Consumable Prices Need Re-Evaluation.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

The average match yields somewhere between 60k and 120k CBills. Consumables cost 40k.

Depending on whether you have a good match or not, a single consumable will cost anywhere between a third and two-thirds of your income.

The grind is so heavy, I simple can't imagine using consumables, since it would practically cut my already-minuscule income in half. For a single-use consumable, 10k might be acceptable. But even that's a little pricey considering how ineffective most of them tend to be.

#2 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Sable,

Remember, this is balanced against those who have been playing the game since its release in Beta who are sitting on hundreds of millions of C-bills.

#3 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

The nature of the beast I guess. I would much rather it be a large up front cost and then a very low refill cost. (Like 1 mil initial price and than like 1-5k a refil)

But they want to be able to sell the premium consumables for MC.

#4 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

consumables are a "should i buy or not" item... they are supposed to be costy... prices are fine

and if someone is stupid anough to spend thousands of MC per week just for that...well, that´s their sanity that is severally damaged...

Edited by Alex Warden, 16 October 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#5 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

I assume you are talking about coolant? If so and you are using 1 a match then your mech needs work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users