1V1 'solaris'

10 replies to this topic

#1 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Please make an arena. 1v1 required, 2-4 person teams would be nice as well, but 1v1 is a must.

12v12 zergfests decided by herd mentality can only go so far. I think a lot of the people have left for this very reason. I know modern game design theory requires that there is someone else on my team to blame the loss, but some of us are big boys with our big boy pants on. Let us handle the loss by ourselves.

Dueling will never be totally balanced if the game is designed for 12v12. We get that. There will be some meta paper-rock-scissors anyway. Match by weight and as ELO goes up loosen the weight requirements a little.

Maybe the devs want a pubstomp game? It doesn't take long for this to get boring. Self-gratification in an uneven playing field is ultimately hollow and unlikely to hold the attention of the savvy player.

#2 stinkypuppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 153 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the great plains of canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

i think some kind of a solaris would be nice, would be cool to challenge someone to a duel. would also be cool if there was also a 4 v 4 and 8 ffa. (all with weight classes so its light vs lights, mediums vs mediums ect.) also would make things interesting if each month they held a official tournament and held a live feed of it and at the end released the winners mech builds.

#3 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Paitience grasshopper.

#4 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostBiglead, on 18 October 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Paitience grasshopper.

I know, they listened on the old school mechs. Tonight I ride in a Locust, and soon I will be piloting a Shadowhawk (sorry PGI can't afford to buy them with real $ just yet). I'm just not sure how long people are going to wait. I know I have uninstalled and reinstalled once myself. People spend money when they play. Can PGI keep us playing? We asked for rated/ELO so matches would be more even, if you want to say matches are 10% more even then great, they are still bad. The 8 bad players ruin it for the 4 who think and listen to company chat.

#5 Flying Blind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 776 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Devs say it is ready and could be turned on any time but they are waiting for more features first. My guess is the twitch integration is what we are waiting for.

Just hope they are making new maps for this mode. Could you imagine 1v1 on alpine or tourmaline? You'd have to agree to meet in a square.

#6 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostFlying Blind, on 18 October 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Devs say it is ready and could be turned on any time but they are waiting for more features first. My guess is the twitch integration is what we are waiting for.

Just hope they are making new maps for this mode. Could you imagine 1v1 on alpine or tourmaline? You'd have to agree to meet in a square.

all they need is 6 maps and they can pull the schematics fro that from both MW4, MWLL, and the boardgames

Boreal Reach
The Factory
Ishiyama
The Jungle
Steiner Coliseum

Edited by gavilatius, 18 October 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#7 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

View Postgavilatius, on 18 October 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

all they need is 6 maps and they can pull the schematics fro that from both MW4, MWLL, and the boardgames

One has to wonder whether we'll be seeing MW-Solaris or TT-Soalris.

Since those two are really different. On the basic level, MW-Solaris is just smaller maps enclosed by some sort of audience. TT-Solaris is a bit more interesting with things like Colliseum having walls that rise to random heights at random intervals, The Jungle being able to shrink itself when certain event happens, Ishyama being a series of caves where sensors don't work, etc.

#8 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostRegrets, on 18 October 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

12v12 zergfests decided by herd mentality can only go so far. I think a lot of the people have left for this very reason. I know modern game design theory requires that there is someone else on my team to blame the loss, but some of us are big boys with our big boy pants on. Let us handle the loss by ourselves.

This literally made me LOL.
Thank-you sir!

Also they confirmed this is coming in this weeks ATD 49, so our dreams have come to pass!
http://mwomercs.com/...nswered/unread/

#9 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

3) Question from Redshift2k5: [color=#959595]On Twitter Bryan mentioned they were working on an "Attack & Defend" game mode. AtD 48 Paul says "Attack/Defend is our next target." The recent Creative Developer Update for October instead lists new "Skirmish" mode as being ready for Internal Testing, which the previously-mentioned "Attack & Defend" mode being further down in the In Development list.[/color]

[color=#959595]Which game mode is coming first, and why?[/color]

[color=#959595]Does Skirmish Mode contain BOTH a "Team Deathmatch" type as well as a free-for-all traditional "Deathmatch" type? Team Deathmatch may play very similarly to the current Assault mode... A free-for-all would be a large departure from current gameplay, though.[/color]

[color=#959595]If you really like me then feel free to further expand upon what new gameplay we can expect from these modes and some challenges faced by the dev team in bringing these new modes to life.[/color]

Answer from Paul:[color=#959595] I’ll let Bryan comment on the timing but my personal focus in terms of game modes is Attack & Defend. It will become a critical component of CW when planetary occupation comes into play. Skirmish is more catered to the competitive crowd that will allow them to set up their own rulesets (from what’s currently available) and choose who they play against. Skirmish can be related to private matches where you’re playing game modes in a manner not in line with regular public gameplay rules and mechanics.[/color]

Answer from Bryan: [color=#959595]Timing wise, we are done the basic functionality and could turn it on anytime. To clarify Deathmatch, we are only supporting 1 v 1 Deathmatch, which is technically TDM from our POV. Down the road we can examine expanding Deathmath to include more players.[/color]

[color=#959595]That being said, we are waiting for some more features to come on line before releasing it.[/color]

View PostVeranova, on 19 October 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

This literally made me LOL.
Thank-you sir!

Also they confirmed this is coming in this weeks ATD 49, so our dreams have come to pass!
http://mwomercs.com/...nswered/unread/

Thanks for this.

#10 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Oh man, 1v1 would make my day.

Big boy pants INDEED sir!!!

up to 4v4 would be awesome... B)

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip