#21 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 18 October 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

Not seeing the video link Reno, wouldn't mind seeing where it locks up, same goes for anyone else experiencing this issue.

added the links:
Part1 until the freeze at the end of the video: http://youtu.be/3YDNHBusqio
part2 (after the freeze) http://youtu.be/vXIJP6v4UGQ
part3 (just end of the match for interested) http://youtu.be/1XgJKV-rjXE

#22 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Alright, sent my link to my dropbox of the file to support, hope it's handy.

#23 HoppinRaven

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts
  • LocationI'd say behind you, but I'd be lying.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Have the same issue. Sometimes this lockup is not just limited to a few seconds... it lasts until I alt-tab or bring task manager up and call the game back to the front.
Moment is nearly always somewhere in the first two minutes of a match.
Perhaps a memory leak video wise as I can sometimes hear the audio continue and once back in the in between part is simply skipped.

#24 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostHoppinRaven, on 18 October 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Have the same issue. Sometimes this lockup is not just limited to a few seconds... it lasts until I alt-tab or bring task manager up and call the game back to the front.
Moment is nearly always somewhere in the first two minutes of a match.
Perhaps a memory leak video wise as I can sometimes hear the audio continue and once back in the in between part is simply skipped.

I continue to hear audio as well - and can interact with my mech. I can stop my mech, the audio of walking stops, then i can start moving again or fire and it makes the appropriate sound. Since it always starts after combat has begun, my hunch is it is related to a weapon impact or weapon projectile/firing draw as it is only a visual freeze.

#25 Rebel Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostMonky, on 18 October 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

I continue to hear audio as well - and can interact with my mech. I can stop my mech, the audio of walking stops, then i can start moving again or fire and it makes the appropriate sound. Since it always starts after combat has begun, my hunch is it is related to a weapon impact or weapon projectile/firing draw as it is only a visual freeze.

This^^
Mine happens randomly. In the middle of a match. Or seconds from starting. Last one caused me to walk out of bounds and die on forest col, lower end.
As others have said only way to fix it is to tab out and then back in.
Which then sometimes causes me to have the cursor bug :)
Also ive had this bug for at least 3+ patches.

Edited by Rebel Roshak, 18 October 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#26 Glamdring

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

I've always experienced this, but I haven't noticed an increase in it since the last patch.

#27 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Ok Matt, I uploaded a dump file in a mediafire folder and i emailed the link to support. Hopefully, I will be able to update with more files as I experience them, but my upload speed is slow so don't expect them soon

#28 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

I also noticed it happening 60% of the time at the very beginning of the match, or like others when i first enter combat with an enemy mech. In regards to maps it seems to happen to me the most on Crimson Strait when i start on the docks area in the top left of the map.

#29 MADSix

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

I have had this problem as well. From what I recall, it is usually at the beginning of matches, and happens most on Canyon network and maps with snow. I would do the tool, but I have no where to host the file.

#30 Rebel Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Played for 5 hrs last night no problems.
But got the tool downloaded ready just incase. :D

#31 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 18 October 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

I get the freeze mostly on my first game of the day and usually as soon as I pass over a hill, or target the first enemy in sight.
My machine works quite well, (compared to many others) so it might be less freezes on this machine than on others.
I'll see if I can find some spots to lock me up :D

^this happens often also to me. Alt tab fixes the thing with little hassle since usually it's at the beginning of the very first match I play ever. It's also related to an issue like that if you are in thermal vision (usually you notice this in river city night), suddendly my thermal and even allied thermals (or night visions) gets resetted back to normal view.

it's like an emp spike that affects basically everyone in the map, if you're not in thermal then you get your screen frozen (alt+tab fixes it) if you're in thermal or night vision you don't get the freeze but the thermal/nv switches back to normal view without giving the command.

Other times I get a strange polygon deformation in the upper screen that endures for an instant instead of the freeze, one of those things that you might think that your videocard is going nuts but it isn't; when it happens it's the usual spike that either freezes your screen, disables your alternative views or creates that strange graphical glitch.

Edited by John MatriX82, 22 October 2013 - 04:45 AM.

#32 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostCest7, on 15 October 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Yeah i'll get 2-3 second lockups or a freeze that'll only be fixed by alt+tab or alt+F4

I've been getting this as well since the last update.

#33 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

I've been having these at least since the start of the year; it only happens maybe twice a month, so I can't say I've been able to observe a pattern to when it happens, as it's fairly rare for me. Will try to get a dump if I can.

#34 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

This occurs for me on Caustic, usually early in the game. It goes away quickly though. Although it tends to happen on the southern side of the map.

Occasionally though it occurs on Frozen City, towards Theta from the NW spawn.

It tends to happen when dakka is involved, MGs and occasionally AC2/AC5s I think.

Edited by Deathlike, 22 October 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#35 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 18 October 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Thanks for the dump Reno, looking at the one you provided it seems to relate to a bad raycast into the terrain, just wondering if you get the freeze more often on a particular map or even in a particular section of a map?

I've been suffering from this since the last patch. The worst map seems to be Crimson Strait by far. It also happens a lot on River City and River City night. I've not had it really effect maps like Tourmaline and Canyons, at worst small stutters that last less than a second. On maps like Crimson Strait I have consistent problems and long lock ups, sometimes 5 or more seconds.

#36 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 22 October 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

I've been suffering from this since the last patch. The worst map seems to be Crimson Strait by far. It also happens a lot on River City and River City night. I've not had it really effect maps like Tourmaline and Canyons, at worst small stutters that last less than a second. On maps like Crimson Strait I have consistent problems and long lock ups, sometimes 5 or more seconds.

I need to check these maps then.
I had the feeling its always my first game of the day, no matter the map, but I'm not sure if I had these two in the last few days as first map.
Thanks for the heads up.

#37 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

I tend to have those kind of freezes, but only once per play sessions. Once I alt+tab I can continue playing and it does not happen in the next matches.

#38 Barakus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

I suffer from this all the time but then some days it is fine. It happens on all maps and seems to be really bad when I am facing the enemy cap from any point on the map. When I look away from it it is much better. It happens even facing the cap with a mountain in the way so I don't need lone of sight for the issue to occur.

#39 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

I have uploaded a new dump file to my dump file folder. Good Luck with resolution! Have any possible causes been identified from the dump files being sent?

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users