I made some cool Legos. :D

15 replies to this topic

#1 Soppy Hat

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

Hay guys. A while ago I made some minifure-scale BattleTech stuff out of Legos.
I made a couple mechs.

First pic is my Cougar build. Second pic is my 'Mech hangar. Third pic, an assault 'Mech I created in the style of BattleTech. I called it the Wotan. If you want to see either 'Mech from a different angle, or any of my other stuff, here's where I dump all my images: http://s1178.photobu...20and%20Hangar/

So, a couple questions...
What do you think? And what should I do next? I'm thinking Clan, something along the lines of Summoner/Timby/Dire Wolf, just to make it bawwwesome and worth the bricks.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Soppy Hat, 03 December 2011 - 10:41 PM.

#2 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:21 AM

That cougar is probably the best lego cougar I have ever seen!

My suggestion for your next mech....

Stormcrow.

#3 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,254 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

Looks great! Ideas for models would be, Strormcrow, Hellbringer, Summoner, Timberwolf, Mad Dog, Ebon Jaguar, Warhawk & Direwolf.

#4 warpig07

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

very nice job on the cougar.

BTW, nice bass in the last shot :)

#5 Mikhal Rain Longcut

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationidaho

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

Well done!!

couple questions; Where did you find all of the speciallty blocks? Or did you just mix a bunch of kits together?
How long did it take? Reason I'm asking is my boy saw your pictures and flipped really like them and asked me if we could make them and since it's xmas I thought it would be a good idea to get him started in Legos.

#6 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationI iz in ur matchez, killing ur battlemechz

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

View PostMikhal Rain Longcut, on 04 December 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

Where did you find all of the speciallty blocks?

A good place to find individual bricks is http://www.bricklink.com/, used by the thousands of AFOLs (Adult Fans of Lego).

#7 shnbwmn

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCape Town, South Africa

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

Lol, nice one :)

#8 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

View PostMikhal Rain Longcut, on 04 December 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

Well done!!

couple questions; Where did you find all of the speciallty blocks? Or did you just mix a bunch of kits together?
How long did it take? Reason I'm asking is my boy saw your pictures and flipped really like them and asked me if we could make them and since it's xmas I thought it would be a good idea to get him started in Legos.

Check this out. I'm sure you and your boy will enjoy it.

http://www.brickcomm...DA-Frameset.htm

#9 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:21 AM

Well. Looks like it took some Lego to finally make me get off my hindquarters and register on the forums.

Anyway, getting on topic... the Cougar. It's definitely not a bad build, although there's some room for improvement, first and foremost in the legs: they are far too thin, and the lower legs do not taper out enough near the ankles; the feet are also too small. The hips could be set a little closer together, too.

The torso is actually fairly solidly built, the only recommendation I have is to make the cockpit and the ridges next to it slightly larger. The missile launchers seem to be pointing downwards, but I suppose that's just a problem with the positioning, not the model itself - it does seem to be slouching a bit in the pictures.

The arms are not bad, but both the upper arms and the weapon barrels could bear to be a little shorter. Maybe also move the lower arms slightly outwards, they look a little strange just hanging straight down, past the waist.

Still, it's far from a bad model, and with some tweaking it could skyrocket right up to "great". Do post the next 'Mech if you decide to build one, I'd be interested in seeing that, too.

#10 maxx2504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

Hi !
If you have the time and the bricks, do this Dire Wolf i made in the LEGO Designer :) Some brick colors were limited, so it looks a little bit colorful...

EDIT: I just changed the feets of the mech and some other colors. Looks better now.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

maxx

Edited by maxx2504, 08 December 2011 - 04:35 AM.

#11 maxx2504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

Hi !

Whats my next Mech ? ;)

Posted Image

maxx

#12 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

View Postmaxx2504, on 08 December 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

Hi !

Whats my next Mech ? ;)

Timberwolf or Mad Dog!

Ps: Was los? Kein Bock mehr auf RC-Modelle? :)

#13 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

View Postmaxx2504, on 08 December 2011 - 03:26 AM, said:

Hi !
If you have the time and the bricks, do this Dire Wolf i made in the LEGO Designer ;) Some brick colors were limited, so it looks a little bit colorful...

EDIT: I just changed the feets of the mech and some other colors. Looks better now.

[-pictures omitted-]

maxx

Well, putting aside the fact that you're kind of hijacking OP's thread and then asking him to build a monstrously huge model...

First off, I suggest you enable Extended mode in LDD if you're having trouble with the limited brick and color selection. Here's how to do that.

Second, about the model itself: it's actually quite impressive. It's obvious that the thing is utterly massive, and would likely dwarf even the models on BrickCommander. The shape is pretty much spot-on, too, I can't see anything out of place in that regard. My one complaint would be about the large amount of visible studs; I highly recommend covering as many as you can with tiles, or 1x1 slopes on the front edge of the "cowl". Some extra detail on the arms, particularly the lower arms also couldn't hurt.

I'll be waiting to see the Vulture/Mad Cat, too, but you might want to open your own topic for them instead of posting the pictures here.

#14 feor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

View Postmaxx2504, on 08 December 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

Hi !

Whats my next Mech ? :)

Posted Image

maxx

just to go against the grain, I'm gonna say Catapult. ;)

#15 maxx2504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hi folks !

So...you're right. I dont wanna Highjack his thread. I will open a new one. New Screen in this thread then....

maxx

#16 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

even now your dire wolf is still very cool looking ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users