Area51 Gaming

1 reply to this topic

#1 Basilisk51

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

Area 51 Gaming is one of North America's oldest professional gaming organizations. Our divisions compete in online leagues as well as LAN (Local Area Network) tournaments every year against some of the best teams in the world.
Area 51 started off as a UT99 team in February of 2002, then branched off to UT2003 and Call Of Duty. We ran Unreal Tournament divisions in North America and Europe for several years. After having excellent Teams in both Call Of Duty and the Unreal series we decided to branch off to play as many competitive games as possible.
Area 51 has gone on to play each version of Unreal Tournament, Call Of Duty and several other past games at the the highest levels. We have added top notch teams in StarCraft 2, Battlefield 3, Tribes Ascend, Call Of Duty 4, Counter Strike Source, Counter Strike 1.6, Quake Live, Left 4 Dead 2, Day Of Defeat 1.3, Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament 3, Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2, Black Ops CTF and Black Ops S&D.
You can find us in Cevo, Cal, ESEA, TWL along with several upcoming LAN events worldwide every year such as Quakecon, Lan ETS, Nerv, PAX, LANchamp Baltimore, Arbalet, LANapalooza, Devastation, WCG, MLG and many more.
The team now is owned by Og, Vertigo and Jagman. Three men with some serious time invested in the gaming world and a desire to take Area 51 to the limits of gaming!

My name is Basilisk51 and I along with 51Sk1tch and 51Jagman are heading the MWO team for Area51 gaming. I have known Jag and Skitch for a while now and I have been with Area51 for over 5 years. I have played Battletech and MechWarrior since they first came out and I remember thinking when the clans were going to release “you think it’s going to be aliens”. I was extremely excited when I saw this game and I knew I wanted to be admin for the Area51 team since I created an account. Now with more of the recent news on the Founder’s package and the release/beta getting larger and larger I have decided to go public and introduce ourselves. We will be recruiting very soon and if you are interested please let us know. We have decided to go Merc group because it was said they can align with the different houses and we didn’t want to be too limiting. If you are interested we will also be forming several competitive teams to compete on behalf of Area51. More information regarding these teams will be available as the Devs release information regarding teams for tournaments and Merc Groups themselves. We are an extremely strong, welcoming community and look forward to seeing everyone in game. If you are interested please feel free check out our website at http://area51gaming.com/ we have a forum topic already tagged for the game under the community tab as well as a team speak server for the game and streaming available when the game releases.

#2 Bebo

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

Hello Basilisk!

Cool to see 51 here. I played UT3 and UT99 with the old 51 guys; numb, gs, de'pain, boots, vertigo, flux. Your history of 51 fails to mention the short lived career of playing Age of Conan haha. Any way, I need to get in contact with some old UT guys. I was planning on running my own merc unit but if I can't get anyone I'll probaly try playing with you guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users