Privacy & Protection

2 replies to this topic

#1 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:03 AM

2011 has been a year full of high-profile hacking on gaming companies. As the industry moves more and more towards digital distribution, DLC, and micro-transactions more information about users personal details are retained by companies. Aside from users doing their best to use strong passwords, and different passwords for different accounts, I wanted to know what can Piranha do to help make their systems secure and protect credit cards details and such? I'm not sure this is true, but I heard that when Sony got hacked, non of the passwords were hashed of salted, that seems very lack lustre on their part.

Edited by John Clavell, 12 November 2011 - 04:02 AM.

#2 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

If you have not already, maybe try giving this a post in the QnA thread in Announcements. Yea, it might be off topic to the "Reboot" but this is something so important to all of us that it should be addressed. If not the QnA, maybe the Suggestions forum if this thread gets no moderator love.

#3 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:14 AM

I already poised a question to the dev's for the upcoming QnA on Wednesday. Is it only 1 question per person? I can't remember :-) Anyway. I just changed my Steam Account password to be safe. That kinda stuff highlights the issues. No one person or company is safe. I also don't expect a company to have a system which is 100%, that impossible. But don't do a SONY! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users