28 replies to this topic

#21 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

The Awesome needs to visit "The Biggest Loser" in order to turn its life hitboxes around.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostAdridos, on 21 October 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

Look at the thingy above it's cockpit. Not exactly CT, but still. Besides, he meant a mech that can actually take a beating. B)

As far as Awesome's problem goes, you won't help it. Awesome shouldn't have been added to the game at all, just like the Panther, for instance. The way they designed this game is incompatible with these mechs and there is absolutely nothing they could do that other mech wouldn't handle better. With or without fixed heat mechanics, with or without ghost heat, with or without ridiculous uppings of eninge power, with or without tonnage limits, with or without remaking of hitboxes and I don't know what else...

These kind of mechs only work if their only strength isn't universal for all mechs. And that's not the case here.

Not being a walking coffin, and being the only mech to be able to use 3 PPC without ghost heat would actually give it life again.

But intelligent mechlab, aka sized hardpoints, would have done that for making every mech viable and having of roles (well, aside from certain designs that were meant to be bad)

#23 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostD04S02B04, on 21 October 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Read what I've posted here on the Awesome.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2857435

Maybe there's a need to model the hitboxes better but otherwise the Awesome is a highly competitive mech.

The fact that Awesomes are not used in any form of high competitive play, I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the last part of your sentence here. While your screen shot is nice, any decent pilot can do that in low ELO play.

#24 Justy Starflare

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

I love the awesome in TT games loved it in mw3 and 4 but in this
game its just way to easy to kill. I've seen a few suggestions to
help alleviate some of its issues the best I like is to increase its
height just a tad increase the size of its arms to shield its torsos
and scale down its body just a bit ( its not suposeded to be pot
Bellied). Also I'dtake away its ghost heat penalties when firing its
Energy weapons.

And the aws-9q with 4 erPPC's and ecm would freaking rock

#25 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostBeardedGlass, on 20 October 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

The proportions of the awesome are way off from where they normally are. Posted Image The awesome is supposed to be tallish and sleek, instead of the Obese one we currently have in game. The CT of this one is barely past the arms, and the side torsos are sunken in, but not to the extent of the current awesome.

don't know where that came from but its..not an awesome I know.. and sleek..SLEEK... :blink: whomever wrote that description need to stop smoking the funny stuff..

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 October 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

Tallish? Maybe, though fluff describes it more frequently as a squat powerful looking mech.

But sleek? IDK where you get that.

Ahh there is an awesome sanity..at last

#26 Byzan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I can honestly say in hundreds of games Ive played ive never seen an awesome with an arm blown off.

the way they are designed the CT is just too easy to target

#27 Thejuggla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

I've had 3 I almost got them to full elite before selling them. Still a fun mech but I figured the battle master would do everything better and more, which seems to be true. I do agree on some rebalacing hitboxes, the Mw4 Awseome style someone posted in this thread seems like a good start for reshaping of the mech.

#28 stinkypuppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 153 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the great plains of canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

pgi just needs to revisit most mechs and fix them up. make some medium mech no longer the size of Godzilla. make the orions ct a little slimmer. and make the awesome's body not like a horizontal bus. maybe then i will buy the clan pack when its made because at this point i bet the mad cat would have the CT and cockpit of a catapult and don't get me started on those ears that i bet they will make side torsos. those things would get blown off the second you walk beside a cliff, it would be like if the made the annihilator with its giraffe neck that would get destroyed before its guns show.

#29 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostJusty Starflare, on 22 October 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

I love the awesome in TT games loved it in mw3 and 4 but in this
game its just way to easy to kill. I've seen a few suggestions to
help alleviate some of its issues the best I like is to increase its
height just a tad increase the size of its arms to shield its torsos
and scale down its body just a bit ( its not suposeded to be pot
Bellied). Also I'dtake away its ghost heat penalties when firing its
Energy weapons.

And the aws-9q with 4 erPPC's and ecm would freaking rock

Man, that would blow up in one shot. I run my 8Q as a ghetto 9Q, but with 4 regular PPCs and 22DHS it's hot as hell; I can't imagine running this thing with 1.5x the heat.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users