• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostFierostetz, on 21 March 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

I just like messing with you but I'm too worn out to put effort into it lol
Ohh...

Then it definitely makes more sense then.

:rolleyes:

#303 Clit Beastwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

haha too burned out on mwo to fan the flames on all the spider threads

#304 impar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

I have now absolutely no doubt Spiders are FUBARed. None whatsoever.
This mech model should be removed from the game until it gets fixed.

We were playing Conquest in Caustic Valley, I have my Ilya destroyed and jump in to the camera of a Spider. I havent seen in any of my matches a mech resist the beating this Spider got. It was jaw dropping. It was attacked by every kind of weapons and just kept going.
Something is really wrong with the Spider, either its armour or its internal structure is multiple times what it should be, it just received the shots (they registered) and kept going.

Posted Image

When I started following the Spider it was yellowish and see it geting hit by the entire enemy team and just going and going and going. That Shadow Hawk was also yellowish (except for the left arm, that was already orangish) when started to fight the Spider. The Spider puts the ShadowHawk in that sorry state while getting hit by missiles, lasers and autocannons from the other mechs of the enemy team.

It was just crazy. The amount of beating that Spider took was enough to destroy assault class mechs.

#305 Jenkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

View Postimpar, on 21 March 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

I have now absolutely no doubt Spiders are FUBARed. None whatsoever.
This mech model should be removed from the game until it gets fixed.

We were playing Conquest in Caustic Valley, I have my Ilya destroyed and jump in to the camera of a Spider. I havent seen in any of my matches a mech resist the beating this Spider got. It was jaw dropping. It was attacked by every kind of weapons and just kept going.
Something is really wrong with the Spider, either its armour or its internal structure is multiple times what it should be, it just received the shots (they registered) and kept going.

Posted Image

When I started following the Spider it was yellowish and see it geting hit by the entire enemy team and just going and going and going. That Shadow Hawk was also yellowish (except for the left arm, that was already orangish) when started to fight the Spider. The Spider puts the ShadowHawk in that sorry state while getting hit by missiles, lasers and autocannons from the other mechs of the enemy team.

It was just crazy. The amount of beating that Spider took was enough to destroy assault class mechs.

I call bullshit on that.

My Spiders have been completely ruined recently.

Please explain HOW THE HELL a mech that is both smaller, faster and more agile (the Spider) can lose its torsos and legs faster than a Firestarter.

I run 30-50km/h slower in my Firestarters than my Spiders but I almost NEVER lose a leg or torso in a Firestarter....

Spider, every single bloody game. Bullshit beyond belief. Legs feel like they are as big as the entire mech. Side torsos are now apparently as wide as the entire goddam chassis.

Edited by Jenkss, 27 March 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#306 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

The point is, it's NOT just Spiders, all light 'mechs are 'enjoying' this issue.

#307 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

When I piloted a spider it seemed that nobody ever had any problem nailing it to the wall and blasting it into little bitty pieces.

#308 Jenkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 27 March 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

The point is, it's NOT just Spiders, all light 'mechs are 'enjoying' this issue.

The spiders definitely aren't. Their legs are bigger than the mech itself.

Ravens have been doing it tough that I've seen as well.

#309 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

The SPINDLY mechs are the ones causing issues. The Firestarter and the Spider both have issues. But, it isn't so much just the mech but hit registry in general. Anythign with a velocity under 1000m/s is notorious for outright not hitting what it hit. Plus, some of it has to do with where your game says your target is and where the server actually thinks it is. I saw a Firestarter run straight on a Victor the other day and get nailed dead center in the chest with 2 PPCs and an AC20 (it was my Victor so I know it to be true) and it just kept running without any damage registering at all. Is it the mech, the game, the infrastructure, or all of it combined?

#310 impar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostJenkss, on 27 March 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

I call bullshit on that.

You can call whatever you want. That Spider shouldnt have survived 1/10 of what it suffered.
And the damage was registering, but merely as a fraction of what it should be.

#311 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Funny...this is one of the issues that caused me to stop playing last fall...and it is STILL HERE. SMH.

#312 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

View Postimpar, on 27 March 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

You can call whatever you want. That Spider shouldnt have survived 1/10 of what it suffered.

Um... those flashes your were seen registering? ya, that would be lasers just grazing over the spider. A spider juking and dodging is tough to get a full laser beams worth of damage on it. So, when spectating, it looks like its getting hit over and over again... and it is, but only for minute damage.

Now, put a ppc into the hands of someone who is experienced at shooting spiders and you'll see chunks of armor and components flying off it.

#313 Silentium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 629 posts
  • LocationA fortified bunker in the mojave desert.

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

I have no trouble hitting them, but then the little buggers rarely give me the opportunity. The PPC comment is right on, I've specced enough spiders to see it happen routinely.

#314 Corwin Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 631 posts
  • LocationChateau, Clan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

You people are so sad....

#315 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

View Postimpar, on 27 March 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Considering that was Standard engine spider probably designed for that purpose.. Oh it would...

The mine issue here is MWO Hit Reg/HSR is still in a bad state not the mechs itself.

However... Lookie here... You need to L2P and L2A on dealing with lights...
Always aim for them stinking legs that is the hard part.. Once a legged and down to 15KPH.. The it is easy to take out the other leg and HIT REG/HSR issue is minimised... I often do it in 1 Alpha !

Here is a lesson..

Ohhhh 3 Spiders Down !

Ohhhh 2 Spiders Down + other lights !

And you should take a look at what ping I am doing this with !

Edited by ShinVector, 27 March 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#316 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostShinVector, on 27 March 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Considering that was Standard engine spider probably designed for that purpose.. Oh it would...

The mine issue here is MWO Hit Reg/HSR is still in a bad state not the mechs itself.

However... Lookie here... You need to L2P and L2A on dealing with lights...
Always aim for them stinking legs that is the hard part.. Once a legged and down to 15KPH.. The it is easy to take out the other leg and HIT REG/HSR issue is minimised... I often do it in 1 Alpha !

Here is a lesson..

Ohhhh 3 Spiders Down !

Ohhhh 2 Spiders Down + other lights !

And you should take a look at what ping I am doing this with!
Look you're being and arrogant F when you try and pull the L2P/L2A card.

I quote myself here and re-link my vid:

Which CLEARLY shows this is NOT ALWAYS an L2P/L2A issue, but IN FACT, a ******* game bug THAT SHOULD BE FIXED SOON before we all start leaving in droves...

#317 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 27 March 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Look you're being and arrogant F when you try and pull the L2P/L2A card.

I quote myself here and re-link my vid:
Which CLEARLY shows this is NOT ALWAYS an L2P/L2A issue, but IN FACT, a ******* game bug THAT SHOULD BE FIXED SOON before we all start leaving in droves...

L2P/L2A.. It is wrong for me to remind people that all light mechs have weakness that you need to exploit.. ?
The bug you are referring to is most likely bad HIT REG/HSR.. I see it all the time.

And at 250ms.. If am in the wrong build and lights and fast mediums get it becomes GG.. Neigh possible to hit as HSR stops functioning properly at close range and they start orbiting me.

As for your video.. You should be aware of an issue.. That is positional warping due to mechs touching each other.
I get the feeling if you have stood at least 50M away from the spider. You would have a MUCH easier time hitting him with the gauss.

Anyway.. If the server side hit effects patch does come in on the April fools patch.
This issue will be a thing of the past.. If the server says you didn't hit the spider... The gauss hit effect should not happen..
I am currently wonder whether it will show 'missed' rounds passing through mechs.. We will have to wait and see I guess.

Edited by ShinVector, 27 March 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#318 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostShinVector, on 27 March 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

L2P/L2A.. It is wrong for me to remind people that all light mechs have weakness that you need to exploit.. ?
The bug you are referring to is most likely bad HIT REG/HSR.. I see it all the time.

And at 250ms.. If am in the wrong build and lights and fast mediums get it becomes GG.. Neigh possible to hit as HSR stops functioning properly at close range and they start orbiting me.

As for your video.. You should be aware of an issue.. That is positional warping due to mechs touching each other.
I get the feeling if you have stood at least 50M away from the spider. You would have a MUCH easier time hitting him with the gauss.

Anyway.. If the server side hit effects patch does come in on the April fools patch.
This issue will be a thing of the past.. If the server says you didn't hit the spider... The gauss hit effect should not happen..
I am currently wonder whether it will show 'missed' rounds passing through mechs.. We will have to wait and see I guess.
Warping doesn't explain why lasers were still hitting...

#319 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 27 March 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Warping doesn't explain why lasers were still hitting...

If you could only see how much damage you were actually doing with the lasers.
Oh Look at 31s mark.. You should have legged and killed the spider or at least red leg him with with those two medium lasers shots...
Notice he barely took damage..

HSR/HIT Reg screw up cause server says.. You didnt hit him... The server probably just see you shooting the ground in between his legs most of the time during the beam duration. (I think I forgot to mention that weapon convergence goes wonky with lag as well) Or something stupid like that...

Anyway.. This is why I tend to stand still and a bit of a distance for kill shot.. I believe it helps minimise HSR/HIT reg issues. And also.. NEVER miss a chance of the enemy especially lights stand still.. Get that leg and he is doomed.

Edited by ShinVector, 27 March 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#320 Jenkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

It's not just lights.

I run at 350ms constantly (thanks Australia) I can be moving at full speed in my 5D. Fire at a stationary Atlas with an ERPPC, on my screen i hit dead centre of the back but he takes no damage. Anyone spectating me (even Australia friends) see me miss by a mile, due to server lag and my shots not landing where my screen says they do.

I can also be spextating others, watch their feed and according to my screen they are missing by half a screen or more, but the mech shows damage where they apparently hit.

Its bullshit on both sides all the time.

What I'm mad about is the screwing up of the hitboxes.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users