- - - - -

Confused About Faction Medallions..

37 replies to this topic

#21 HumanDuracell

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOn that hill over there, reporting your position to my teammates. They would SO love to meet you...

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

View PostKennoir, on 15 October 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

Do i need to take the Davion Medaillion when I want some Davion Bonus? Has there been an clarification? Or do I get the Bonus for my faction, no matter what I play?

It would make sense that you would only get the Davion bonus when fighting for Davion. Placing a Davion medallion in your 'mech would confer no bonuses while fighting for Kurita. If you are using a Phoenix variant you would automatically gain faction with whoever you are fighting for as it's faction bonus is not aligned to any one house.

Examples:
Medallion fitted for House 'A' and fighting for House 'A' in a phoenix variant = 12.5% bonus
Medallion fitted for House 'A' while fighting for House 'B' in a phoenix variant = 10% bonus
Medallion fitted for House 'A' and fighting for House 'A' in a standard variant = 2.5% bonus
Medallion fitted for House 'A' while fighting for House 'B' in a standard variant = No bonus

#22 Euphor Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOz (Australia)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

the two weeks were refering to those of us who are both founders and pheonix users, we were supposed to get a special founders medal with the packages...

#23 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

Hummm largely posting to see which forum badge displays now that I have claimed my 4 medallions.

I wasn't, or I didn't see where I could choose my forum badge so i'm either going to be a Elite Founder badged, or Overlord badged....

EDIT: Sweet its both B)

Edited by Tyrnea Smurf, 16 October 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#24 Euphor Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOz (Australia)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

View PostTyrnea Smurf, on 16 October 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

EDIT: Sweet its both B)

and soon, our badges will be longer than our posts...

#25 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

What if I don't want to be part of a filthy Inner Sphere house? What if I want to be part of a Clan when they finally invade? I wish I could save my 4 medals and swap them out for Clan ones when the invasion happens. I don't want to be cruising around in a Clan Jade Falcon Mad Dog with a House Davion Medal. What would my Sibko think?

Edit: I am going to wait to see what happens in the future. I don't think there is a deadline to use them so I am going to wait and see if more factions become available. Hopefully they will make Merc medals and Clan medals and then I will pounce.

Edited by Airborne Thunder, 16 October 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#26 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

I have no idea how it works, but it seems to be adding some extra extra something. Where the FAQ is the FAQ about this??

#27 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostEuphor Kell, on 16 October 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

and soon, our badges will be longer than our posts...

Even if there is a quote, the badges are longer than the posts.

It will drive up the page count, so we will all think the forums are popular...

View PostHellen Wheels, on 16 October 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

I have no idea how it works, but it seems to be adding some extra extra something. Where the FAQ is the FAQ about this??

Is there something disconcerting about Founders pleading for help inside the New Player topics?

#28 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Well this a completely new thing. So in fact, she is a "new player" when it comes to these medallions.

#29 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 16 October 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Is there something disconcerting about Founders pleading for help inside the New Player topics?

So what's the answer? Where's the FAQ about these Medallions ? I don't have time to research this, I'm in the middle of packing for a field trip and won't even see MWO for the next two months. So tell me. Are these the things that give you a loyalty bonus down the road, if we ever see community warfare? Should I choose 4 Federated Sun Medallions? Can I switch my picks later? How does this thing work? Is there a drawback to waiting to select all that are available to me?

Sorry I'm not as brilliant as you, but I'm just asking honest questions that any new player might ask, and this is where those types of questions should be asked, I think.

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 17 October 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#30 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,157 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 17 October 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

So what's the answer, Einstein? Where's the FAQ about these Medallions ? I don't have time to research this, I'm in the middle of packing for a field trip and won't even see MWO for the next two months. So tell me. Are these the things that give you a loyalty bonus down the road, if we ever see community warfare? Should I choose 4 Federated Sun Medallions? Can I switch my picks later? How does this thing work? Is there a drawback to waiting to select all that are available to me?

Sorry I'm not as brilliant as you, but I'm just asking honest questions that any new player might ask, and this is where those types of questions should be asked, I think.

Jerk.

You can pick any combo you want, choices are irrevocable. They'll provide a 2.5% loyalty bonus (towards your Faction "ranking"). You do not have to make choices now, so if you're not going to play for a couple months, I'd just wait. Frankly, I play daily and I'm waiting to see what CW offers before choosing.

I'm confused as to whether they're the same medals you can currently buy in Mech Lab or if they're different. They look the same.

S

Edited by Terciel1976, 17 October 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#31 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Thanks, I did choose so far one Fed Sun and one Steiner, for the Commonwealth, then realized the irrevocable part, so figured I'd better wait until I understood the implications down the road. And I'm still confused as to how they work, as far as do you have to equip them in a mech for them to add the bonus? They only work for the Phoenix mechs? Unfortunately I will not be playing for a few months starting next week, so I was just trying to get as much juice as I could the next few days before the hiatus. This is me the next six to eight weeks:
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

At least it will be a nice hotel. Time to catch up on some reading.

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 17 October 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#32 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,157 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Only if equipped in a mech as I understand it, but any mech, it'll stack with 10% bonus from Phx mechs if equipped in them.

S

Edited by Terciel1976, 17 October 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#33 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 17 October 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Sorry Hellen, I meant it along the lines of "gosh, these are the people that are on the forums daily and they don't know these things. PGI must not be doing a good job with documentation."

Did not mean to imply "boy are you stupid" in any way, shape, or form.

#34 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostEdanomel, on 16 October 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Examples:
Medallion fitted for House 'A' and fighting for House 'A' in a phoenix variant = 12.5% bonus
Medallion fitted for House 'A' while fighting for House 'B' in a phoenix variant = 10% bonus
Medallion fitted for House 'A' and fighting for House 'A' in a standard variant = 2.5% bonus
Medallion fitted for House 'A' while fighting for House 'B' in a standard variant = No bonus

These are interesting points. The thing that it doesnt seem to have come up is that until CW drops, the current PuG drops are not faction based. When CW hits, every PuG drop will be a factionalized affair. so does this mean that currently, since we're not fighting and battle for any faction, that the bonus isnt accruing in the background? either way, I'm probably going to wait until I can see what the faction specific benefits are of each faction before picking any of them blindly.

#35 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 18 October 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

along the lines

Sorry I misunderstood, I see that now. Reading it with that inflection, makes sense.

WHERE'S THE FAQ, KENNETH??

I think its a safe bet for everyone to shy away from picking yet.

Carry on!

#36 Gigaflop

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 30 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

I put in a ticket to revoke a mistake I made on the pick...no dice!
I don't know why they can't allow us to correct mistakes but it took them 3 days to tell me NO!
and of course I have no idea how they work; faction specific?
here's the FAQ
http://mwomercs.com/...t-phoenix-faqs/

#37 Rikaruss

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Once we pick we are stuck with them correct?

Don't forget I asked just read above.

#38 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Loyalty Points
Q: What are Loyalty Points?
[color=#959595]A: Loyalty Points are part of the upcoming Community Warfare expansion. Players will be able to work with and/or pledge allegiance to one of the major factions within the game's universe. Loyalty Points are earned by doing a variety of activities within the game. Players will have a pooled loyalty rank value per in-game faction. As the player performs specific actions they will earn loyalty points which are added or removed from these individual faction rank pools. Loyalty Point boosts increase the positive earning of points in these individual boosts. Earning a high level of rank with anyone one faction, earns the player access to specific faction content and economic benefits. Further details will be revealed with upcoming announcements on Community Warfare.[/color]

Q: Does the Faction Medallion ‘Loyalty Boost’ of 2.5%, stack together with the 10% Loyalty Boost when using a Phoenix BattleMech?
[color=#959595]A: Yes – giving a total of 12.5% Loyalty Boost per match when using a Phoenix BattleMech that is equipped with a Faction Medallion.[/color]

Q: If my Phoenix Package comes with multiple Faction Medallions, Is it possible to choose the same medallion more than once?
[color=#959595]A: Yes. You can make your selections [/color]here[color=#959595]![/color]

Q: I have the Guardian or Overlord tier but I didn't receive my Premium Time. What's going on?
[color=#959595]A: The Premium Time included in the Guardian and Overlord tiers was delivered with the Mechs and other assets on October 15th 2013. [/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]
Edited by Niko Snow, Today, 09:40 AM.
[/color]

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users