Ams Assist Reward

64 replies to this topic

Poll: Ams Assist Reward (214 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a reward for protecting team members by your AMS?

1. Yes (192 votes [89.72%])

Percentage of vote: 89.72%

2. No (22 votes [10.28%])

Percentage of vote: 10.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

Bump! 6 ton of AMS ammo and no rewards.

Sadface.

#62 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

Holy raising a dead thread batman!

But with the new reward system in place I have to agree with this. AMS defend reward.

#63 Kargan Durge

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

View PostFinsT, on 22 October 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Voted "no".

4 reasons:
- a single AMS effect is quite minor;
- there is already a reward for any significant usage of AMS, taking the form of more assists and kills: over time, now and then it will happen that using AMS allowed to kill more enemies (and correspondedly to have more assists; there can't be an assist scored if a target was not killed during the match);
- there is a need to keep the system relatively simple. If to reward significant usage of AMS, ECM, 360 degrees targeting module, BAP (extra sensor range), headshots, scouting/spotting, enhanced sensor range module, etc etc - it would be increasingly difficult to properly balance things. And for me, AMS is one of least important things to reward (much due to previous reason);
- AMS shoots down missiles no matter whether missiles are going to hit their target, or not. Whenever the target is too fast for missiles to connect, or whenever the target "hides" behind an obstacle, or simply drops out of attacker's missile lock and moves away, - AMS shoots down these nonetheless, but should not be rewarded for doing so, since no matter if it'd shoot these down or not, - it wouldn't help the team. In fact, it would be reducing chances to win by a extremely very tiny amount - because by shooting down "harmless" for the team missiles, AMS spends its ammo, - and it might run out of ammo later and be unable to shoot down missiles later, some of which may kill or cripple friendlies and thus reduce chances of winning (for the whole team).

Sorry...

I'm going to kindly disagree, as when I use my 3xAMS Kitfox to protect my Team, they always appreciate that cover from missiles. It is extremely helpful to keep their health up longer in the first stages of the fight.

#64 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:32 AM

this is an idea which must be executed. Support roles are not rewarded and this is a thing that has to change. AMS, flamers, locks, spotting - all these things should be rewarded, not just the damage spanking all the solo mongers are about. Support makes others increase their performance.

#65 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:14 AM

Actually, they are planning to add an ECM Counter bonus for those ECM users that actually use the Counter function that is rarely used by the pilots.

They should make ECM not give stealth while theyre at it. Then LRMs might actually have a purpose instead of getting countered by a 1.5 ton piece of equipment. And then AMS would be better and AMS savior bonuses for everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users