62 replies to this topic

#1 WiIIiam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Recorded by lance mate in coms after he'd died. He disabled hud for video quality purposes.

Quality isn't best, he wanted to get it posted to youtube fast.

#2 Zentraedi57

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Unbelieveable,. well not really how about just amazing. Might as well just remove all mechs except lights so others have a fighting chance since the games borked anyway.

#3 Effectz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 349 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Should of left the hud on so we could see your paper doll take borked damage.

#4 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

lol must be fun playing at a low elo.

#5 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

I'm assuming those were all not great players or they couldn't hit the Spider due to hit reg lag.

#6 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 14 October 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

I'm assuming those were all not great players or they couldn't hit the Spider due to hit reg lag.

Yeah at some points your looking going wow they can't aim for {Scrap} but then you have to say to yourself "they were aiming at the ghost raven". There were also a few solid hits and I to wish we saw the damage model. I hate spiders. If a Shadowhawk is super tall a spider needs to be too. I still think rescaling would solve a ton of issues with that POS mech.

#7 Steelgrave

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 14 October 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Except when they did.

#8 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

I saw a decent spider pilot there tearing apart slow-moving mechs that couldn't shoot straight. What's the issue? If you pause at 1m32s, his paper-doll is registering damage all over his mech.

Edited by Rhaythe, 14 October 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#9 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 14 October 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

I saw a decent spider pilot there tearing apart slow-moving mechs that couldn't shoot straight. What's the issue? If you pause at 1m32s, his paper-doll is registering damage all over his mech.

This.

#10 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostSteelgrave, on 14 October 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Except when they barely did.

Fixed.

Edited by General Taskeen, 14 October 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#11 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

I pilot spiders. The issue isn't always hit-reg. There are some hit-reg issues for every fast moving mech but the big deal with Spiders is size, speed and familiarity with how to stay alive in one. Move sideways, never towards or away from enemies, minimize your profile, try to stay behind them, etc.

They're alright, nothing phenomenal. Where they are dangerous is in groups - same is said of every other mech though. Where they become really dangerous though is 2 places -

1. Spider pilots like most pilots actually understand and live off of safety in numbers. They'll protect each other and effectively swarm slower moving larger mechs. They'll protect each other (if they're smart) and they use teamwork even when pugging to survive. Any mech could do this, lights are the only ones who consistently effectively wolfpack.

2. Small and fast when they're the last mech in the game they're playing against damaged, low-ammo adversaries who are also typically all spread out. Since lights generally killed long before the end of the match cautious spider pilots are often the last remaining light. This lets them hit and run, or just run and hide.

Hit reg issues are not that big right now. Try piloting a Spider for 50 drops, then come back and say that they're unhittable. Even better, pick up a Kintaro with 5 streaks and kill 3 or 4 a match.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 14 October 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Yeah at some points your looking going wow they can't aim for {Scrap} but then you have to say to yourself "they were aiming at the ghost raven". There were also a few solid hits and I to wish we saw the damage model. I hate spiders. If a Shadowhawk is super tall a spider needs to be too. I still think rescaling would solve a ton of issues with that POS mech.

don´t let FupDup hear ya say that. If anything, he thinks they should be smaller. ;)

#13 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 October 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

don´t let FupDup hear ya say that. If anything, he thinks they should be smaller. ;)

lol. I like the Fup. But he is so wrong in this.

#14 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

I said it all along, the Spider is the real Hero of MWO. My Spider fancy's itself as a Recon unit, but even then it gets carried away with the Artillery Strike Module. Great work Will I Am, you've burned the trail for the others to follow; watch out Jenner's.

#15 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

just ask yourself what would have happened to a jenner in the same situation...then you know where the problem lies.

#16 Equalizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

I am terrible with lights, even decent ones like Jenner F or Raven 3L, but not so much with trial Spiders it seems - the best 4 of my last 7-8 games in one of these:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Doubt my piloting skill has vastly increased or that I do anything different than in a Jenner or a Raven (in both of which I can never get similar results with that consistency)...

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

so yet another noble mechwarrior who mistakes bugged hit detection for any amount of actual skill on his own part.

If he thinks he is great now, he woulda LOVED the good old days in the Invincible ECM Raven-3L. If you didn´t pull 1000 pts with them, you didn´t even bother posting the screenshot.

#18 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

You can even see them aiming at something that's not there. All their shots always miss, because of the lagshield.

#19 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

That was hilarious! cant wait for the locust tomorrow.

#20 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

CTF, Orion and BJ were heaaavily damaged already, Stalker had no idea how to pilot mech and was most likely pretty damaged also, at least right torso

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users