11 replies to this topic

#1 SinJinn

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

For one reason and one reason only: What used to be one the most respectful comms chat I think I have ever experienced in any game has gone to {Scrap} because one or two people forget to READY up and people start flaming them. It is not worth it. SUGGESTION: have an AUTO READY option and or make it a 20 second timer and the Commander can request an extra 20 seconds. It is a good idea but nobody is using the option to arrange groups and it is creating a very negative tone in the comms.... Last comment on this subject, allow pre made groups to lock their group. It is very annoying to have your lance broken up because someone doesn't realize you are a team. Other than that keep up the great work.

#2 Dirkdaring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTwycross

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

I wish there was a toggle to set me auto-ready. Because... I was ready 20 flippin' seconds ago when I clicked LAUNCH.

If some other armchair QB wants to mess with groups and junk fine with me.

#3 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostSinJinn, on 14 October 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

For one reason and one reason only: What used to be one the most respectful comms chat I think I have ever experienced in any game has gone to {Scrap} because one or two people forget to READY up and people start flaming them. ...

Hm. May be it was a test - a test of how really respectful most players of this game are. If it was, most of us failed it.
Eh? =)

Anyhows, my point is, it went {scrap} not because 1 or two folks are for any reason not pressing a button; it went {scrap} because many of us are very monkey-like. When the only thing present was respect and good tone, many of us followed it. When a reason to get upset appeared - waiting for the last guy to ready, - some few nasty people among us started to express how upset they are, etc. And many of us, being monkey-like, did exacly what monkeys do: copy behaviour. Many of us started to be upset and expressed it in the chat. And the thing snowballed from a few genuinely nasty guys to a {scrap} so many say now.

It's in fact very normal. It's how kids learn - imitating, copying behaviour of others. Many adults are still having such feature, because it helps alot in their line of work and/or in their family much even throughout their adult life. And it's totally normal too. It's just that this very common feature of human nature can sometimes manifest itself very unexpectedly, - and also very discretly.

I am myself ery surprised how degraded chat is since ready button have been added. But i really think it's not the button and not people who forget or don't want to press it; it most of us who are creating the {scrap}.

Good news are, if the ready button will stay, - things will get better with time. People will get used to it. Less and less of nasty ones will be upset by waiting (habit is a strong thing). Less and less trolls will still have any fun trolling it. While what made chat good before, - namely those few of us who are much Mechwarriors in their spirit, ones for whom lore and traditions are as important as, or even more important that, the gameplay, - those lads will still be around, extending their influence to many of us. And we'll start to behave like they do more and more once again, making the chat a good place once again eventually.

May be it'll be a few months, but i am positive it will have to happen. We'll see! :ph34r:

#4 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

Ready is great for 12 mans. I love it for that so we can set our lances. Not so good for PUG matches. I would limit it to the 12 man queue.

#5 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

Ready up has plans to have a Mech selector. You pick a Mech after you launch and then ready up. That is what I was told.

#6 Fiveohmike

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

Limit it to 12 man drops, its is essential for 12 mans for the most part.

#7 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

I like "Ready" in 12-mans. I HATE "Ready" in PUGs. Split them up.

#8 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostSinJinn, on 14 October 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

For one reason and one reason only: What used to be one the most respectful comms chat I think I have ever experienced in any game has gone to {Scrap} because one or two people forget to READY up and people start flaming them. It is not worth it. SUGGESTION: have an AUTO READY option and or make it a 20 second timer and the Commander can request an extra 20 seconds. It is a good idea but nobody is using the option to arrange groups and it is creating a very negative tone in the comms.... Last comment on this subject, allow pre made groups to lock their group. It is very annoying to have your lance broken up because someone doesn't realize you are a team. Other than that keep up the great work.

20 seconds is enough to organize and plan.

#9 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

I don't have as much of an issue with the ready up feature but giving busy bodys the abilty to mess with the line up is insane. A lot of Tk's happening because of it. One of my last matches yesterday some bozo decided to move everyone to his liking then dropped command just before launch. He was next to me when the shots rang and he dropped at my feet. On chat he was ranting why would somebody do that. Well if you think you can control 12 others with out asking first your in for a suprise.

So please, if you feel the need ask before you do. premades dont take a liking to some "expert" messing with them and I am sick of losing because of it.

Edited by Mudhutwarrior, 15 October 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#10 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Its always one or two guys who just don't realize it, an AFK, or most commonly someone being intentionally ignorant to annoy people.

Extremely simple fix that would take little or no effort on PGI's end and make all the current gripes vanish instantly. If 2/3 (8 players) of a team readies up, the rest are switched to the ready state automatically.

#11 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'd suggest having PUG matches be auto-ready by default, and players can 'unready' if they feel the need. That should be all that's needed.

#12 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

What is this "its usless for PUGS" I keep seeing. "its great for 12 mans" so what? give premades another advantage and penalise pugs for trying to organise?

Its 60 SECONDS... get over it.... really.

If they want to improve it my suggestions

- Add coloured markers so premades are obvious so the dont get broken up
- allow premades to lock their group so they can't be split up and that will stop them flaming.
- Learn some patience. that enforced time is good for building community and getting people familliar with eachother. After months of people screaming for a lobby now everyone want to bypass it... WTF?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users