Can't Remove Artemis In Ui 2.0?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix Gray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 616 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Am I seeing this correctly? it doesn't let you uninstall Artemis once you have it on your Mech? WTH, over? What am I missing or did PGI miss?

#2 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

In the mechlab, configure your mech then go to upgrades. Drag "Standard Guidance" into the slot on the right to replace "Artemis."

#3 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Also, don't forget to click "Check Out"

#4 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

Yeah it's different from the old UI where you could drag it out. You have to drag in standard guidance.

#5 Phoenix Gray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 616 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

THANKS!

#6 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

BTW, be aware that in UI2.0 missile launchers designated for work in pair with Atremis FCS (marked as LRM##+Artemis or SRM#+Artemis) have to be bought separately from launchers working with standard missile guidance system. I have a confirmation email from support on that. This change has not been annouced , AFAIK.

#7 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 12 February 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

BTW, be aware that in UI2.0 missile launchers designated for work in pair with Atremis FCS (marked as LRM##+Artemis or SRM#+Artemis) have to be bought separately from launchers working with standard missile guidance system. I have a confirmation email from support on that. This change has not been annouced , AFAIK.

Featherwood, the Artemis change was clearly announced over a month ago, along with an 'admission' they probably should have done it this way in the first place. I am posting from my phone, else I'd link it. It was in a dev update and pretty clear it was a change they stated would arrive with the 2.0 store... in response to it a huge number of folks I know and a not inconsiderable number of repliers stated they would be putting normal "cheap" missiles on all thier artemis enabled mechs, because when the change happened those missile launchers would permanently become artemis launchers which in the new system cost (and sell) for a lot more cbills, while the upgrade cost for artemis in cbills would drop and they would have to do noting to gain that value.

You can see that even minor, seeing this as exploit they would not repost and keep drawing attention during the change. Now that it happened, there's a bit of a throw away line in one of the ui 2.0 posts noting the artemis change, now that someone cant take 30 artemis system carrying mechs in thier lab, pull the engines and slip the biggest missile launchers that fill the hardpoints, then wait for them to be converted by the change before then selling them for like twice what they cost.

So anyhow, now ya know. Plenty did know and even figured they might make some small profit this way, or just did it cause they could. Probably not so worthwhile.

#8 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

He's right, they did annouce the change in December with one of the UI 2.0 tests. It is a cheaper upgrade/downgrade cost now though. (250,000 vs 750,000 to upgrade)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users