- - - - -

Why Do You Have To Wait To Get Purchased Mechs?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Shoes1980

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Recently purchased a Phoenix package only to go to my garage to find no new mechs. After a little digging i discover that you have to wait until a server maintenance to get your new mechs. Thats fine and all but I don't understand why you have to wait. Most free to play title if you purchase something from the in game store you get it instantly or very soon after. Im not complaining Im just wondering why this game isn't this way as well.

Thanks for the insight

#2 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

The internet elves will take time to assemble the fairy pixel dust to form your battle master... Chillax it is only 1 night...

#3 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

View PostShoes1980, on 17 October 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

Recently purchased a Phoenix package only to go to my garage to find no new mechs. After a little digging i discover that you have to wait until a server maintenance to get your new mechs. Thats fine and all but I don't understand why you have to wait. Most free to play title if you purchase something from the in game store you get it instantly or very soon after. Im not complaining Im just wondering why this game isn't this way as well.

Thanks for the insight

You have to wait because this isn't a "Normal" purchase. Your getting Patterns, medallions, and a bunch of mechs at once. If you just straight up bought a "Dragon Slayer" hero mech you'd get it instantly.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

It's a limitation of the current user interface. The "injections" are literally account changes. Purchases in game are instant as the user interface was made for it. Purchases made outside of the game like the Phoenix program are things the game can't possibly know about in the interface's current state. Fixing this is one of the features intended for U.I. 2.0.

Currently the way it works is when there's a maintenance cycle or official patch, the servers get shut down and when they start back up the accounts realize "Wait, there's been an injection! Let's add that to the player's game."

#5 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Koniving has it right.

This isn't a normal purchase (thus not supported by the UI), it's an injection of a large amount of content all at once. Heck, after the patch, it took the game a minute or two to figure out I had them (I was having trouble scrolling beyond my last previous mech).

That was one of the top goals of UI2.0, to put a better store in the game itself. My guess is further sales like this will happen in game from now on.

#6 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

Current UI?
Posted Image

The UI should have nothing to do with it. it is..... a UI.. account changes purchase should be done at the back end. the UI is just a interface to your goodies.

Edited by Tekadept, 17 October 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#7 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostTekadept, on 17 October 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Current UI?
Posted Image

The UI should have nothing to do with it. it is..... a UI.. account changes purchase should be done at the back end. the UI is just a interface to your goodies.

Except they can't put in the front end because of the UI, which is the issue.

#8 StarGeezer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY, USA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

This may shed some light on what the developers have to work with, and what plans are for the new and improved UI.

UI2.0 Engineering History Lesson

#9 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

You don't have to "put it in" the front end. All the front end should be doing is parsing a database with your account info, asks what mechs does this person have, then displays it. There should be no "logic" in a UI that hinders changes to account data, if so thats pretty bad. I'm sure there is a reason, just dont blame it on the UI.

#10 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Pure and simple, the only reason these mechs took until the server update, is because they DIDN'T EXIST. You literally got them as soon as they got released. There was no delay. These mechs were slated to be released on October 15th, once they got released (when the patch downloaded) you got them.

#11 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 17 October 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Pure and simple, the only reason these mechs took until the server update, is because they DIDN'T EXIST. You literally got them as soon as they got released. There was no delay. These mechs were slated to be released on October 15th, once they got released (when the patch downloaded) you got them.

The OP is talking about when you buy the Phoenix AFTER the 15th, Ie if you buy it now, PGI say you have to wait for the next server maintenance before you get them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users