Fix Elo

5 replies to this topic

#1 SJ MetalDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pirate
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

DOSE ELO work at all ... and WHAT ABOUT WEIGHT.... getting really fed up with ... facing full assault teams

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Do you know what Elo is? Just curious, I don't mean that in a passive-aggressive way, but it has no bearing whatsoever on weight class or tonnage.

If you do understand its purely a player skill measuring system, how do you feel its failing? Is it too tight, or too loose?

"Please fix" isn't very helpful when you don't say what's wrong.

#3 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

I think we definitely need class restrictions with the matchmaker though. They should let us ready a mech of each class and then drop both teams in a lobby and once you lock in your mech you hit the ready button. I don't think tonnage limits are needed if we us class restrictions like 3 of each similar to the launch tournament. That in itself creates a nice balanced game.

If other people lock in and ready up before you and people already chose 3 Heavies then you have to choose a light, Med, or assault. I think it would be a good solution.

#4 SJ MetalDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pirate
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

yes but I was under the impression.. that they'd added some sort of weight & class matching to it as well ... I must of been wrong.. would be nice to have more balance than just skill level in match's ... and your right ...my first post was in anger after being ... dropping into 3/4 games with almost full assault's enemy team .. I have a habit of venting sometimes . ..my bad

#5 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Elo has nothing to do with weight, that's a separate variable.

#6 SJ MetalDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pirate
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

so when you say Variable ... you mean it is take into account for match making or its not .... and should it be

Edited by SJ MetalDeath, 01 November 2013 - 09:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users