Can't Pivot Torso

4 replies to this topic

#1 J0ps

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right subforum, the other support forums seem irrelevant to my issue...

Anyway, this is getting really annoying: I can't steer my JM6S to the left or right with the [A] or [D] keys. I can however, pivot my torso and use the [F] key to center my Mech. It is functional but I have lost a lot of maneuverability due to this problem. Already 7 games in a row, I've opened/closed MWO and bound/rebound/reset defaults over and over again to no avail.

What the hell should I do?

*EDIT* Sorry, title should read: Can't turn mech... I can pivot torso just fine

#2 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

Er: Unmap, then remap, the two keys in question?

… I've got nothing …

#3 J0ps

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

Yeah I tried all of that, no go. Restarting my computer, not the game, seems to temporarily resolve the problem. It has happened twice since then but so far 20+ games and no problem.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

I would look at what components are attached to system, game pad, joystick, etc.

Also, review what component software is running for mouse, etc. Basically, do you play other games on your system that you may have set things up that allows you to play it, but instead of setting it up to run only when playing that game, it runs when playing any game?

Before you do what is listed below, do this first. Make a change to one of the other settings, such as changing A and D key to Q and E keys go into the testing grounds.

Drill down to your MWO/User folder and rename Profiles folder, use the Repair Tool then try it then?

Of all of the above, it sounds more like another component/software is affecting it. Question, are you able to type A and D in the chat screen during battle?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 18 October 2013 - 05:58 AM.

#5 Bluefox42000

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I have this issue as well. It went away for a while but then I haven't played for a month or so and it's back. Problem is inconsistant and can either start to work or stop working in the middle of a game. No joystick, and an xbox style game pad wich is neither active or turned on and has never been an issue until the last two or three patches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users