Am I Frr?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Hwabyeong

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Looking through the factions, the FRR appeals to me the most. I'm part swedish, but I'm Half Korean. Koreans aren't really identified in this universe. But Historically they've always defied Japan, so I thought that would be funny. Or Cool, actually. But! Would it be intensely UN-FRR for a pilot to be in a Raven or BlackJack? I wanna get a DRG-5N pretty bad, But I'd like to stick to what would be 'realistic' in the universe. I don't even really know if I like the BJ-3. The Last time I played this I was playing Mercenaries, and I loved it but that was a long time ago.

#2 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Welcome to the FRR!

You would fit right in being half Swedish and willing to stick it to the Kuritans :)
I would also say that an FRR mechwarrior would pilot anything he can lay his hands on actually.

#3 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Honestly, if someone shames you because of your heritage and what choice of mech you choose to pilot, they're just an ***.

Doubly so if they sperg out about canon and lore, as if the FRR didn't have its' share of Asiatics.

#4 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostHwabyeong, on 15 October 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

Would it be intensely UN-FRR for a pilot to be in a Raven or BlackJack? I wanna get a DRG-5N pretty bad, But I'd like to stick to what would be 'realistic' in the universe...

I'm not sure about the Raven, but the Blackjack is common to all factions, and the lore indicates the FRR would have Dragons left behind from the Kurita occupation.

...And, seriously, we're each looking for whatever mech works for us, regardless of lore. If we were going by the lore, I should be able to get a Warhammer or Marauder. I can't, so I don't feel guilty about using a Cataphract, Highlander, or other things we "officially" shouldn't own.

Also, we're the blasted Space Vikings. Anyone who doesn't want to sell us something is at risk of being pillaged. :)

Furthermore, you can darn well be an Asiatic Space Viking. As an example from the lore: The FRR forces on last Last Frontier were commanded by Knute Kurita. Yeah, Nordic first name and Japanese last name. If you want to be Viking-fashionable, you can say your character's surname is "Hwaybeongson". :D

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 17 October 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#5 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

The FRR are the 'redheaded step-children' of the Battletech Universe. And what do Redheaded Step-children usually receive all their life? Grief and hand-me-downs. So, piloting anything shouldn't really be going against any kind of lore. FRR uses what the FRR can get, which would be a touch of everything.

If you're really that lore driven, I could understand a crisis of conscious if your entire Co. was rolling around in Dragons, but for personal use, you can acquit yourself of self-guilt as it's likely in the scope of RP'ing, you'd likely have shelled out for whatever 'Mech was at the bottom of the FRR chapter Krayg's Lyst.

#6 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Soon enough you'll get to pilot a Kodiak when the Ghost Bears roll you over.

It's too bad, I like the FRR.

#7 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

Mead and Korean BBQ... Now that sounds like a very good evening. =P

Now pickled Herring otoh... .. . That is something you shoudl stay FAR FAR FAR away from.

Dandelion Wine might fly if you are desperate.

Any way back on topic. You do not need to worry the slightest. Sure we have some M.Ö.P´s here but they can usually be placated by tossing them a TRO to scramble over. =) The rest is here to enjoy the game and have fun.

#8 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

View Postaniviron, on 17 October 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Soon enough you'll get to pilot a Kodiak when the Ghost Bears roll you over.

It's too bad, I like the FRR.

Kodiak's worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users