389 replies to this topic

#341 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostSloCat, on 10 November 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hehe...yeah, those are mine. Glad you like them. I wish I had more time to work on my Marauder submission, but better a rough concept than nothing.

:blink: Wow, now there are at least two officially published members of the BT art scene entering this. No matter who wins the big question of what people expect when they think "Marauder" will be at least partially answered with an incredible collection of art from new and established talent. And here I thought it could not get any more epic. :D
We have:
  • Anthony Scroggins
  • Justin Nelson
If we could just add these guys:
  • Chris Lewis
  • Matt Plog
  • Chris Daranouvong
  • David White
  • Brent Evans
  • Stephen Huda
Things would very godly very quickly.

Edited by Nathan Foxbane, 10 November 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#342 ResidentCrow

• PipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostSand Lantern, on 10 November 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

I love it, definitely a new background image for me. Except for that one infantryman near the front, looks like his left leg is bending the wrong way. And is that a camel I spy? :D

Wow! you spotted the camel, I was about 90% sure no one would. Unfortunately you also spotted how rushed the infantryman was! hehe, thanks for the comments!

#343 Garfieldklon

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hannover

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

I've enjoyed every single person's drawing.
Love this contest regardless of potential prizes.

#344 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

i wonder if MoonUnitBeta can sleep now =)

#345 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

I had only posted this on the fan art forum, so I thought I might repost it.

My Marauder based on an attack helicopter kitbashed into a Marauder. remove the gun from the chin, stick it in the right engine, and put some chicken walker legs under it with some paddle arms hanging off the weapon stub wings.

Posted Image

#346 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostGriffinhawk, on 10 November 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Well, now I'm a little mad at you. :D It's my new wallpaper and I like to just look at it. Alas, I'll never get to pilot it I'm afraid. If it gets it done, I'd offer to pay PGI for it... look at my tag, I'm good for it. LOL

Your wallpaper? Gosh, I will improve it for you.
Any preferences of decals and unit?

#347 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

I found a marauder miniature from wizkids on ebay, we cant use this design either?

#348 HorribleGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

Posted Image
Since the time is up, this is what I sent. :D Pen &paper ftw!

#349 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

Hey Moon,
is it possible (and usefull ?) to add something like this to your voting post, when the contest goes in the next phase?
I would love to know what people think of these for my and for others' work and it can't be shown by like button only.
I like at least 3 designs, but I can't vote one more than the other and I wouldn't want to vote only for one. :D

For everyone who votes and like to post, they could use this to give a quick display of what they liked and what they "liked the most" of someones work without writing a huge post for their top 3 choices, or however many they like to do it.

From 1 (dislike) over 5 (don't mind) to 10 (perfect)
General feel:
Proportions:
Position (of mech body parts):
Parts
- Cockpit:
- CT:
- Side torsos:
- Arms:
- Legs:
Details:

(feel free to add more)

#350 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 11 November 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Hey Moon,
is it possible (and usefull ?) to add something like this to your voting post, when the contest goes in the next phase?
I would love to know what people think of these for my and for others' work and it can't be shown by like button only.
I like at least 3 designs, but I can't vote one more than the other and I wouldn't want to vote only for one. :D

For everyone who votes and like to post, they could use this to give a quick display of what they liked and what they "liked the most" of someones work without writing a huge post for their top 3 choices, or however many they like to do it.

From 1 (dislike) over 5 (don't mind) to 10 (perfect)
General feel:
Proportions:
Position (of mech body parts):
Parts
- Cockpit:
- CT:
- Side torsos:
- Arms:
- Legs:
Details:

(feel free to add more)

i guess it would be good. but do not think that MBB go for it. It would make counting votes longer and more difficult that just counting "likes".

may be make it optional but formal? so if there will be detailed votes the artists can found out what exactly they done =)

#351 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

View Postvetal l, on 11 November 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

i guess it would be good. but do not think that MBB go for it. It would make counting votes longer and more difficult that just counting "likes".

may be make it optional but formal? so if there will be detailed votes the artists can found out what exactly they done =)

Yes, i meant optional, just for "us" artists, not for the voting.
:D

#352 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

the waiting is literally killing me.
may you guys discuss pics i've posted here? this is not a submission - so feel free to tell me everything =)
i'll try to draw some more then.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by vetal l, 11 November 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#353 SloCat

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostFherot, on 10 November 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

See now that is how I usually draw as far as linework and simple shading. Comic book style. But I was unsure how it would hold up to the inevitable amazing painting people do, so I attempted to color for the first time...

Now I see how nice yours look, I will stick to how I draw in the future. Good old pencil and pen. (which is hiding underneath my Marauders paintjob)

Love the style.

Hey, thanks! Means a lot. I actually thought your entry turned out really nice. Kudos! Although I would also be interested in seeing a black and white, unpainted version. One of these days I will get around to actually painting a mech rather than just linework. Problem is; designing itself is so much fun that I never have time to get to painting. That, and I'm a bit rusty. I haven't done a digital painting since I finished school... :D

#354 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

View Postvetal l, on 11 November 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

may you guys discuss pics i've posted here? this is not a submission - so feel free to tell me everything =)

I really like the cockpit.

#355 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postvetal l, on 11 November 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love the cockpit, but something doesn't seem right about those arms. Either the forearms are too long and make the elbow look flimsy or the almost complete lack of an upper arm makes it look like they can't rotate on an X-axis. The legs look fine for the most part but also look like they can only move forward and back with no rotational capability.

#356 Fherot

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostSloCat, on 11 November 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Hey, thanks! Means a lot. I actually thought your entry turned out really nice. Kudos! Although I would also be interested in seeing a black and white, unpainted version. One of these days I will get around to actually painting a mech rather than just linework. Problem is; designing itself is so much fun that I never have time to get to painting. That, and I'm a bit rusty. I haven't done a digital painting since I finished school... :D

Posted Image

This is the original scanned inked drawing (minus background and shadow for contrast). I'm actually working on a Crusader now that's going to be black and white + grayscale shading. I'm more of a technical mind than a creative painter's mind... And lazy..

#357 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

Krigg's work looks absolutely fantastic. I feel this is a true Marauder, that feels asthetically pleasing in its proportions and really carries that look and feel of the original idea while not quite copying it.

#358 Firenze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

Im actually very very tempted to start making mine up in 3D actually... But I also have another mech project I have to make in 3D.... http://fav.me/d6tt2l2 and this http://fav.me/d6mszuo ...

Should I make them scaled to one another? Bear in mind my original mech (Valkarie) is about 17m tall... And will probably take me at least a couple of months to find time :P

#359 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 11 November 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

I love the cockpit, but something doesn't seem right about those arms. Either the forearms are too long and make the elbow look flimsy or the almost complete lack of an upper arm makes it look like they can't rotate on an X-axis. The legs look fine for the most part but also look like they can only move forward and back with no rotational capability.

ahh yes. this cockpit was created after submitted design. i've done there a lot of grand mistakes at early stages so rebuilding that cockpit was too difficult. so i've done this one =)

about arms and legs... well this is also second edition. i've noticed that models in MWO act very simple way. rotating part of the leg is a foot. arms rotating only in two joints... so i simplify this design. and this was mistake as far as i see =)

Spoiler

oh and i'll make elbow stronger. =) and forearms too.

Edited by vetal l, 11 November 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#360 Firenze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostAutobot9000, on 11 November 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Krigg's work looks absolutely fantastic. I feel this is a true Marauder, that feels asthetically pleasing in its proportions and really carries that look and feel of the original idea while not quite copying it.

I honestly do not see why people are so defensive about the original design and so against the Reseen. I baffles me. That being said, I do like his design. Reminds me a bit of the Stone Rhino's baby brother...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users