- - - - -

Just Had An Ammo Explosion Without Losing Armor

14 replies to this topic

#1 yayorbitgum

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

So ultra ac/5 ammo exploded in my left torso without ever losing the outer layer of armor.. The component was gone but the armor outline remained. What causes this to happen?

I'm running a Catapult K2, XL engine, and standard armor if that makes any difference. Thanks!

#2 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

How much ammo did you have left in the bin? Ammo explosions should be the damage multiplied by the number of rounds left.

#3 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Postyayorbitgum, on 16 October 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

So ultra ac/5 ammo exploded in my left torso without ever losing the outer layer of armor.. The component was gone but the armor outline remained. What causes this to happen?

I'm running a Catapult K2, XL engine, and standard armor if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Were you overheating like crazy? Cause you can at like 150% overheat blow yourself up with an Ammo Explosion.

#4 yayorbitgum

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostscJazz, on 16 October 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Were you overheating like crazy? Cause you can at like 150% overheat blow yourself up with an Ammo Explosion.

Nah heat was around 70%, I was being pelted a bit but nothing worthy of draining me in 5 seconds. I blew up at around 90% health, considering I still had a lot of ammo left. Wasn't sure if it was a known bug or if there's some armor piercing weapon I don't know about! Starting to think it's a bug now...

#5 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

View Postyayorbitgum, on 16 October 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Nah heat was around 70%, I was being pelted a bit but nothing worthy of draining me in 5 seconds. I blew up at around 90% health, considering I still had a lot of ammo left. Wasn't sure if it was a known bug or if there's some armor piercing weapon I don't know about! Starting to think it's a bug now...

You are like the 2nd person I've noticed to mention this in approx the last month. Take a screen shot of the "Death Screen" if it happens again.

#6 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostscJazz, on 16 October 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

You are like the 2nd person I've noticed to mention this in approx the last month. Take a screen shot of the "Death Screen" if it happens again.

And don't forget to submit that screenshot with a support ticket. I am thinking it is an HSR issue, but it never hurts to give the devs a head's up.

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Screenshots help immensely- slap that PrntScrn button, automatically saves a screenshot to the USER folder of your MWO install!

Sure you never lost rear armor? I've also heard of issues where it seems that the paper doll is not refreshing fast enough to be accurate.

#8 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 16 October 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I've also heard of issues where it seems that the paper doll is not refreshing fast enough to be accurate.

What I'm almost certain happened!

#9 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Yeah, if he got nailed in the back with, say, a gauss round its entirely possible for it to destroy an ammo bin, then the torso destruction would cover the rear damage taken likely before the paperdoll updated.

#10 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Was your arm possibly knocked off by a massive hit that caused enough damage to transfer that the bin blew? Assuming of course that`s technically possible....

I ask becasue yesterday I had some fun in my "1 click = kill + suicide" battlemaster jokebuild (7 erppc + gauss w/shs :P ;)) and killed a K2 (and myself) with a single shot to the arm..... I figured I had blown up ammo in the arm and that took out the LT....

#11 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

I think when you die from XL engine in rear side torso it still shows you as having front armor in that location at the death screen

this is actually nice, since it indicates you were destroyed from behind

also, try not to put ammo in a side torso when using XL engines. its bad.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 17 October 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#12 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hooray! It's not just me!

:D :)

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Ammo explosions used to occur with a period of time of being over 80% of your heat. This was removed. So far no mention has been given with it being restored. But it's a thought.

#14 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 16 October 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Screenshots help immensely- slap that PrntScrn button, automatically saves a screenshot to the USER folder of your MWO install!

Sure you never lost rear armor? I've also heard of issues where it seems that the paper doll is not refreshing fast enough to be accurate.

As far as I can tell this is true. I run with 300ms+ ping, and I've had a couple of deaths recently where the paper doll on the death screen is showing my CT,LT and RT as intact (albeit badly damaged) but I've died from losing my engine.

Yes, I have submitted tickets.

#15 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

But how about when the temp did not go over 50%? Assuming that was the cause, and not a single ML laser hit that ignored 60pts armor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users