<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Low Framerate? Tell us about it here!

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • How had the patch generally affected your performance?
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

#2 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Edit: Fixed my issue, running the MWO repair tool seemed to have fixed my FPS problems

Edited by Vulix, 15 October 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#3 Kelito

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Well, frame rates went from 30-35 down to 7-13. The game is now totally unplayable for me. Which is unfortunate since I spent all that money on the phoenix mechs.

How had the patch generally affected your performance?

MASSIVE Frame rate drop

Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.

Right after patching

What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?

Video settings did not change from last night to today's patch. I have everything set to medium.

Average FPS in game and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
Average of ~9 FPS

System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])

8 core I7-2860QM, 16GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD6700 series.

Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

20 megabits down, 5 up, San Diego, CA. USA!

Guys, this is terrible, what did you do, it was running pretty well for so long, I even increased my resolution and it was still good. Now, Well...

#4 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Sorry to hear your having performance issues, another round of performance work is coming as DX11 support work gets out of the way. I'll ensure we put some particular focus into the cards you specify I'm not aware of the 6700 performing badly but the 550Ti I have seen some recent reports of it running slower.

#5 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

I started to get shot by 3-4 ppl by surprise after a bad turn, and my fps went to 8-12fps from vsync capped 60+.

It has always dropped in battle, esp. when getting shot, but never been close to this bad.

Mixed low/high settings, i7-2600, hd7950.

#6 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Don't suppose any particular weapon fire (lasers/lrms/srms?) might help us narrow down if there is a particular weapon causing a slow down.

#7 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 15 October 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Don't suppose any particular weapon fire (lasers/lrms/srms?) might help us narrow down if there is a particular weapon causing a slow down.

I'd have to say definitely smoke from ac-s in particular, maybe the darkening effect as they come in tandem.

#8 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Try running the repair tool, it solved my FPS issues. Not sure what happened but it's gone now.

#9 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

FPS are good to me - did not play quite a time - no significant difference to my past experience.

Very High

• Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
    between 30 and 60 with an average of around 40 to 45.

Win7 x64
    AMD FX 8350
    ATI HD 6950 (Catalyst 13.11 beta 1)
    X-Fi Titanum (2.17.0009)
    GA990XA-UD3 (F14b)
    2x 4 GB DDR3-1600 Kingston Blue
    2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3R

• Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic Location
    VDSL50 - Germany/Europe
    Ping around 120 to 140

PS: And bcs i dont need to make an extra post for this:
I did NOT notice ANY texture BUG in the few matches i played, not even at the snow maps. I hope it will stay this way ;)

Edited by Thorqemada, 15 October 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#10 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 15 October 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

• How had the patch generally affected your performance? Patch negated a bit of the FPS drop I got with the 12v12 update, good job!
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes. Mostly start of match since there are a lot of mechs on the screen.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch? No (highest settings).
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler]) i5-3570K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 660 Ti, game on SSD

Edited by wickwire, 15 October 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#11 Escer

• Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 15 October 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

[color=#959595]Low Framerate? Tell us about it here![/color]

[color=#959595]Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:[/color]
  • System specs (You can include them in a
    Spoiler

The game is still unplayable. Since the patch before last frame rate has dropped massively. I used to be able to play this game flawlessly 45-60 fps. However, as of the patch before last I'm usually around 20 walking around the map and it dips into teens during firefights. In the mech lab it's in the 40's when before it would be at 59.7. I play this game on very high without AA. Even changing the settings to low doesn't help; once the fighting starts its all messed up. I was hoping this patch would have fixed things... nope. I've reinstalled the game twice and used the repair tool to no avail. Was really looking forward to phoenix. I guess I have to wait. Hoping for some fixes to come though :|

[spoiler] intel i7 up to 3.3 ghz, nvidia 650m, 8 gb 1866 mhz Kingston

#12 Lumunix

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 53 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIn your blind spot

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Massive drops in framerates, im now in the constant 10-19 FPS range. With the occasional drop into single digits
    Had them at full whack Ultra across the board and had no problems running 3 monitor eyefinity at 5760x1080P with FPS from 30-45FPS. With the new patch I get 10-19FPS typically no matter what resolution. Even at the lowest possible resolution settings on all low settings it is completely unplayable. My guess would be something with the Physics as my GPU at all low settings was hovering at only 15% utilization and my cpu was at 25% utilization
    Never had a problem with the menus, they have always stayed locked at 60 FPS
    Win8 x64
    AMD FX 8150 overclocked to 4.2 GHz
    4x AMD HD 7970 Quadfire (only 1 enabled for mwo) (Catalyst 13.11 beta 1)
    GA990XA-UD7 (F14b)
    4x 4 GB DDR3-2133Mhz AMD Radeon Gamer Series RAM
    2x 1TB WD Caviar Black and 1x Corsair Force 120Gb SSD
Internet Connection: Penn State University 100 Mb down 65 up

I think that the main problem when it comes to alot of the FPS issues in mechwarrior online is the lack of physics offloading to the GPU. In closed beta when DX11 was still enabled the game was butter smooth all the time. Now with the advent of 12 v 12 and DX 11 still in the wings its causing some huge problems with CPU overhead. I know that DX 11 has alot of features that helps with removing high CPU overheads when it comes to physics and heavy workloads. I can see why an older CPU would struggle, however if you have the flagship processors from either Intel or AMD and you cant even achieve 30 FPS then there is either ineffciencys in the code or the workload is not being evenly distributed between the CPU and GPU. Just my observations

#13 Leklerk

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

• fps fall to 10-12
  • near buildings and other players in the new mechs
  • very high without motion blur
  • now i have 10-15 average ingame is some parts of maps.in previous patch it was 45-54 fps in all parts of maps
  • intel® Core™i5 CPU 760 @2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz
  • 4 Gb memory DDR3 1333 win 7 64 bit
  • ATI Radeon 5750 HD 1gb sapphire
  • 100mb\Israel 162 ping

#14 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

How had the patch generally affected your performance?
It's a little jumpy now, where it wasn't before, but overall it's not bad.

Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
THERMALS. Using thermals brings my framerate down to unplayable levels.

What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
Spoiler

Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch
45 ingame previous patch; 40 thermals previous patch
45 ingame latest patch; 8 thermals latest patch

System specs
Spoiler

Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
75Mbps upload; 15Mbps download / Haymarket, VA, USA

#15 Leklerk

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostLeklerk, on 15 October 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

• fps fall to 10-12
  • near buildings and other players in the new mechs
  • very high without motion blur
  • now i have 10-15 average ingame is some parts of maps.in previous patch it was 45-54 fps in all parts of maps
  • intel® Core™i5 CPU 760 @2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz
  • 4 Gb memory DDR3 1333 win 7 64 bit
  • ATI Radeon 5750 HD 1gb sapphire
  • 100mb\Israel 162 ping

problem solved by reinstall windows and now working fine on win 7 ultimate 64 without SP1...
i am kinda scare to update my win to sp1.
any way before reinstall win i tryed to reinstall game,video card driver,directx and nothing happends still was low fps.
after reinstall win all going fine fps up to 54 :)

Edited by Leklerk, 16 October 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#16 Kelito

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 15 October 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

t everyone know if it does work or not.
Sorry to hear your having performance issues, another round of performance work is coming as DX11 support work gets out of the way. I'll ensure we put some particular focus into the cards you specify I'm not aware of the 6700 performing badly but the 550Ti I have seen some recent reports of it running slower.

That is part of why I do not know what is going on. Running the repair tool does nothing still fps~9. I am going to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if maybe that fixes it, will edit and let everyone know if it does work or not. I really want to play my new mechs. BTW: Thanks for taking a direct look at things relating to our graphics cards.

#17 Kelito

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Ok, so...I was messing with the AA setting, turned AA on and low and behold, the framerate went back up to normal. Turned it off and it tanked to ~9fps again. So I would maybe guess that some change was made to AA that we did not know about. That solved my FPS issue, maybe others can try it too?

#18 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

I've dropped into the 30 fps range after patch.. I was just getting used to the high 80s - 90s.

#19 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

The latest patch (October 15th) brought again a bit more FPS stabilization for me. Generally the number of slowdowns below 30 FPS has reduced, but it's still there. In particular when mechs enter the scene, e.g. a ShadowHawk entering the scene lowers my performance by around 5 FPS, but this may not be the only mech. Generally I think MWO is still largely CPU limited. On my setup (Core2Duo 2.66Ghz (8200 series), 4 GByte RAM and HD6850 (1GB) I can drive video card related things like shaders up quite easily without performance hit, but I just can not increase by performance by lowering any of the settins, as my CPU seems to limit the total FPS. With this being said I am not surprised, that complex geometry (like a mech) is lowering my FPS as this is done on the CPU prior to the things DX11 offer afaik.

Generally I think the screen shake/missile impact effects need to be looked at. These cause massive performance drops (down to very few FPS, like 3-6 FPS).

I do think the game looks pretty if you can at least run medium settings.

Edited by Autobot9000, 17 October 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#20 Kaemol

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

I can´t play the game in fullscreen anymore, I´ve always played it in fullscreen and on high graphics and my FPS used to be around 30-40.
After this last patch fullscreen crashes me out to desktop...

Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8Ghz
8 gb ram
Win7 64 bit
AMD Radeon HD 7700

Edited by Troll kim 80, 17 October 2013 - 03:10 AM.

39 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 39 guests, 0 anonymous users