5 replies to this topic

#1 Chihuahua

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

hardly missing: a mech config-saver. 3 setups per owned mech should be fine.

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Apparently they're working on a way to import your mechs from creating a config. Hopefully when you can import your builds the websites will atleast let you save them as well under an account or something...

However, I'm really hoping they include a closet like what you're meaning in UI2.0. That'd be so nice. Just pick a loadout, apply, it strips the mech and applies your new build. Would be sweet so you wouldn't have to remember all your different favorite builds for a single mech. Or if you own two of the same mech, is easy to config those same mechs for dropship or w/e.

#3 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 13 October 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Apparently they're working on a way to import your mechs from creating a config. Hopefully when you can import your builds the websites will atleast let you save them as well under an account or something...

However, I'm really hoping they include a closet like what you're meaning in UI2.0. That'd be so nice. Just pick a loadout, apply, it strips the mech and applies your new build. Would be sweet so you wouldn't have to remember all your different favorite builds for a single mech. Or if you own two of the same mech, is easy to config those same mechs for dropship or w/e.

And with any hope the system will quickly list any missing or occupied components. Unfortunately I think they are wanting people to buy and build multiple chassis into different load-outs sitting at the ready in hangers.

#4 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostXphR, on 13 October 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

And with any hope the system will quickly list any missing or occupied components. Unfortunately I think they are wanting people to buy and build multiple chassis into different load-outs sitting at the ready in hangers.

I hope they find a better way to make people want or need multiples of the same mech for different load outs other than simply not including support for a quality of life feature that people will still appreciate even if they are required to have multiples of the same mech. But I think requiring players to own multiples of the same mech a dream of theirs that isn't ever going to happen. If they push it too hard for that feature it could ruin their game. Seriously. Especially with the rate at which you generate c-bills right now? They'd be crazy to expect anyone to buy more than one of the same chassis, and on top of that buy 2 other chassis to master the mechs. And then expect them to also manually tweak each of those duplicate mechs like we have for the past year+. If the content isn't there to support that reasoning then it's game over for them. I pray they are not that short sighted.

But I doubt they'll do that, anyways. If they're any bit concerned about improving their game, they'll include a "Save Loadout" option in the new UI2.0. Along with a "Strip Armor" "Max Armor" which I hope will equalize/prioritize armor points and utilize all remaining tonnage. I can have my dreams, too, right? lol. But I think those options are a given. Especially the age we are at in the gaming industry, most of those options are basically standard, as they have been in most mechwarrior games, and even in non-mechwarrior type games where customization is heavy. Including those types of tools will help make customizing more enjoyable and easy to get into, less tedious and all that stuff and can also mean less time in the mechlab and more time on the battlefield. Changes can be meaningful, but there's no reason for them not to be quick and easy; especially so when you could have 3 friends to 11 clan people waiting on you (premade).
The only reason I haven't gone mad yet is because I have so much hope for UI2.0 to deliver on those aspects, and also like you said, something to easily identify missing/occupied components will help on that front as well.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 14 October 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#5 Chihuahua

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Even if you own multiple chasis of the same mech, variants per chasis can differ. One faster std-engine config, one slower but more armed std-engine config, one xl-engine config. Depending on the drop/map you can now switch between these configs much easier.

Assuming there will be the chance of setting up a drop loadout before battle in the future. In CW maybe.

Edited by Chihuahua, 16 October 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#6 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

I understand that, the issue is charging for Mech bays is a money maker. The easier that is to circumvent, the larger a need to charge for the new convenience feature.

Realize I like the idea 100%. Sadly when asked about it, the first position they took was how difficult it would be to code (and thats silly unless they really went bat poop crazy in the way Mechs are 'assembled' in the back end) then they added a 'perhaps one day' for good measure.

A pair of buttons that read 'generate blueprint' and 'mount blueprint' attached to a blueprint library in the Mech bay that is able to compare loaded files with stored inventory. No matter how many files are necessary to reference, no real reason exists that it should be an insurmountable task.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users