provided when you were bored of the same thing over and over again.
    • This would add quite a bit of replay value to the game.
  • Free Mech Modification [For Owned Mechs]: Allow for players to edit and use mechs customized to their liking for Private Matches.
    • No C-Bill requirements, it's completely open. Allowing us to use and test mechs before we actually put down C-Bills on them.
    • This of course could only be viable if the choice to allow for no C-Bill and XP gain was done, otherwise this is like running a free Customizable Trial mech.
    • Also, configs would need to be seperated from the non-Private Match servers to make sure mechs aren't getting "free" equipment from Private Matches.
  • Weight Limits: Allow us to set our own weight limits for the Teams.
    • Different Weight Limitation Breakdown options.
      • Company Weight Limit
      • Lance Weight Limit
      • Mech Weight Limit
    • These different categories/options would allow more control, allowing us to limit weight to the whole company, allowing a maximum weight that the Company as a whole would have to meet or be under, making mech selection important.
    • Lance Weight would limit the lances, further requiring individual lances to play better as a team.
    • Mech weight limits, to make everyone in the match only play within a certain weight class, Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault.
For now that's pretty much everything I can think of at the moment, if I think of any more I'll be sure to add them to this post. If there is anything I've missed feel free to post them and I'll add them.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Lorokin, 13 October 2013 - 02:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users