#1 RogueRAZR

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

So this post comes partially in light of the ATD Q&A, specifically, Q&A #10.

It was stated that there are no plans to use the "No Signal" displays after just a few more place holders are added. I found this to be a bit well unpolished, lazy, and disappointing. It makes me wonder if many of the original plans for this game have simply gone out the window. I remember back in closed beta these screens would be filled with valuable information, and that they would play a role in the over all combat UI. That obliviously has since been abandoned. I also find it ridiculous that they have even been left saying "no signal" for this long.

The screens, in my opinion, have a very important role to play with in game immersion. I also think they could display more useful information about more mission stats, and other items. You also mention they aren't useful because of the fact they aren't in your primary view. Well, here are some ideas, and suggestions to prove otherwise.

First off, players which have multiple monitors dont have an issue with seeing all of the items around the cockpit. Considering they should almost be able to see what the pilot can see from just about ear to ear. Also I think either a much needed change to FOV or at least an adjustable FOV will bring most of the monitors back into view of peoples vision. Back when we used to be able to change it in Closed Beta, I found it perfect right around 85. I know some may disagree with this number which is why I suggest adjustability. Another problem with seeing displays and their usefulness is because of their resolution. Its so low that I can hardly read or see what the screen is showing me. My monitor is a 27" 2560x1440p display, and at times I cant even read the Heat Sink screen. Just looks like a bunch of orange blocks. Now its not asking much to spend a tiny bit more time upping the resolution of the images. It is 3050 after all, I doubt they are using 800x600 resolution screens any more.

Lastly, here is some suggested data for the displays, as well as movement of the same data in the HUD. I find a lot of the HUD much too cluttered right now. Especially with all the mission stats. I think it would be better to move all the mission data to the screens in cockpit. Obviously the more critical stuff on the more visible displays. Also your lance and team information to a screen in the cockpit. Rather then having it sit on the main HUD, the information on lance mates will pop up on screen with the press of Q anyway. Also maybe have further data about CW once it is implemented as well.

All in all, I think with this implementation, while seemingly not very important, will be a big help to the overall polish needed now that the game is released. Especially because the game does NOT look like it should be released at this point. Another point I want to make is that all this could be customizable with UI2.0. I'm saying give us an option screen, perhaps even use what you are planning with interior customization to let us decide what goes on the screens and what is displayed on the HUD. That way even if you dont like my suggestions above, you could set up the interior how ever YOU want it. My last point is that none of this is difficult either, a little work with the UI and art teams and this would be easily changeable as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users